CGI Communications Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.0
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz
Pros
  • "The way CGI takes care of its employees really makes all the hard work worth it(in 21 reviews)

• "Solid work environment, good people, competitive(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination(in 15 reviews)

• "Base pay is low and benefits are average(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Room For Growth, Great Managers

Apr 26, 2021 - Social Media Coordinator in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room for growth, Leadership, Experience

Cons

Benefits and Structure and Salary

Director of Personnel

We appreciate your time with CGI and your feedback! We're growing our company and are lucky to have such a dedicated and resilient staff to do so. There have been and will continue to be new and exciting opportunities for our team as our industry keeps shifting and we'll remain competitive within our markets.

2. 4.0

Good Company, Not a great outlook

Apr 7, 2021 - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had decent pay for a sales job with commission in Rochester, the offices are nice, there are some genuinely nice people in senior staff and below.

Cons

Small company that is selling a product people/business owners don't want from small companies anymore. Definitely some politics at play among SOME senior staff. Overall, not alot of advancement opportunity since they are downsizing. Training isn't really good sales training, however if you are a natural seller then maybe. Commission is weak in the beginning, stays week if you are not overachieving. A lot more prospecting than selling compared to other sales positions in other industries. It is hard to sell digital services when AWS and Google sell them and have WAY more capabilities.

Director of Personnel

We appreciate your time with CGI and your contributions to our sales team. We're excited about our future as we have some new product lines coming out while continuing to refine our existing offerings. The future is bright for CGI!!!

3. 4.0

CGI Review

May 4, 2021 - Account Associate in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, learn a lot, able to learn multiple roles within the company.

Cons

was there for only a limited time. Training for the role was very brief.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Learning experience

Mar 9, 2021 - Account Associate in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing learning opportunity, fast paced, great supportive people. They recognize that your time here is often a stepping stone and that working here is great leverage for future opportunities.

Cons

The sales associate position sounds awful, there is high turnaround there. There are a lot of menial tasks mixed in with more important and interesting ones. Not a traditional agency focusing on campaigns- it is ranking focused so there isn't as much creativity as other agencies.

Director of Personnel

One of our goals when hiring is to align your career aspirations with our opportunities. Our employee's current and future success, both personally and professionally means a lot to us, We work hard to motivate and cultivate an environment of success and growth so finding top notch employees is a priority!

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

More negative than positive

Mar 2, 2021 - Account Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you find yourself on a good team/with good managers, you’ll experience success. Additional bonuses and compensation for satisfactory work was always a plus. You’ll grow here, but you’ll do a lot of hard work.

Cons

Leadership from the top down is fairly toxic and at times borders on harassment of individuals, often females. Managers and Directors will tell you one thing, then go and do the opposite. Leadership likes to use fear tactics to get more appointments on the calendars and you’ll experience lots of smiling and dialing. If you’re young and needing a job right out of college, you’ll probably be fine. But if you’re older/trying to grow your career, you’ll find the salary is low, the benefits are expensive/lackluster, work/life balance doesn’t exist, you’ll scrape by all year just to get a week or two off for vacation, and you’ll barely make enough to make ends meet if you have a mortgage or a family.

Director of Personnel

Thank you for the time you gave CGI. We're always looking to update and improve all processes to make sure our team feels appreciated and that they feel fulfilled with their work. CGI some employees who've been here for 20 days, others for 20 years, both of which share the desire to make CGI great each and every day. It's hard work, but we look forward to the daily grind and challenge.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid place to hang your craft and progress.

Feb 12, 2021 - Marketing Associate in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your results and work ethic are very apparent to yourself and management early. It's never a mystery how well you're doing and there are multiple paths to correcting course if you're failing to meet expectations.

Cons

Sometimes growth can be stagnant as the years go by.

Director of Personnel

We appreciate your honest feedback and the time you've given to CGI! We're continuing to create new products while always looking to improve our current ones.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

10/10 Would Recommend

Mar 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

An absolutely amazing place to work! So much opportunity for growth and the people are wonderful.

Cons

Money isn't great to start, but management is very open to negotiate after you've been there for a short while

Director of Personnel

Thank you and we agree that CGI is an amazing place to work! We've won multiple Top Workplace awards, as voted on by our own staff, which we're extremely proud of. Having an approachable and available leadership team is a strong focus of ours!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company if you love sales and self-driven.

Mar 1, 2021 - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to make more money!

Cons

There is a lot of pressure if you are not performing, but tools and resources are given to improve.

Director of Personnel

Our company makes a strong emphasis to work with all employees to improve on weaknesses and reinforce strengths. Having available, approachable, and caring leadership is one of the keys to making this happen!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you want to any relive any high school trauma, go for it!

Mar 30, 2021 - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Young coworkers Accessible (when it's not of importance) executive leadership

Cons

Very cliquey Managers micromanage your day Lack of diversity Lack of initiative to increase diversity

Director of Personnel

We appreciate the time you gave to CGI on our Richmond team. We're launching our DEI Council as we speak and have been working with nationally recognized and respected DEI experts. CGI is also partnered with the Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives group and our CEO is on the Board of Directors.

10. 3.0

As sual click bait

Mar 23, 2021 - Database Administrator in House Springs, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The offices are nice and I got to work form home

Cons

too may days with overtime

Director of Personnel

This review does not apply - we do not and have not had an employee with the title "Database Administrator" or anyone working in House Springs, MO.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 239 Reviews