CGI Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too" (in 19 reviews)

• "I moved up from a Sales Associate in my first year at CGI to a Sales Executive" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard work and the stress of continuing to work hard and at a high level" (in 11 reviews)

• "Some have felt that it creates pressure to perform or hinders work life balance" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Blessed"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an organization that walks the talk. I’ve worked in Sales for 4 years after I graduated college, and this is the first company I have felt TRULY valued as a person and an employee. CGI goes above and beyond training their employees. I feel at home here, blessed beyond belief because in a world where many change jobs/careers often, I can see myself a part of this organization for 10+ years.

Cons

There can be swift changes in new ideas and directions on our focus for the future, sometimes it can be confusing.

Advice to Management

I absolutely love our culture-centric and employee-centric values, it reflects in our overall growth and performance. Let’s keep if going!

2. "I love my job - and I actually mean it."

Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young and energetic atmosphere, relevant and evolving product lines, high salary potential, and true opportunities for promotion.
    I have been able to payoff student loans, advance in the company with two promotions, and have a great social life, all while owning my own home. Not many 25 year olds are able to say any of those things, and I’m proud to be able to say that CGI has given me the opportunity to be where I am today.

Cons

Hard work and the stress of continuing to work hard and at a high level. This type of environment keeps you sharp and constantly growing.

Advice to Management

Some of the longstanding (senior) employees at the company are not as willing, or eager enough, to have management roles. On the contrary, many of their younger counterparts do have those qualities. I guess I am saying do not overlook the younger/less experienced employees for promotion and management opportunities due to less time within the company.

3. "Sales"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personal growth, company vision, atmosphere, product development, employee appreciation, compensation, and flexibility.

Cons

With so many avenues technology is opening up it brings excitement and curiosity to companies in this realm. I trust management to make the best decisions for the company, but in the online marketing industry there are some heavy hitters that can change the game overnight regardless of how it would impact companies like us.

Advice to Management

Don't keep new product lines and company development such a secret. Some mid level employees around here are brilliant and see things you guys might miss.

4. "CGI COMMUNICATION IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for Advancement
    Competitive Salary
    Good Senior Management
    Bonus's available if you surpass quota's
    Good Sales Training

Cons

No Cons. Its a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

5. "Interview Process"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The tour and interview with CGI was nothing short of amazing. I have conducted many interviews and gone through many interviews myself. And by far, this was the most comfortable and exciting environment I have ever been around. From the door man at the elevator, to the receptionist, to the CEO, the second you walk through the doors you can literally feel their success. It was an experience unlike any I have had in over 20 years in sales. If you’re even considering a change of companies...ask(beg if you have to) for an interview with this fine company. This company is absolutely amazing. But the most exciting part is that they don’t believe they are even close to their full potential. That is super exciting to hear from a professional salesman’s perspective. It is an environment I will feel blessed to call home for many years to come.

Cons

I was able to see almost every department of the company. And while I am not yet qualified to speak of any cons, what I can say is that nothing was hidden. While meeting more than 15 people with the company in different departments, they were not only happy, but very transparent and willing to help. Which to me was extremely refreshing in today’s “me first” business climate. I can honestly say I learned something new from each individual I met no matter the department. Will this position be easy? Probably not, and I hope it’s not. These people are special, and it’s obvious they give you every tool to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work and thank you so much for an amazing opportunity for me and my son.

6. "Where do I start...."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can't say enough good things about my time with CGI. After working for one of the nations biggest mortgage companies with over 1,000 employees and getting lost in the corporate chaos, it was a great to join more of a Main Street/family organization with 35 employees at the time . CGI took a chance on me when I had zero sales experience. They have provided me with hands on, continuing training, which has allowed me to advance from the ground up. I was promoted after only eleven months, and again two years after that to managing one of our satellite offices and fifteen employees. Throughout my twelve + years with CGI I have gained unparalleled experience traveling every part of the country while working with Presidents and CEO's of universities and hospitals to owners of preschools and auto repair shops. Even though CGI has grown to somewhere around 300 employees these days, I have always had direct access to management, including the CEO, at any time . I am surrounded by people who are passionate about the company's success, as well as the success of individual employees. It truly is a family, and a phenomenal environment to establish a career and thrive!

Cons

stressful at times....but it is sales/life

Advice to Management

Send out some surveys....see what employees like/don't like/want

Apr 25, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We love hearing the success stories of our employees, especially our veterans that have been with us since the early stages. As we continue to grow, we hope more stories... More

7. "I love CGI"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are not just a number at CGI. A lot of companies out there that employ a large number of Sales Associates across several offices tend to lose track of each employee. I've been a Sales Associate in Chicago for a little less than a year now, started right out of college, and have a friendly relationship with not only my team leader out at HQ in Rochester, but also the Sales Manager, VPs, and even the CEO. This company cares about everyone involved, and all goals mentioned from the start are honest and attainable. Our CEO follows up on promises, and his honesty is reflected throughout the rest of the company. I love CGI's culture, the sales competitions between offices, and the overall end goal achieved from simply doing your job and working hard.
    - Mike ext. 201

Cons

I've yet to experience any cons in my time here.

