CG Commercial Finance Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

Found 18 reviews

3.5
Scott McCullum,
  1. "CG Commercial Finance"

I worked at CG Commercial Finance full-time

Pros

CG Commercial Finance offers great opportunity for growth and above average compensation. The Senior Management team is extremely talented and open to employee feedback. The culture is supportive and employees are happy.

Cons

Expectations are high and hard driving.

CG Commercial Finance2017-11-17
  2. "Vice President"

I worked at CG Commercial Finance full-time

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for growth in their sector

Cons

Need to embrace a long term growth strategy

Advice to Management

Be bold.

CG Commercial Finance2017-10-30
  3. "Love working here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CG Commercial Finance

Pros

Nice office location, Professional work environment, room for growth, pay is good, open door policy and friendly management

Cons

No downsides at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Great camaraderie, high pay and positive office environment make this a great company!

CG Commercial Finance2016-08-03

"Professional yet personable with room for growth"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CG Commercial Finance full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for growth in both promotion and skills acquired. The management is stable and many have been here for 7+ years. They are open to new ideas and very supportive/encouraging. The offices are conveniently located and have fantastic views. The president is very funny and has a great team spirit. The CEO is hands-on and contributes a lot to the success of the company.

Cons

Some days are long but they are flexible with our schedules Benefits are basic and there is no pension

Advice to Management

Please consider a monthly staff meeting to ensure clear communication. Sometimes it's harder than it should be to keep current with on-going developments/deals.

CG Commercial Finance2014-03-19
  5. ""Best Place to Work to Learn the True Art of Negotiating and Financing""

Current Employee - Vice President in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CG Commercial Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great open door policy. Upper Management wants you to succeed and enjoys teaching the finer points of lease financing. If you enjoy learning the art of negotiating where everyone wins, this is the place to work.

Cons

I do not have any negative things to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in teaching and showing how lease financing can benefit everyone involved.

CG Commercial Finance2013-11-18
  6. "Great Company To Work For !!!"

Current Employee - Controller in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CG Commercial Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people who work here are incredible. They are talented, friendly, work collaboratively and extremely supportive. This is the best company that I've worked for in years. Pay and benefits exceed expectations and there is excellent opportunity for growth and devlopment.

Cons

I have only been here for a few months but everything has delivered as promised so far.

Advice to Management

I am totally satisfied here so far.... I hope we continue moving in the same direction.

CG Commercial Finance2013-01-15
  7. "Been here Five Years and Love It!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CG Commercial Finance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Open minded, compensation potential, a stair stepped commission plan that pays you more as you sell more. Strong management team, very positive atmosphere. Very interesting transactions. Well known clients. Great belief in collaboration and teamwork atmosphere. Great benefits. Headquarted in a Class A office building right next to John Wayne Airport. Clear path to promotion and company expansion.

Cons

It this time I have no complaints

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Always looking at the future.

CG Commercial Finance2013-01-15
  8. "CG Commercial Finance is Like Family To Me"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CG Commercial Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work atmosphere. When I was out of work for two weeks due to surgery CG was very supportive. You control your own destiny with excellent pay for performance. Great senior managment with great support to fund deals. I really love working here.

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

Advice to Management

Please just keep up what you are doing. Thank you for working with tme. If I ever have a question about anything you're always there for me.

CG Commercial Finance2013-01-14
  9. "Great Work Family Environment & Wealth of Finance Experience"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CG Commercial Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company was built organically and essentially family-owned until middle of last year. So a lot of management has been there for years and are close and friendly. The company is really building upon an already strong portfolio to be honest. Lots to work with. Management across the board has decades of experience in the leasing world so its a major plus for someone who really is trying to sink their teeth in the industry....

Cons

-Technology/CRM and system well behind industry peers, like well behind, making hitting goals an enormous challenge -No official training program which may be the reason why there is higher turnover than there should be for an organization this size -No marketing team, again limiting lead generation and making hitting goals a challenge -Growing pains post-acquisition, organizational kinks that need to be worked out....

Advice to Management

-Some automation is necessary in certain place to make hitting goals more realistic -Marketing (sourcing mostly) -To solve the turnover problem, a defined and written 2 week training program should be mandatory for anyone hired to the sales team, regardless of experience. This may require hiring a trainer. CG is different than other industry peers. -Realistic weekly , monthly and annual activity and goals should be...

CG Commercial Finance2017-05-17
  10. "None"

Current Employee - Vice President in

I have been working at CG Commercial Finance

Pros

Fair pay Good systems Professional environment No micro-management Ethical business practices

Cons

Mediocre management Poor funding sources Redundant training

Advice to Management

Identify your target market and get funding sources that are reliable and capable.

CG Commercial Finance2010-11-18