Cover image for CDW

Found 3,181 of over 3K reviews

4.1
CDW CEO Christine Leahy
Christine Leahy

What people are saying about CDW

Join the conversation on

Tech

469.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=CDW~2347
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There is a great culture in each individual branch as well as across the nation as one unified company.(in 243 reviews)
  • "CDW offers great benefits and a company you can be proud to say you work for.(in 208 reviews)
  • "The best thing about CDW is we have some really great people who really care about our customers and our company.(in 206 reviews)
  • "There was a lot of great training on the different technologies and products on an ongoing basis.(in 138 reviews)
  • "There is also a great work life balance as long as you prove that you are a high performer.(in 137 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low and 'raises' are less than 3% yet your review will always say how great of a worker you are.(in 144 reviews)
  • "Salaries are low and don't seem to be adjusted for higher cost of living areas.(in 138 reviews)
  • "Poor management and insane expectations(in 113 reviews)
  • "the problem is the managers have been thre too long so don't know what the real world is like any more.(in 73 reviews)
  • "disgustingly low base salary 30k when you start and then goes to 25k when you get 'promoted'(in 67 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CDW and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Impressive Culture and Training Opportunities

Oct 6, 2022 - Technology Advisor in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is very respectful and professional - and not by accident. There are significant opportunities to learn, grow and develop. Promotion from within extremely common and encouraged. Many coworkers have been at CDW for 10+ years or more. They encourage community involvement and are open to feed back. I have been very impressed so far.

Cons

Finding the right resource can be a challenge due to the size of the company, but this is a good problem to have as there are a lot of resources. Everyone has been helpful pointing me in the right direction.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Making technology work so people can do great things!

Dec 5, 2022 - Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

CDW is a great place to work because of our coworkers. We don't just talk about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - we practice it every day. Serving our customers is a passion for all coworkers.

Cons

It's a large global organization that can seem overwhelming.

3. Join the CDW team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Employee in Two Decades

Dec 4, 2022 - Professional Services Administrator in Lincolnshire, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid team dynamic- our belief is supporting every member of our department. Everyone should be equal to or better than the other in order to guarantee success and positive morale. The executive team respects us as important specialized members of their team, as well as, having the best boss I’ve worked under in my 23 years of working. I learn something new everyday that provides security in my role. Plus, your team will assist no questions asks so if you run across an issue once they ensure you understand enough that you can be confident in tackling the situation head first in the future. No one steps on each other’s toes for credit or throws anyone under the bus. It is the most positive and healthy work environment I’ve been lucky enough to experience.

Cons

Lack of communication via remote working, but once those issues have been addressed I don’t believe there will be an issue. A couple of bad seeds who are extremely knowledgeable are overlooked for their bad behavior, but as always, the team has a plan for getting those bad seeds to work together as a work family or not at all.

5. 5.0

Supporting Clients to the Fullest

Dec 5, 2022 - Enterprise Architect in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined the company because of what I encountered on the client side of the house, full commitment towards the customer. I had joined Sirius (now CDW) for this very reason. Everyone I work with on the Sirius/CDW team are professionals and top of their game and client focused. It is also worth mentioning that with the company of this size, personal growth potential is unlimited. Anything I want to work on is freely available to learn and contribute towards. I really enjoy this aspect! Advice: To be successful here, you must be self-led. I can't highlight this enough. Not everyone is and that is ok, everyone operates differently. You must be self-resilient, if so, you will fit in great here.

Cons

For me, it is an utopia of sorts compared to the company I came from.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Positive Work Experience

Dec 1, 2022 - Project Manager in Vernon Hills, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, positive, and collaborative culture Great benefits Opportunities to continue learning and moving up Work/life balance is achievable with the right managers

Cons

Sometimes moving up involves moving to another area with opportunities Some improvements could be made for work/life balance depending on manager

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I have ever worked for

Dec 5, 2022 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company truly cares about its employees.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

8. 5.0

Associate Program is Good

Oct 12, 2022 - Associate Consulting Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

You're basically being paid to further your education and get certifications. The starting pay isn't bad and you can get raises along the way. There's a good culture and I like the management. As you progress through the program, you'll get more and more involved in projects and doing work, but you are, after all, being paid.

Cons

It can be difficult to keep up with the program and get certifications in time, but most people seem fine. Being an IT consultant is a difficult job. After progressing through the associate program, 3% yearly raises don't sound very good. Work life balance is can be a little difficult, but not too bad.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Work Environment

Nov 29, 2022 - Account Manager Sales Assistant in Shelton, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work in. Good Benefits and flexible schedule. CDW develops their employees for future success. Great work life balance.

Cons

Base Salary for new Account Managers

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Working at CDW

Nov 25, 2022 - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and company culture. Lots of free meals, gifts, and events from partners. Great job for someone just out of college looking to get into sales and make friends. Young company and work hard play hard culture.

Cons

No checks and balances with management, over saturated territories and really just a grind. Pretty much a waiting game to inherit accounts from people who leave or retire.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good experience

Dec 1, 2022 - Account Representative in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company. Lots of good trainings and opportunities to grow long term.

Cons

Low salary for first years

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,181 Reviews
</>Embed

CDW Reviews FAQs

CDW has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 3,465 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at CDW to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CDW employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CDW. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

81% of CDW employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CDW 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CDW to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with CDW Job Seekers