CDK Global "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

CDK Global Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 31 Oct 2019

2.9
CDK Global CEO Brian Krzanich
Brian Krzanich
Pros
Cons
  • "My beef is mainly with upper management(in 80 reviews)

• "As a former leader at Cobalt, I'll provide just one example that summarizes everything: under(in 52 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"Love My Team"

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team, flexible hours, work from home occasionally, exciting projects, on-site cafeteria, on-site workout/locker rooms, opportunity to work on different CDK products

Cons

For certain projects in my department the priorities are constantly shifting so you must adapt and ramp up quickly

CDK Global2019-10-31

"One of the WORST Places I Have Ever Worked!"

Former Employee - Administrative in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at CDK Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Allowed to work from home on occasion.

Cons

Shady, dishonest management. Cut throat culture. Toxic work environment. Boring work. Some of the most negative, mean spirited co-workers I have ever encountered in my entire career! Layoffs are frequent and come without warning. Any positive reviews on here were written by HR reps from the company. It is NOT a good place to work!

Advice to Management

I'd give some, but they truly don't care. Only the shareholders matter to them. EVERYTHING is about the bottom line. Employee welfare means NOTHING.

CDK Global2019-10-24

"Not the best"

Current Employee - Digital Advertising Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work life balance, work from home 2-3 days a week, awesome co-workers

Cons

Terrible upper management, benefits are terrible, low paying, teams are always understaffed, people love to point fingers instead of solving the problem

CDK Global2019-07-01

"Needs Some Work, but not the worst as some reviews state"

Current Employee - Account Advocate in Detroit, MI

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coworkers are great. Work from home days when horrible weather hits and once a week. 2 weeks vacation, 1 week sick time and 1 week personal time. Medical Benefits are okay for what's out there in the industry. Self work growth (Certification).

Cons

Retention started too late, too much unknown for current employees and new employees aren't going to be able to retain clients. Self work growth (certification) is great but you earn chump change in comparison to someone coming in brand new to the role which is a failure on the company. They ask you to take on more responsibility but won't pay you for it and will guilt trip you into doing it. Got rid of Free... Food Fridays. You PAY for parking ($210 currently next door and the company DOES NOT reimburse you) but will let you write it off on taxes and reimburse you. They will post jobs internally and the recruiters will ignore your emails, disrespect you on calls and through emails and then cancel positions and not notify you. Also they will lie lie lie! Bug infestations and random funk smells through the office. People will steal your lunches.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people who don't have the appropriate experience to handle working with dealers . How you do expect to retain dealerships when you can't even retain your own employees on the digital side? Especially when they don't have the experience. Listen to your dealers!!! They are asking for agency creative stop having content work on quantity and focus on QUALITY. CDK is deemed to fail if they don't focus on... quality.

CDK Global2019-05-20

"Uphill Climb"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Portland, OR

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

a geniune effort is being made to improve moral or to improve review scores with events, food trucks, but it will take a long time and real efforts to build trust again with employees who have been burned many times. Some parts of the company get to work with interesting technology Even with new work from home rules, home-life balance is still one of the best things here with most groups.

Cons

Middle management in many areas are not supporting employees, and many managers are hired due to friendships and not qualities or experience. One big con is that in some company areas there is no opportunities for career advancement for CDK employees. No path beyond what you are doing now. Seem to rather hire outside candidates. Salary and benefits are not competitive compared to other companies. Most talented... employees and managers have been leaving due to layoffs, moral and reasons listed here. Leaving those of us left to do more with less investment or support and managers who know nothing and cannot plan. Training for internal hires is poor. Sink or swim. Layoffs have been frequent over the past few years, and badly planned as the best employees and managers ( who must be the most expensive) are let go.

Advice to Management

I am tired of seeing talented, experienced, hard working and caring co-workers find happiness and better pay at other companies. Give your employees stable, well paid jobs here with more competent leaders and your efforts to improve the customer experience will succeed. Continue with poorly managed layoffs and removal or reduction of benefits, non-competitive pay and customers will end up suffering. Get real and... lose the cheerleading. It is an uphill climb, and some of the leaders that remain from the previous CEO are most likely to cause us to slide back downhill.

CDK Global2019-05-03

"Things are changing for the better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, has the sense of family. Options to work from home when needed. Exceptional VP / GM in office. The new CEO BK is still new to the role but he seems to be the real deal. An inspirational leader that really seems to think things through with an extremely innovative mindset.

Cons

Health benefits are lacking Obnoxious noise cancelling speakers + florescent lighting... “Open” work environment Minimal of standing desk options

CDK Global2019-02-24

"Oh Boy"

Current Employee - Sr

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

offices are ok, I can work from home, have a great direct boss

Cons

wouldn't trust anyone over a director as far as I could thow them

Advice to Management

quit trying to see what you can steal outta here today and worry about the five-year health of the company. Here's a hint- getting rid of most of the field guys who do the actual installs doesn't help us a year from now.

CDK Global2019-01-15

"Associate Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hoffman, IL

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have a great work- Life balance! Flexible hours, possible work from home opportunities. As for sales it is a low pressure environment and you receive great support form co workers. Everyone gets along great in Inside Sales were like a little family away from home. CDK has plenty of career opportunities as well as networking opportunities! The event team makes things exciting: cubicle decorating contests,... cook offs, Costume contest etc. We also have a free Gym and Yoga room. As well as a market and cafeteria!

Cons

I wish they had more Sales Training opportunities to develop our sales skills.

CDK Global2018-11-05

"Client Technical Analyst II"

Current Employee - Client Technical Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Corporate discounts and the ability to work from home. Met some really nice people and the building is recently renovated.

Cons

The pay is trash and they expect employees to work harder for less. My most recent merit increase wasn’t worth stepping over. They sure do offer a lot of useless free stuff to try and compensate for being a penny pinching, publicly traded, image obsessed behemoth. Most people working here are ok but a large portion of them are the typical racist, sexist tech bros that love to be condescending.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to recognize the value of their employees and compensate them accordingly. Hiring 10 cheap laborers while losing 3 excellent employees because you’re too cheap to reward existing workers is absurd. This company will tank with the quickness operating like this.

CDK Global2018-08-30

"Do Not Recommend Working at CDK Global"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

- As a junior developer, the learning opportunities are great to help build up your technical knowledge and experience. - Coworkers and team members are great! They are great mentors and source of knowledge. - Get to work on the latest stable technologies. - Having the option to work from home is great when you need it.

Cons

- Constant layoffs and re-orgs has significantly brought down morale for everyone. - No new hires as workers are laid off or leave. Teams are pressured to keep the same pace of work with reduced team sizes. - Domain knowledge is reduced because of layoffs and people leaving. - Pay is low compared to other places in the area. - Teams spanning across multiple time zones have caused tension because of meetings... occurring very early in the day or very late in the day.

Advice to Management

- Get to know your employees and understand what exactly what they are working on. - Talk to engineering teams before committing to work with short deadlines.

CDK Global2018-08-25