CDM Media Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
CDM Media CEO Glenn Willis
Glenn Willis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people in a highly collaborative environment (in 9 reviews)

• Good people all around in each of the different departments, helping each other succeed (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • 95% of the problems in this company comes from NY Upper Management (in 6 reviews)

• They do not care about the employees, they give and then take away, dangle the carrot around commissions, bonuses, even vacation time (in 3 reviews)

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDM Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people! There are very few people here that I don't enjoy working with - everyone gets along really well. CDM Media also offers great learning experiences no matter what department you are in with fantastic team leaders and managers.

Cons

After reading previous reviews, I understand how people don't like the structured day with scheduled breaks. Sure, the structured day can feel a little overbearing at times, but at the end of it all, it is still a normal workday and doesn't feel much different than previous jobs I've been. If anything, the designated breaks allow you to actually relax and kick your feet up. during the work day without feeling guilty.

Oct 10, 2017 – CDM Media

Thanks for posting your review. We're really pleased that you're enjoying your role, the company and above all the PEOPLE that you work with!

"Confused by old reviews"

I have been working at CDM Media full-time

Pros

I don't understand the old reviews, I've been working at CDM Media for several months now and it has offered an encouraging and competative environment that makes fantastic sales people. The office is great and the people are even better. Looking forward to seeing what the company accomplishes in the next few years.

Cons

None that I can think of

Oct 10, 2017 – CDM Media

Thanks for your support. Your success and CDM Media's success is not dependent on these reviews BUT for any person looking to join our great team, it speak's volumes that you would come on here to... More

"Changing B2B Commerce"

I have been working at CDM Media full-time

Pros

First, the product solves the flaws in the Enterprise Sales Process, shortening the lengthy sales cycles that sales people face every day. Second, regardless of your role within CDM, you learn how to engage with, sell to and learn from C Level executives of Fortune 1000 companies. Third, the culture is intense and those that appreciate intensity form lifelong bonds.

Cons

Not really a con, but some people don't appreciate the intensity and drive for greatness.

Oct 10, 2017 – CDM Media

Your right, our company does have a certain intensity about us as we drive towards our goals. However, we need to be mindful that we can accommodate and support all ambitious team members on this... More

4. "Executive Assistant"

Pros

none, it really sucked the whole time

Cons

everything, everything sucked, the people, ceo, management

Aug 31, 2017

Unfortunately, to date we've never had an Executive Assistant employed at the company. So if this is a trolling message, we ask you to please leave our page to be commented on by real CDM Media team... More

"Brief..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDM Media full-time

Pros

Lots of perks commonplace in hip" offices looking to draw in millennials. Control over your activity. Loose metrics, results are favored over number of dials, although they will harp to hit the phones at times. (It's just the nature of the beast) As far as this industry is concerned they seem to do well in a niche space. This is definitely a boiler room type company.

Cons

Archaic daily structure. Feels like a kindergarten classroom. Training left much to be desired. I would be weary if you are a fresh grad or have little sales experience. There are two basic functions that constitute this company (business development and relationship managers) and you need solid sales experience for both as you are just cold calling people all day. Pitch is very wordy and it seemed like top performers said very different things and also relied on their network - which you will not have help setting up once you join. I think they could utilize a much better training program as I often stayed late trying to learn the business and better my sales skills. Seemed like the model here is to find natural performers and just churn and burn the rest. This is fine for a company solely focused on $ but it can't come to a surprise as to why this mentality has led to poor company reviews. If you are entry level I don't think this is a good place to start your career. The better performers came from prior sales gigs at larger companies with longer sales training. There is also little to no transparency about your performance till you are being let go.

Advice to Management

Some of your are very approachable and seem invested in not only getting to know new employees but also mentor them. Others seem arrogant and distant, if you don't want to invest in a new hire, why did you sign off on hiring them in the first place. Invest in better training if your want to hire fresh grads. No class is going to adequately prepare someone for real life rebuttals on the phone.

Jul 13, 2017 – CDM Media

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. You’ve provided a lot of thoughts and we won’t be taken them lightly. First, quickly- it is much appreciated that you recognized our... More

"These Poor Reviews Are Untrue and most are OLD and IRRELEVANT"

Current Employee - Director of Inside Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Inside Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at CDM Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are using some of the best technologies available including SalesForce, prospecting tools and email automation software. CDM will give you an opportunity to grow professionally and personally through 1 to 1 coaching, team trainings and cross-departmental information sharing. They will outline a plan for career progression and internal growth from day one (actually from the first interview.)

Cons

I didn't find them sooner.

