CDK Global "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

CDK Global Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 5, 2019

2.9
CDK Global CEO Brian Krzanich
Brian Krzanich
Pros
Cons
  • "My beef is mainly with upper management(in 80 reviews)

• "As a former leader at Cobalt, I'll provide just one example that summarizes everything: under(in 52 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Work - Life Balance and Competitive Comp"

Current Employee - Tax Associate

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Work-Life Balance - Growing Company - Great Benefits - Competitive Compensation - Great People

Cons

As a member of the finance team, expect longer hours during close periods.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employees and in the business.

CDK Global2019-10-03

"Slowly Improving"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance. on site gym. food trucks come daily. more attention being paid to employee needs and concerns. Clear new mission and values.

Cons

Not enough perks, like free parking, that you would find at other companies. Health benefits not great. Pay could be better.

Advice to Management

New CEO is starting to improve things, but invest more in your workforce in order to hit your goals. We have lost many smart people to other companies and if you want to stop losing them, make them feel valuable.

CDK Global2019-12-05

"Constant change, but not for the better"

Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at CDK Global full-time

Pros

Good work/life balance. Hackathons are fun and cultivate talent.

Cons

Chaos. Poor leadership. Unsure of company direction.

CDK Global2019-11-18

"Nepotism at the workplace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at CDK Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great support from peers and mentor. Decent benefits.

Cons

Extremely long hours in the field. No work/life balance. Below average pay for industry. Nepotism...you are more likely to get promotoed if you have parents working for the company. Clearly unprofessional. Horrible HR. Lack of growth opportunity. Significantly reduced bonuses. However, executive management maintained their gross bonuses and "business trips." Lack of honesty.

Advice to Management

The company needs to have a clean start and that is done by having a thourough examination of all department heads. It is unfortunate to see a long-term, highly competent employee being underappreciated. However, it is common to see family members promote each other and create further despair amongst employees. A better culture needs to be created for employees. In order for this to begin, work/life balance... needs to be at the forefront.

CDK Global2019-11-16

"Good role to learn"

Current Employee - Account Advocate

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work life balance is good, fun role as well.

Cons

Underpaid a little, but not too bad.

CDK Global2019-09-29

"Not the best"

Current Employee - Digital Advertising Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work life balance, work from home 2-3 days a week, awesome co-workers

Cons

Terrible upper management, benefits are terrible, low paying, teams are always understaffed, people love to point fingers instead of solving the problem

CDK Global2019-07-01

"Not nearly enough progress"

I worked at CDK Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work / life balance, engineers are dedicated, smart, and always willing to lend a hand.

Cons

Low morale is pervasive throughout the company. A new CEO is certainly promising, but change so far is not noticable in morale or company culture. It is incredibly difficult to backfill reqs, which just adds more work and stress to those left behind. In this era of low unemployment, it's hard to find and retain top talent.

CDK Global2019-05-26

"Same Stuff, Different CEO, Different Day"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

work life balance in some roles is decent. It's a stable paycheck.

Cons

Where to start... Morale is still below zero, and really nobody cares. HR does jokes of activities to make you feel rah rah, but at the end of the day, it's all just an excuse to do nothing for a few more hours while collecting a paycheck. Management just doesn't care, and ignores everything around them. New initiatives are lip service and done by a few people, but yet get nowhere fast. HR will go on the... record and say that they're happy if we're considered a below average employer.

Advice to Management

Be the positive force in moving forward. This company will die without motivation and true morale changes.

CDK Global2019-06-18

"Still a Good Place to Work, But Has Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

*Good people who are committed to their customer's success *Work/Life balance with remote opportunities depending on the job *Located next to train station and over link light rail/bus station

Cons

*Pay isn't competitive in Seattle for an IT company *Lacks sufficient training for staff to keep sharp *Health benefits not competitive

Advice to Management

Another new CEO says he reads reviews. So...I’m not trying to stir the pot, but CDK Digital Marketing can be better. Good employees have come and gone. Many more bad employees have left, but there is a core group of loyal employees that stay because they’re committed to the original Cobalt vision that the founder set, which is that the cost of marketing has skyrocketed due to large players and we can bring business... continuity to our small business owners in the automotive space through effective digital marketing, and still make a fair profit that sustains our employees and allows for growth alongside the growth of our customers. We’re invested in the long-term success of our customer’s family car dealership business. This vision is lost every time the company tries to appeal to its shareholders instead of their employees and customers. My hope is that this company finds this again through listening to their tenured employees and long-held customers because the automotive industry needs at least one solid rock in digital marketing.

CDK Global2019-01-18

"Could be worse"

I have been working at CDK Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Work / life balance -Strategize and help another business succeed -Digital Marketing can be fun -My direct manager seems to care -Ability to speak up and try new things -Co-Workers

Cons

-Lack of direction from management -Feeling like I don't matter to Senior leadership -Yearly bonus was a joke, with inflation I am making less than I did last year theoretically -So cheap they won't even plan a proper holiday party -Culture where management expects you to not hold clients accountable and then when things go wrong you are always to blame

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees, make them feel valued. Pay top dollar to get top talent. Stop trying to be a company that can do it all. Focus on business orgs that do things well and nurture those businesses.

CDK Global2018-12-28