CDS, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
  1. "Engineer"

Technical

I have been working at CDS, Inc. for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Company to work .

Cons

None to say about cons.

CDS, Inc.2017-02-17
  2. "Product Salesman to Costco members is what I really am. (Cook food, serve food, sell food)"

Current Employee - Product Sales Person IS What I Really Am!

I have been working at CDS, Inc. part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is nice to work a 6.5 hour day. The Club Members at Costco are often pleasant.

Cons

The Manager and Supervisors and Assistants. They are Not professional, stir gossip, play favorites, disrespectful and bully. No benefits. No Christmas Party anymore. No "fair" bonus system (see notes below.) Moody and mean management. You can't work more than 3 or 4 shifts a week because CDS does not want to have to pay for any beneifts. They say you can join their 401K program IF you work 1000 hours in a year.... Problem is (and they know it) NO One gets 1000 hours a year except management and maybe 1 or 2 of her favorites. No Raises no matter how many years you work there. They only pay $11.50 an hour because Costco requires it. But you can't make anymore and you can only work 6 hours a day.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who call in the "anonymous" reporting line. By making them leave their name and phone number to return a call and then giving it to the Regional Manager to handle is not allowing us to keep it 'anonymous.' The management in the stores are extremely moody and very disrespectful to their fellow employees. They yell and manage by fear and intimidation. They also play favorites and give... certain employees consistently the higher paying jobs like the road shows. It would be nice if the President would do 'unannounced' visits and ask employees questions and then listen. The sales would be a heck of a lot better if there was a positive environment. It seems the more that an employee is in need of the job the meaner the management team is to them. I am fortunate that they like me but I hate seeing how they discriminate and bully many of the others. They are very beaten down and say that calling the 'anonymous' line to complain does no good. They fear for less hours on the schedule. Also the way certain people get the better selling products or the ones on coupon seems unfair as well. Would suggest Corporate look at the payroll of the employees and See who gets the higher pay and more bonus points money each month. Stop turning a blind eye to the problems. And look at how many sick days the supervisor and assistants take in a month! They all cover for each other. We are tired of hearing how they have to cut expenses every which way while they keep buying out other companies to grow globally. And they are not even a public traded company so all the money goes in the owners pockets instead of treating the very people who represent the company and make the sales that keep the Food Companies coming back. When the economy gets better you will loose a lot of your good people if you keep this up.

CDS, Inc.2014-12-14