CG International Reviews | Glassdoor

CG International Reviews

2.9
Christoph Grizzard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"I started in the NYC office after a successful interview with the regional director."

Current Employee - Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CG International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was my first job interview after coming to the U.S. Born and raised in Kingston Jamaica studying for a bachelor's degree in field of science, I worked in hospitals, clinics and pharmacies. Occasionally, I did freelancing in event planning, marketing and promotions for several different companies across the island. So I was familiar with the field of marketing before starting.
       So far I've worked on three different campaigns with company. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to travel with the company to Chicago for a test market with a major health care company. This was only after one month of being with the business. Then the opportunity emerged for expansion to Nashville. I inquired about the necessary requirements to be part of the expansion. I was happy after being selected. Currently, my project is working with a major Telecommunications company called Xfinity in the event marketing department. Very positive experience so far. Bonus opportunities every month. Travel opportunities; domestic and international. Several opportunities to work with high achievers from other offices across the U.S. including vice presidents and regional directors.

Cons

There's limited phone usage while working. This was a bit different for me because I constantly needed to use my phone at my previous job.

Advice to Management

I hope the company will expand to Jamaica in the near future.

Dec 23, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for posting your feedback about what it was like to work for us.

We're so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us and are making the most of all our travel and... More

2. "Its a Trap!"

Former Contractor - Corporate Trainer in Nashville, TN
    Former Contractor - Corporate Trainer in Nashville, TN

I worked at CG International as a contractor

Pros

Fun coworkers and work environment.

Cons

They do not pay you.

Advice to Management

Stop lying all the time.

"DO NOT ACCEPT THE OFFER FOR THIS COMPANY"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Nashville, TN

I worked at CG International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE WHATSOEVER. Please stay away from this company as much as you possibly can!

Cons

long hours 10am-9pm? NO!!!, you're selling services people probably do not want, if you are not from the area, it could be dangerous (someone came to their door with a gun) sounds fun right? don't think so, PLUS, you're only getting paid by commissions, no base rate so if you don't get a sale, you don't get paid. it's certainly not guaranteed if you're even going to get a sale that day or that week.

Advice to Management

this is not the way to efficiently run a company

"THIS IS A PYRAMID SCHEME. NO NO NO NO."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at CG International full-time

Pros

ZERO. Unless you like working for evil people who like stealing money from the innocent. This is not a disgruntled worker post-- I'm begging you, don't do it. Yes, 6 figures in a year is too good to be true.

Cons

This is what is referred to as a "pyramid scheme." It is now known as SJ Advertising. Please look up the pyramid model and DO NOT ACCEPT THIS OFFER.

"first job"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CG International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a recent graduate, I learned of this position while I interned at covanta Delaware county. I was a little hesitant start a new industry but after I met everyone I felt right at home. I found the atmosphere energetic and my collogues are quite motivating to be around. In Pennsylvania my project was designing the marketing program in a major company in the energy sector. It was a very demanding job but a great way to get started in the marketing field. I was skeptical about there being travel opportunities, until I applied for a transfer to a new branch in Nashville Tn, and I was exepted. Their are a lot of incentives here on a weekly basis ;vacation packages and sport tickets etc. That keeps the environment lively and the group motivated. My favorite thing about the company is my one-on-one time with the management to cover my day and my goals. The owner has an open door policy. I've never been in a environment where management was so approachable.

Cons

Depending on the project the hours can get pretty long. If you have pick up the kids from school the hours could be challenging.

Advice to Management

Consider some days where the company closes early since we're have days when the company closes late

Dec 23, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for sharing your experiences with CG International so far!

it's great to hear that you are enjoying the environment we've created, it's always been incredibly important to us to build a... More

"My job experience"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer

Pros

The part of the company that stands out the most is the high energy environment of the office and co-workers. When I first started I was quite nervous having never worked in the marketing field. I was quite impressed on how much they worked and trained me properly. The other part of the office that stands out is the collection of so many people from different backgrounds

Cons

One major draw back is the long morning commute everyday to the office. Also the lack of parking in the parking lot.

Advice to Management

Some advice would be to please keep a heavy focus on training, that really helped me when I was training.

Dec 28, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for your review. We work very hard on creating a positive, upbeat and goal oriented work environment so we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed this aspect of your work and making the most... More