CDK Global "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

CDK Global Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 6 Dec 2019

2.9
CDK Global CEO Brian Krzanich
Brian Krzanich
Pros
Cons
  • "My beef is mainly with upper management(in 80 reviews)

• "As a former leader at Cobalt, I'll provide just one example that summarizes everything: under(in 52 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's definitely room for growth, a supportive mid-level leadership team, and flexibility with benefits.

Cons

New changes have been made with upper-management that leaves employees wondering what changes will come next.

CDK Global2016-09-29
  2. "poor management"

I worked at CDK Global full-time

Pros

The work was repetitive, but at times could be interesting. Some of the people are talented and deserve better.

Cons

A lot of the negative reviews are generally accurate. The leadership was really poor. The micromanagement was ridiculous. Behavior from upper management was toxic.

CDK Global2019-12-07

"Just ok"

I have been working at CDK Global full-time

Pros

Good team members, new focus on better customer service

Cons

Distrust of some upper management, lots of layoffs and changes over the last year or two, work environment is depressing at timeS

CDK Global2019-10-03

"Too much"

Former Employee - Minion in Portland, OR

I worked at CDK Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Many wonderful coworkers, or at least there used to be. Longtime workers have decent vacation time. They need it. In a chaotic, changing environment like this, there are sometimes opportunities to carve out a special path for yourself. Departments are trying to move forward into this century.

Cons

Morale is really low. Dedicated people who used to pump massive energy into their work have mentally cried uncle and given up. Those that are not in a good position to leave have had to quit caring about the work they do, just to protect their sanity. For people who normally take pride in their work, this is a sad, difficult thing. Workload is over the top. Constant fear of being laid off. Critical brain drain with knowledgeable people laid off or having quit in desperation. They’ve cut way past the bone. Typing pool seating is a nightmare for introverts. The constant distractions, whether intended or not, are exhausting. Everything is just too much: too much “doing more with less,” too much stress, too much talk from ELT where they don’t walk the walk, too much pretending to be something they’re not—a company that cares about its employees, or a company with integrity. My beef is mainly with upper management. They sunk so low that they have a long way to go to earn back any trust. Hasn’t happened yet. For me, the jury’s still out on BK, but so far I’m disappointed that he hasn’t done more to clean up the mess at the top.

CDK Global2019-08-11

"Once great company, now an empty shell. Well, empty parking lot"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The place is air conditioned.

Cons

Greedy upper management with a hack and slash mentality. They are shaving our salaries and benefits each year. Forced us out of our semi private cubes and into public noisy spaces that resemble pig pens.

CDK Global2019-08-05

"Not the best"

Current Employee - Digital Advertising Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work life balance, work from home 2-3 days a week, awesome co-workers

Cons

Terrible upper management, benefits are terrible, low paying, teams are always understaffed, people love to point fingers instead of solving the problem

CDK Global2019-07-01

"HORRIBLE"

Former Employee - Former Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at CDK Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working hours are Monday-Friday, No other Pros

Cons

Upper management lack people skills, unfriendly people, no urgency to help clients unless there's a continual escalation, no room for advancement HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK

CDK Global2019-04-19

"Went Downhill real fast, not climbing back up."

Former Employee - CTA II in Norwood, OH

I worked at CDK Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have food trucks on fridays in the summer and sometimes they bring in cool events. Parking garage is right next to building. Free bagels on Monday. Benefits aren't the worst. 401k is pretty good. Pay isn't bad.

Cons

Was great when I first started 3 years ago. Then the company switched to a different CEO and decided to change the support model, outsource to India, and lay off entire departments and tons of other people for reasons that were never made clear to us other than "a change in management organization". This included demoting or laying off the good supervisors and keeping the few remaining ones who were either downright awful or just don't know what they're doing. They hemmorage staff and don't replace them, but continue to install 60+ new clients a month, and expect the same minimal amount of support to be enough. Cases are constantly backlogged with no sign of recovery. My department is half the size is was 3 years ago and we have 4x as many clients as we did then. And they wonder why we can't provide effective support, and won't hire anyone else for our department. No communication between departments or from upper management to certain departments. They always input temporary solutions that never get real solutions when it comes to backlog. QA is production, they basically just have the Devs roll out whatever they've made with minimal testing (if any) so defects are in the thousands and they take years to get fixed (if ever). Company seems to think that just forcing more work on the few left and tagging the emails with "Be Positive" is a good solution. I waited for 2 years for this place to get its act together because they kept saying "just be patient, things will improve". I think 2 years is patient enough. And things are just getting worse by the day. If all you need is decent pay and benefits and you're desperate for that, go for it. But for your sanity (and probably job stability) I wouldn't recommend it. There's a new CEO now and in his defense I think he's trying to fix things but I'm done waiting around.

CDK Global2019-04-15

"ouster of CEO"

Former Employee - Cta in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at CDK Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free parking and free coffee hard working associates

Cons

Greed of CEO and his underlings in upper management. Stripped the company of associates with knowledge and replaced with young inexperienced associates where customer service centers became a "churn & burn" call center. High turnover in customer facing positions.

CDK Global2018-12-07

"Digital Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, work/life balance, little to no micro management of employees, flexible work schedule, work remotely from home with travel. The job is a piece of cake if you're okay with staying in hotels 2-3 nights a week. I've racked up over a half a million Marriott points to take your girl on a vacation!

Cons

- After 2 years the travel gets old - Little to no KPIs that have anything to do with your actual role - Company will hose you 9/10 times on your bonuses even when you're 110% of objective - Amazing first class digital products but terrible services - Don't care about their employees and will throw you under the buss to save face in front of the client - Upper Management has never worked in a dealership but act like they know what is going on (hint: they have no clue how the website works and don't know anything about digital marketing) - Essentially, the only good thing about this job is that you make your own schedule and get decent pay - Advice to anyone applying... Negotiate a higher salary because you will only get a standard 2-3% cost of living adjustment even if you are one of the highest performers in your division - They don't care about you. They may pretend they do but it is clear to anyone working for the company more than a few months that YOU ARE A NUMBER and the only thing they care about is paying upper management. - Achieve 110% of goals and only get half of the bonus you were promised while they pay their CEO millions. A good CEO would give up the money he didn't earn in order to give his BEST employees the bonus they deserve. That's why he has less than a 30% approval rating on Glassdoor, bum! - Company's lack of "care" about the dealers is very obvious, which is why they are losing dealers on the CDK primary left and right! When GM goes to choice model they are going to lose thousands of dealers and the company value is going to plummet!

CDK Global2018-09-19