KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CDK Global

Is this your company?

CDK Global

Add a Review

CDK Global Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 20, 2021

Found 90 of over 2,564 reviews

3.7
CDK Global CEO Brian Krzanich
Brian Krzanich
Pros
  • "Good work life balance and culture(in 370 reviews)

• "It is an awesome job as you work from home(in 138 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper Management can force too much work(only in some teams)(in 90 reviews)

• "Difficult to maintain work life balance at senior level full time jobs(in 51 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

313 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CDK Global and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Sep 29, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's definitely room for growth, a supportive mid-level leadership team, and flexibility with benefits.

Cons

New changes have been made with upper-management that leaves employees wondering what changes will come next.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Lack of True communication

Oct 20, 2021 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay well and have great benefits.

Cons

There is a lot of talk about being transparent but very little transparency. The truth is that the upper management keeps their direct reports in the dark or when they are included and provided information it is dire and something bad is about to happen.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Started Great but...

Oct 7, 2021 - CTA III in Norwood, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Co-Workers - I ended up with a great team at CDK. We were small but got along well. Good Initial Pay - Starting out pay was excellent. Internal surveys - They wanted to know how to improve.

Cons

CDK Drive & Other Software - Drive is the equivalent of a car being held together by duct tape. The teams who work on the back end screw up other parts of the program so easily if they make just one mistake, or forget to check one thing after making a change. SERIOUSLY. If someone in the forms department even makes ONE typo, it totally shuts down a Dealership's Document archiving. There needs to be MORE safeguards. Also, hope they get Flex up soon for their sake because some genius decided to have Drive run in Internet Explorer, exclusively. As soon as other browsers came out they should have been on it to have the program run on those too. But that would cost money wouldn't it? Raises - The longer you work for them, the less they offer to keep you. Also, reworking job titles so you don't have to give out promotions, is a really dirty thing to do to your employees. I, along with a few others, were told we would be getting a promotion one year. We were given a low raise and told the promotion we would be getting would make up for the low raise. Then it got pushed back to the beginning of the next year. Then that got pushed back again to the middle of the year. Then job titles were "reworked". By next compensation update, no mention of the promotion and just a crappy raise. Upper Management - Don't know what they're doing. I had a wonderful manager. The guy above her, not so much. Benefits - Started with a great medical and prescription plan, then after that they switched to a real stinker of a package. Good luck if you are diabetic. When they switched to the new program they initially had some supplemental health program for employees to prove they were trying to "Be fit and healthy" and give you an amazon gift card if you got so many points. They got rid of that too. Customer culture - They have a "customer is always right" culture and you can't EVER say anything negative on the phones. Even saying "No Problem" is not allowed, if you go by their training. If a customer has a problem that's a known defect you can't call it a "defect". They also have a nasty habit of babying the customers and the customers know it. We had so many calls about issues that the customers could solve themselves but we were told to help them rather than teach them how to help themselves. Stress - Small teams for a big company = constant stress. When they brought on the Indian division it only caused more customer calls and complaints. I'm not blaming the Indian division though because the company thought they only needed six months of training for everyone. No. Ingenuity - They would hire people in at the higher levels to think of how to get more customers. Great. However, they never listened to their front line customer support people. Asking the client what their problems are works to a degree. If you want to know how to REALLY improve, ask the people that help your customers. We see the patterns. We know what issues are happening the most. But NO ONE ever asked us, and if they DID... Nothing came of it. Internal surveys - They asked how to improve, but never changed anything to help US, just their statistics. Monthly "BOING" games - A monthly game of bingo to keep up employee moral... Really? THAT'S how you are going to improve moral? Maybe give decent raises and healthcare plans to the employees. Maybe staff your company beyond the bare minimum needed per team! I promise you, in the long run having some extra bodies per team to reduce stress is going to only improve your company! Employee Moral - I am not exaggerating when I say as I was leaving, only one person on the team (that I talked to) did not envy me or have the same idea. The only one who was happy to stay was one who was just happy to have the job. That's NOT good enough. Your job should not leave you physically exhausted when there's no physical work required. A job should not leave you feeling like a zombie at the end of the day. Growth - Good luck. At best you might get a parallel position but it mostly just dead ends. I had hopes of moving to management but there was little opportunities to grow.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good work life balance but low productivity

Aug 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is on lower end but better in the SJC office. Good work life balance and bosses.

