CGI Communications Reviews

Updated May 22, 2020

CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz
Pros
  • "If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too(in 19 reviews)

• "I started as a sales associate and moved up to executive after 8 months(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "The partnerships do make the job easier but it still takes hard work and determination(in 14 reviews)

• "Base pay is low and benefits are average(in 10 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

Work all over the country

Cons

It’s sales, get used to no

CGI Communications2020-02-19
  2. "The Leadership Here!"

Current Employee - Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I just got a call from the president of Cgi Bob Forys. The call was so important to me because I’m sitting in the doctor's office. You see, on Monday, I went to the hospital with a fever and chills, and this is during a pandemic. My test results ALL came back negative for Covid but I was still referred to my doctor for a follow up today. The kind of company Cgi is, is reflected in its leadership! Bob and Paul Linton thank you for remembering that I was sick and at the doctors but more importantly, thank you for checking in on me...Much appreciated!

Cons

sometimes packages change and because I am remote, I miss stuff! :)

CGI Communications2020-05-22
  3. "Marketing"

Former Employee - New York in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

Good Company, fun, great starter work

Cons

Not too many cons if this is your first job

CGI Communications2020-03-27
  4. "Why I'm Happy at CGI"

Current Employee - Account Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I LOVE downtown Indy. Our office is located in the heart of it. If you're young and want to join an office of hard-working, young professionals then CGI is a great place to start. We have a ping pong table too!

Cons

Hard work is expected. You decide if that's a con for you!

CGI Communications2020-03-19
  5. "Great!"

Former Employee - Account Associate

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

great culture and people around. Always very helpful

Cons

There are no cons at cgi!

CGI Communications2020-03-12
  6. "I wouldn't dream of finishing my career anyplace else."

Current Employee - Director in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Plenty of room for advancement everywhere in the company. Management is very willing to move individuals to positions that suite their strengths and interests. Competitive pay and benefits. A great place to work, learn, grow and succeed. I've been at CGI for 12 years and wouldn't dream of finishing my career anyplace else.

Cons

Depending on your position, travel may be required. (Could be a pro depending on the individual)

CGI Communications2020-02-12
  7. "Coworkers are great, company structure could be better."

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

There was some great people at CGI Communications. If you give your boss a heads up it was easy to take care of medical appointments and any personal issues. Some free meals and contests.

Cons

Management could do a lot better with feedback and transparency. I found it hard to improve myself there when I didn't know if or what I was doing wrong. That and compared to some of my acquaintances, CGI seems to pay a little lower than some standard rates.

CGI Communications2019-12-17

"Sales Associate aka "Appointment Setter.""

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Decent work environment *Some of the staff is great, others are extremely snarky *Upper level/Senior management were great to work with and knowledgeable in their respected fields.

Cons

*The "sales associate" is a glorified appointment setter. In the 7 months I worked there the turn over was insane and not a single "entry level" appointment setter moved up in the company. *Some of the mid-level account sales managers want to do nothing but cherry pick, often getting upset when there's a "small" business in front of them. *Pay isn't that great. *Commute was ridiculous *Parking availability and costs are insane

CGI Communications2019-11-22
  9. "Amazing Company (if you perform well)"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Program Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

I absolutely love CGI and everything they stand for as a company. Granted, I was only there for a month before being let go, but during that month I got a generally good feel as to why there is still so many people who get the job and keep the job. Yes, this was a sales job, but there was absolutely no stereotypical scummy-ness to it. The product(s) you're pitching are backed by local governments and CGI nearly feeds you almostttttt every word to say during your pitch to the clients which makes it all really easy to stand behind, which is awesome when you're in sales.

Cons

While I do not think there are any skeletons in the closet per se, I do think that CGI does a pretty good job of disguising the fact that if you're not performing, you'll be cut loose, quick. I was only there a month and ten days (per this review) but long story short, I was not performing as quickly as some other new hires and I was given a verbal warning and then terminated a week later. You're job in sales at CGI is still a sales job, yes, but during training it was said that we have essentially three months to get acclimated to the job before they consider firing you based off your numbers.

CGI Communications2019-10-25

"Culture/environment is not healthy"

1.0
    Former Employee - Researcher in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

no pros for this company

Cons

Pay was terrible, benefits were terrible, ceo was terrible. Very first day at the job the ceo had a meeting and was just yelling the entire time. Never felt welcomed or excited to work for this company based on my first impression. ceo does not respect his employees and is just an arrogant money hungry man that wants to intimidate his staff. I've never worked for a company like this before it was a shame and waste of my time.

CGI Communications2019-10-23