Mar 27, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are SO thrilled that you have enjoyed your time with CGI thus far. When it comes to employee experience, having multiple office locations... More

8. "7+ years of opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working for CGI for more than 7 years. In that time I have gone from a Sales Associate in the ELL division to Sales Executive in the CVN division, then crossed back over to ELL, and finally an Account Manager for the NEXT! Ad Agency division. CGI provides so much opportunity for growth and they genuinely want to help you build a career. If you like to work hard and think outside of the box then this is the place for you. There are so many opportunities for you to shine and be the best you.

In my time here they have helped create an environment that allows me to live my best life. I have a unique situation in that I work in an outside office (Chicago), have a 2 hour and 15 minute commute to the office one way, and I am new Mother. CGI gave me the opportunity to work from home 3 days a week so that I could continue a work/life balance. Without this I honestly don't know where I would be today.

In my time here with CGI I have traveled by planes, trains, and automobiles. I have been through experiences that have forever changed who I am and gave me the foundation that will forever help me excel in life. If you are passionate, want to travel the country, meet people from every corner of the US, and work hard then this is the place for you!

Cons

You need to have tough skin and a positive mind set. You MUST want to grow professionally and personally otherwise this is not the place for you.

Apr 19, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review and for giving CGI more than 7 years of your time! We find it encouraging and energizing when our employees are able to navigate the waves of opportunity here to build their... More

9. "Thank You for making me the worker I am today!"

Former Employee - Account Associate in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Account Associate in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I L-O-V-E-D my time at CGI. I learned great skills that has allowed me to continue to succeed today. The time and effort the leadership team dedicates to their employees is outstanding.

CGI is a place where you do have to work hard. You do have to have a chip on your shoulder and you do have to do your job. This is a company that you cannot hide and think you can coast by without someone noticing.

CGI is a company that is going to push you and guide you in the right direction. And this is not a company for everyone. It is not a simple work environment, and that is what I loved about it. I liked the challenge with the work. I liked how your co-workers would push you to be better and the only result you can have is improvement. If you decided to keep with the pace.

If I did not have to move to a different city I would never have left CGI. CGI is the only reason I am where I am toady. Because I overcame many fears and anxiety I use to have. I am stronger and a harder worker today than I ever was before.

Thank you CGI.

Cons

This is not a company for the SIMPLE MINDED, EASY JOB WANTING Folks who want to coast on by. This is a place for career minded people who want to grow professionally and personally.

Advice to Management

Haters gonna HATE.

Feb 27, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with CGI. We are honored to have played such a significant role in your professional advancement and success! Hard work does not go... More

10. "3 years and counting"

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at CGI for over three years. I have worked in Marketing, Sales, NEXT! And now CDM! How many people can say that in 3 years they've worked in 4 departments and learning so much along the way? I've worked at companies where you are stuck. Not at CGI. I love working here, if you work hard, and care about what you do it's simple, you will go far here. Your efforts will be rewarded, and you will benefit. Management are skilled and truly care about their employees. Our CEO cares deeply about Rochester and the company itself, full of passion and transparency. He welcomes ideas and growth. Working in NEXT! We care about our clients and always think of new strategies to better our services. We are fearless. I have worked at several reputable companies throughout my years (I'm 32!) and I can safely say no company is as innovative as ours. We welcome ideas, feedback, growth, change. Our customer service department is thinking of new concepts to achieve ultimate client satisfaction. It's really cool to work somewhere where you can truly grow with the company. We are not stagnant, we evolve for bigger, for better. CGI has given me a brand new skillset. I am more independent, more educated and have learned so much. Anyone who has ever complained negatively about CGI doesn't not fully understand the mindset of what we do.

Cons

Times can be grueling, sure. It's not all rainbows and butterflies. Have there been times where I collapse as soon as I hit home? Sure, of course. I'm human. Nothing's perfect. But hard work pays off. As long as you do your job, you're going to be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the new training facilities! It was something that needed to be expanded upon, and I love the new improvements! CGI is progressing and I love where we are headed. Perhaps we could even have speakers come to CGI where we could benefit and learn.

Feb 27, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your motivating words! It’s so encouraging to see an employee seize every opportunity that crosses their path, or paths, in your case! We don't want to be a one-stop shop for employees... More