CEB Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 25, 2017
1,109 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,109 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • work life balance, great coworkers (in 132 reviews)

• By helping c-level executives, you can have a big impact on the world's best companies - very rewarding (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation may be slightly low compared to industry standards but work-life balance is much higher compared to industry standards (in 65 reviews)

• Sometimes sclerotic senior management processes (in 44 reviews)

1. "TA"

I have been working at CEB full-time

Pros

company culture and growth potential

Cons

overall internal process due to growth and business evolution

2. "CEB at a glance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at CEB full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Vision and Dental plans, HRA accounts, 25 days PTO plus standard Holidays. Matching 401K. 4 figure yearly bonus. Can work from Home via VPN etc. Casual Dress code where possible (jeans and sneakers for us IT types).

Cons

No downside really. As a programmer, regulations from governments have really caused us to have our hands tied as IT departments must really lock down what you may do at the software and database level on you computer.

Advice to Management

As an expanding company with many newly acquired companies, CEB must realize that what works for headquarters, does not always translate to the needs of the add-on companies.

"Probably a better "first" job"

Former Employee - Advisory Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Advisory Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at CEB full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEB is a great job for someone fresh out of college. It's a relatively young environment in some departments. You'll be surrounded by some incredibly smart people on the research teams. They offer great benefits -- medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock plan, and have a generous PTO policy. They also seem relatively lenient on working remotely as needed. In the role that I was in, I was able to interact daily with CXOs, which in turn has really boosted my speaking skills and confidence levels. The hours were great -- I generally worked from 9-5:30, was able to unplug while out of the office, and had minimal travel. That's just for my role, however.

Cons

It's a very fake culture. Everyone here is the same, and often I felt like an outsider. That being said, I don't think I was a great fit for the company anyway, given that I came over through an acquisition. The pay is very low compared to other consulting firms. Everyone here is expected to be commercial even if you're not in a commercial role. It's very frustrating. Your success really depends on your manager. I was very lucky to have a fantastic manager who supported my goals and career growth, however that's not always the case. It seems difficult to be promoted, and the promotion process was strange -- others on the team had to be consulted even though the individual may not be exposed to those team members. Outside of my direct manager, there wasn't any other real recognition for stellar work. It was very hierarchical, and I never truly understood the phrase "workplace politics" until I worked at CEB. It's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

You're in the business of re-packaging best practices. Perhaps you should actually implement some of your own research.

5. "Marketing Analyst"

I have been working at CEB full-time

Pros

Great culture with fun people and fun activities. 19 vacation days (24 after two years) and 10 holidays. Most of the company is very smart and have some great experience. Remote opportunities available.

Cons

The pay is on the low side. Marketing team is not valued by the entire company. Hard to get things done sometimes because of how corporate it is.

"Major departures, lack of transparency in midst of change, avoid at all costs!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEB has really nice people, the culture is strong.
    Lots of people who put in good hours to make the company succeed.

Cons

Upper management cannot be trusted especially during the recent acquisition by Gartner. To start, I am not an unhappy employee but this post is to educate people who are considering on coming to CEB (ahem Gartner soon). No one is feeling safe, the phony transparency layer is not good. Layoffs have already started happening in pockets of the organization. People do not trust the company heads or leaders anymore since they are all trying to keep their jobs.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. Be truthful, you are losing the trust of your employees and people are already planning on bailing.

7. "fast paced"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at CEB (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place if you like fast paced information overload and big companies

Cons

recently acquired, might be a lot of changes coming

8. "Great place to work"

Pros

Have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Cons

Needs to be operationally tighter in terms of execution.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable who don't deliver results.

"Poor organization and miscommunication"

Former Employee - Account Management Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Management Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at CEB full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training program, good healthcare and employee benefits, very social and engaging corporate culture in the office for off-hours (community vibe).

Cons

Constant restructuring of various departments and shifting teams; responsibilities change quarterly and not very easy to pass through the training program as a result. Time to complete the entire training program can take between 3-4 years, when they claim 1-2. Long hours and over-reaching sales objectives in the account management division, causing a huge drain on performance and morale.

Advice to Management

Organize yourselves better and implement a more rational training program.

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, laid back work environment, fun culture, good pay, smart people and your rewarded for hard work.

Cons

Can be challenging at times to work with such smart people but it's also a pro because it pushes you to be better as well.

11. "big fan"

Pros

work life balance, great coworkers

Cons

not so great of pay

Showing 1,109 of 1,142 reviews