CDS Office Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at CDS Office Technologies full-time

Pros

Family owned, and family atmosphere. Owners door is always open, and they are always willing and open to employee suggestions. Team mentality, and the cohesiveness is passed on to the customer

Cons

Reviews of this company. I have been at CDS for 5+ years, and of course some things don't go the way you want them, but CDS has the ability to work though almost any situation with an employee

Advice to Management

none, Keep up the good work!

2. "Account Executive"

I have been working at CDS Office Technologies full-time

Pros

Commisions are paid at a good rate

Cons

No direction when you get started and resources are little to none to start your product training. They pretty much want you to just go prospect for meetings without knowing what you need to know to ask the right questions to gain the meeting and truly engage the customer.

3. "CDS Office Technologies"

I have been working at CDS Office Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CDS is a great company to work for. They have provided me many opportunities to learn and grow as en engineer.

Cons

They keep me real busy, which is a great problem to have.

4. "Freedom to Succeed or Fail"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at CDS Office Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ownership and sales management staff is laid back and does not micro-manage. They give the sales team freedom to prospect and call in to different territories where you have business contacts. The sales quotas are not unreasonable and the perks of a vehicle/gas card is a life saver.

Cons

Little to no leads
    and leasing rates could be more competitive but I have seen worse.

5. "Sales"

Former Employee - National Accounts Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - National Accounts Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at CDS Office Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

good benefits package
    good work life balance

Cons

No support and poor comp package

Advice to Management

Pay more and value employees

6. "Owners were nice to work for - supervisors under them, not so much."

Pros

Free Wifi, Hour lunch, don't clock in or out, President and CEO are easy to approach and understanding

Cons

Salesmen are almost impossible to please, supervisors go on power trips

7. "One of the best opportunities, if you are entrepreneurial."

I have been working at CDS Office Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Atmosphere. If you are willing to put the effort and time in, you can succeed. If you are not prepared to work hard especially for the first three years this is not the place for you. Just like all businesses which focus on sales and service in the IT vertical, the responsibility lies on the person to make the best of the opportunity.

CDS provides you with the resources to succeed in many areas, putting those to good use is the challenge.

Cons

It can test anyone's work ethic. Most people who fail, blame the entity not themselves. Training may be a concern, but once again you must take that responsibility on yourself and seek out your particular niche. CDS will not confine you to a sole product or line, but to there entire portfolio which is on par with any VAR. The employee needs to dive in and not count on hand holding.

Advice to Management

Realize who are the ones working the hardest for you and reward them. Trust those who are successful.

8. "Years of my life I will never get back..."

I worked at CDS Office Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Better than being unemployed. Well, some people might argue that... Got a good feel for what I DIDN'T want in my next employer.

Cons

VERY high employee turnover, low morale. Referred people AWAY from working there even when I worked there. Agree with disorganization at the highest levels as well as a combative culture where it tries to build distrust between employees and making employees suspicious of the person in the cubicle next to them instead of trying to foster team atmosphere. Constantly changing job functions, pay structures. Try to sell everything to everyone while providing training on little to nothing except the people who don't need / use it. Very "Good ol' boy" company bordering on hostile to minorities and definitely a 'glass ceiling' for females.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who cares about employees and customers. It should no longer be a family business. Very bad reputation in headquarters town. Sad for what the company could have been if it didn't run off so many talented people at all levels / positions over the years.

9. "Potential is definitely there but there's a lot of work that needs to be done"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at CDS Office Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company car along with gas card and park garage credit card.

Cons

Little structure and sometimes frighteningly disorganized. They keep saying they want to bring in the right people to help the company grow but they do nothing to make them want to stay. Outdated technology for technicians (old, slow and heavily used laptops, flip phone.... Go figure for a technology company)

Advice to Management

Hire qualified people and spend the money needed on training. Don't throw the weight of an entire branch on one manager. Provide reviews monthly and annually.

10. "At the time 1998 their focus was on copiers. They hired me to perform PC support but they could not develop the market"

Former Employee - Consultant in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Champaign, IL

I worked at CDS Office Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sandy was a great office manager. Friendly!

Cons

The Sales Manager and their senior tech at the time made the work environment impossible

Advice to Management

CHANGE!!!!