Cons

Upper management is doing a lot of restructuring w/o much effect. Many employees are stagnating and not very productive. Business space is saturated without room to grow.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Mediocre workplace

Aug 22, 2021 - Director in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many of the lower level people are honest and hard working. Company culture overall is relatively relaxed

Cons

Upper management has little to no loyalty, very bad at choosing a direction to go, the benefits/perks are the worst I've ever seen or heard of. Pay is significantly lower than comparable job titles are other companies in the area

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Career Hostage

Jun 28, 2021 - Cta in Norwood, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your co-workers will give you a reason to keep coming back day-in/day-out. There are plenty of wonderful coworkers.

Cons

Upper Management has no idea how to run a software company. You will be micro-managed in every which way. The company does not reward dedication or education. Career growth is non-existent, they will not reward you with a better position. Programs they use for helping clients are outdated.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not the greatest

May 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They keep paying me, I've gotten some bonuses

Cons

Benefits are lackluster, upper management doesn't seem to understand what the employees want.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee

Great practice job; poor reality for current employees

Jun 2, 2021 - Sales in New Orleans, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you like a place with limited accountability this place is for you

Cons

Bad pay, no forms for advancement, weak upper management.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

No job security

May 29, 2020 - Implementation Consultant in Hoffman Estates, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Travel across the US -Daily Per Diem (Use it or lose it, and don't expect to use the full daily amount, or you will be harassed by management) -Corporate cards

Cons

-The software is extremely buggy and far from perfect -Micromanagement -High turnover and constant layoffs -Internal backstabbing and politics -Toxic managers and work environment -Extremely long hours, expect to work upwards of 90 hours per week -Salaried and no overtime pay -Intensive re-orgs, and will be put under different managers/directors which hinders your yearly performance reviews since new managers will be clueless about your progress -Are expected to travel and leave home at 2:00AM on Monday mornings, be at a client's location no later than 12:00PM and work until midnight -On non travel days, you will be required to be onsite by 9:00AM and will be pulling 10-15 hours shifts due to technical issues -Will get harassed by upper management if you get onsite after 12:00PM, even though flights may be delayed or cancelled due to weather or technical issues -Are expected to work Friday's until 12:00PM, and travel back home after 4:00PM -Expect to arrive home on Friday's by midnight or Saturday mornings -Contractors who are assigned on your projects will compete and discredit your work to upper management in order to get a chance to become a direct hires -Job roles are being outsourced to Infosys -Managers will do surprise on-site visits or send out spies to check on you

8 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Too much

Aug 11, 2019 - Minion in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many wonderful coworkers, or at least there used to be. Longtime workers have decent vacation time. They need it. In a chaotic, changing environment like this, there are sometimes opportunities to carve out a special path for yourself. Departments are trying to move forward into this century.

Cons

Morale is really low. Dedicated people who used to pump massive energy into their work have mentally cried uncle and given up. Those that are not in a good position to leave have had to quit caring about the work they do, just to protect their sanity. For people who normally take pride in their work, this is a sad, difficult thing. Workload is over the top. Constant fear of being laid off. Critical brain drain with knowledgeable people laid off or having quit in desperation. They’ve cut way past the bone. Typing pool seating is a nightmare for introverts. The constant distractions, whether intended or not, are exhausting. Everything is just too much: too much “doing more with less,” too much stress, too much talk from ELT where they don’t walk the walk, too much pretending to be something they’re not—a company that cares about its employees, or a company with integrity. My beef is mainly with upper management. They sunk so low that they have a long way to go to earn back any trust. Hasn’t happened yet. For me, the jury’s still out on BK, but so far I’m disappointed that he hasn’t done more to clean up the mess at the top.

27 people found this review helpful