CER Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
CER Financial Managing Director Paul Mersh
Paul Mersh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great company too work for!"

Current Employee - Compliance Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Compliance Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CER Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A vibrant, exciting company too work for, you are always treated with respect and put first.

With regular training sessions you're always learning and bettering your current skills.

Cons

Things change pretty quickly, so you have to move quickly to keep up, but the upside is that you never get bored!

2. "Outstanding company, from the inside and out!"

Current Employee - Senior Administrator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CER Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff at cer Financial listen to your desires and doesn't sell you for anything less.

The office has a fun and lively vibe to it, never a dull day!

They make sure to give you feedback on interviews unlike some other agencies who decide to ignore you once you are no use to them, and give you in depth feedback to make sure you do better next time.

All of cer Financial are friendly and helpful, whether its over the phone or in person when they greet you at the door!

I would without doubt recommend the cer team to anyone who is seeking real professional help in gaining their next role.

The managing director is a smart and fair leader, who is a pleasure to work alongside with.

Cons

I can't name anything to fault here. The company as a whole is a great thing to be a part of.

Advice to Management

I have no advice at all, everything is how it should be. It does not feel like work, its a social environment where no work is too hard.

3. "Fantastic company!"

Current Employee - Senior Administrator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CER Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional and supportive company with a desire to grow/develop talent and training with all employees.

cer Financial offer lots of opportunities to grow and develop within the business and have always felt that cer Financial are keen to invest in me and see me progress.

Every day i am provided with the opportunity to thrive and excel in what i love doing. cer Financial really understands how to look after its employees and offer them the development and opportunities most individuals seek within a company.

cer Financial provide in-depth training from day one and offers a phenomenal database with thousands of exclusive candidates actively seeking work.

Friendly working environment with a strong team of personalities that offer support and guidance on a daily basis.

Cons

No cons spring to mind.

Advice to Management

N.A

4. "Never hear from them."

Pros

There are none, if you want a job best you find another agency that actually returns your phone calls. Everytime you call them, doesn't matter who you ask for, the receptionist informs you, their either on the phone, or out the office! No point leaving a message, it's never returned!.

Cons

There are none. They've been no use at all. ......

Advice to Management

Have the decency to return phone calls.

5. "Training and Devleopment is second to none"

Current Employee - Credit Analysis Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CER Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have recently joined cer Financial coming straight out of university and I could not have made a better decision. Paul has exceeded my expectations in regards to training, development, nurturing myself through the initial process and assisting me in understanding the fundamentals of recruitment. Paul is an incredibly vibrant character who can train individuals like myself to step out of their comfort zones and flourish. He is an absolute pleasure to work with!

Cons

Candidates are sometimes hard to get hold of so after hours calling is sometime needed if you want to succeed.

6. "A fun place to work but only if you like sales!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

If you are unfamiliar with the financial industry cer Financial provides a lot of training opportunities to become more familiar with the industry. We were offered regular training and incentives for meeting targets and working hard. The staff are knowledgeable and have a lot of experience. The social side of the job is excellent with many company outings. The chance for progression is based on how hard you work and what you achieve but if you do these things well it is very easy to progress. Overall, it was a fun place to work and a great experience for my resume.

Cons

There is a lot of cold calling. Essentially, that is what recruitment is. You are expected to always be on the phone looking for new leads and this can sometimes be a bit of a drag and make work boring. Unless you are committed to a career in sales i would not recommend doing this job. cer Financial itself is not different to other recruiters in this respect but above positive elements make it more bearable. A lot of your salary is commission based and as you progress the base salary does not get that high, just you percentage of your commission changes.

Advice to Management

None.