CETCO Oilfield Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael R. Johnson

1. "Little room to grow"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at CETCO Oilfield Services (Less than a year)

Pros

The majority of the company was very close knit and friendly. Corporate atmosphere with family-like attitudes towards one another. Most of the employees had a company tenure of 10-15 years minimum. Was able to build close relationships and learn a lot from the employees.

Cons

When the company was purchased, many people loss their jobs and it resulted in a sink or swim work atmosphere. Was not able to build a relationship with many employees because of what was going on with the company buyout.

2. "Research & Development"

Former Employee - Laboratory/Field Technician in Broussard, LA
    Former Employee - Laboratory/Field Technician in Broussard, LA

I worked at CETCO Oilfield Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment. Diverse employees that provide excellent support and assistance. Enjoyed working with different departments on and off shore. Excellent support internationally.

Cons

Work hours were excessive at times but only due to the jobs that needed to be completed within a certain time frame.

Advice to Management

No advice needed. These guys do a great job and give employees ample opportunities to move up.

3. "Quality & Customer Service Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Pros

They help you to be a part of the team

Cons

When MTI brought Cetco the company went down hill.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. "Maintenance Manager"

Former Employee - Operations &Amp; Business Development Manager in Broussard, LA

I worked at CETCO Oilfield Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

No pro to this company

Cons

Corp buy out destoried this company

6. "Was a great company. New owners and the market killed it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

I worked at CETCO Oilfield Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard working employees that are dedicated to their jobs.

Cons

New Parent Company. Management lacks the experience to operate a successful oilfield company in today's market conditions. The markets really control the business at this moment

7. "driver rolloff trailers"

Former Employee - Driver in Port Lavaca, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Port Lavaca, TX

Pros

Good company with good benefits.

Cons

Being on call especially getting called right back out when you just get to yard.

"Well Test Specialist"

Pros

Safety record, large company with many international locations

Cons

New Parent company MTI making too many cut backs - less benifits, less emphasis on safety, cutting salaries

"Thought I was part of a team safety culture,safety was actually lip service"

Former Employee - EHS Supervisor in Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - EHS Supervisor in Lafayette, LA

I worked at CETCO Oilfield Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company truck,decent compensation,amicable ancillary staff,work life balance ok

Cons

too many "good ol boy" employees that refuse to accept any safety culture,make money,dont get hurt. couldnt seem to pay the expense reports in entirety or on time,left me holding the bag on a company credit card in my name after laying me off during "reorganization"

Advice to Management

You reap what you sew, get rid of the repeater screwups,not everybody needs a company vehicle to tear up

10. "Company that offers competitive salaries and great benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

I have been working at CETCO Oilfield Services full-time

Pros

Company pays top wages for the Louisiana area. They base their salaries on a national wide survey of titles. This company offers great benefits.

Cons

I've been employed with this company for a long time. This company has grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years. The company was like a small company with great benefits when I first started. Everyone doing their jobs and everyone getting along. However, with the rapid growth of the company, hiring of new management because of the growth, politics has played a big role now in the company. It is not all about your experience, knowledge and what you have to bring to the company but it is whether or not the manager likes you or not. It is happening across the whole organization and it is a shame to see this happen.

Advice to Management

Managers should be looking to make sure that there is no discrimination going on with these supervisors against some employees and favoritism towards others. A job should be based on skill set, experience and knowledge of the job and not whether or not the supervisor likes the employee or not. When a supervisor is doing this, then this supervisor is being very unprofessional. A supervisor that is demonstrating this behavior should either be trained on professionalism or should be removed from that position. This reputation is not good for the company, it's employee moral and the quality of people who will be working for the company in the future. This environment has already allowed questionable personnel to be hired by this company.

11. "I was a Safety Supervisor at Cetco."

Former Employee - Safety Supervisor in Driscoll, TX
    Former Employee - Safety Supervisor in Driscoll, TX

I worked at CETCO Oilfield Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a good working atmosphere, employees knew the safety aspect of job and followed all safety rules and procedures.

Cons

To much cover-up, got laid off

Advice to Management

I have the passion for safety, I believe that I can help bring up the safety culture with my experience from working in the field first hand and also working in HSE. I see things on my prospective from both sides of the workforce.