Advice to Management

Continue to create the same kind of culture that Glenn (CEO) has built in Chicago. Keep doing what you're doing and success is inevitable.

Oct 10, 2017 – CDM Media

We showed this to our CEO, his response;I started the business over ten years ago and as any traditional start-up, we had our fair share of challenges. Ten years on we stand as a large team... More

"Everything you need to know about CDM"

I have been working at CDM Media full-time

Pros

There is much positive that I can say about my experiences here except that you get two weeks off during Christmas break

Cons

Pretty much everything about this company is bad. If you want to find out jsut look up cdm rip off and read

Jul 13, 2017 – CDM Media

Thank you for posting your thoughts, although it’s difficult for us to respond without much qualitative feedback. We would encourage you as a ‘current employee’ to step forward and have a... More

"The Real CDM Media"

Pros

As a current employee I cant find a single thing....although if you are looking for a life of crime they will teach you how to scam people! Also, you will learn what a horrible company is like to not work for one again in the future

Cons

This company is horrible...if you wan to find out the truth google "cdm media ripoff report" and it will tell you everything you need to know.

Advice to Management

stop trying to cheat all your employees

Jul 13, 2017 – CDM Media

If this is an employee of ours, please see your direct line manager so we can arrange an amicable parting of ways as you’re clearly not happy which must be a big negative for you and your colleagues... More

"Business Development Manager at CDM Media-Chicago IL"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDM Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at CDM Media for 8 months. The only reason I left was because I moved home for personal reasons.

The people who work here are truly awesome. You all take breaks and eat lunch at the same time so you get to spend a lot of time with these people. Each person who works there brings something unique to the company. Truly met some of the most interesting and engaging people during my time there.

The Management- I had the pleasure of working under one of the best Directors I have ever worked with. He always puts his team ahead of himself, and is always willing to help anyone at anytime. If you work under Ryland at CDM, your chances of success are increased exponentially as he is a great teacher.

Glenn Willis- CEO- It's rewarding to work for a CEO who cares for and wants to see his employees succeed on both a personal and professional platform. We also have random outings about once a month as a team where we will get off early on a Friday to go do fun activities.

Two week break over Christmas. Super awesome for the employees who have out of town families.

I would recommend this job to anyone who is outgoing, positive, energetic and a determined worker. Working at CDM Media made my Chicago experience that much better. I am grateful for everything this company has taught me and the people I have met.

Cons

I feel like most people who have written these reviews have not had jobs in the "REAL" world, or don't know what a full-time job is, so please don't let those fool you. I have never worked at another events company, but what I hear from most who came from our competitors, CDM is way better than most.

This job is not for the light hearted or lazy. Like any sales position, this job is a lot of work, and you get out of it what you put into it. If you come to work everyday ready to learn and work hard, you will be rewarded. If you do not, this job is not for you.

** Would like if the company would pay commissions when the vendor pays. Don't wait until the Event happens.

Oct 10, 2017 – CDM Media

Thank you for sharing such a thorough review of your time @ CDM Media, we truly appreciate it. You have summed up perfectly, the traits that we generally see in employees who are very successful at... More

"Left to travel the world but I would return"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in New York, NY

I worked at CDM Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined after having done some face to face selling in the B2C world. The comparison of the daily routine vs what I was doing was very surprising and much better with CDM. I was giving a full week training by one of the managers from Chicago then joined the RM team. We worked on a long table in a nice open environment which was helpful as I was able to ask lots of Qs to manager and others on the team. The job itself was easy enough if you were willing to stay some extra hours. For me I had to stay an extra 3-4 hours a week and often a few of us would go have a drink at the bar afterwards which the office director would pay for. I found success a little hard to come by as I was stubborn to the sales process having sold previously but was averaging 3-4 attendees booked to attend the events with a higher than usual retention rate which helped me earn some nice commission checks. I also saw quick career advancement and was promoted to run and train a small team before I left. I personally left as I wanted to travel but would consider returning if I come back to NYC.

Cons

The mandatory break times werent great and the elevators in the office were slow. Sometimes you would lose delegates that you booked to last minute drop outs on there side but most of the time we could ask them to do another event. It just sucked if they chose an event 6 months away as you wouldn't get paid until that event happened.

Advice to Management

To be honest a good analytical and training manager would help. I would find it hard towards the end of my 2 years to get information. I don't think this was as much as I couldn't access it but my boss was travelling and the only other sales manager didn't know much at all.

Oct 10, 2017 – CDM Media

Whilst we never want to lose a great employee, we are always in support of travel and our staff pursuing amazing, life changing experiences. Congratulations and we hope you had a great time... More