CGI Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too" (in 19 reviews)

• "I moved up from a Sales Associate in my first year at CGI to a Sales Executive" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard work and the stress of continuing to work hard and at a high level" (in 11 reviews)

• "Some have felt that it creates pressure to perform or hinders work life balance" (in 4 reviews)

"Great place to work with people who care!"

Current Employee - Lead Website Coordinator
    Current Employee - Lead Website Coordinator

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for cgi for 4 years, starting in an entry level position and working my way up to a team lead. I have never worked for a company who spends so much time caring about their employees and consistently working on making their employees lives better.

-employee appreciation lunches
    -summer and Christmas parties
    -bonuses and incentives
    -surprise bagels, candy apples, donuts and even pies on thanksgiving!
    -consistently being let out early by our generous ceo!
    -production dept. got an entire week of last Christmas as a huge thank you from the ceo, which was amazing!!!
    -recognition from the president when you do a great job
    -our ceo pays for our parking!!!
    -employee lunches and team bonding activities
    -they will send you to training classes to better yourself and cover the cost!

If you show up, are ready to work hard and show the initiative to grow, this company will take care of you!

Cons

I have truly loved every moment.

Advice to Management

The digital team has two leaders that honestly care about their employees, I have always felt that they have had my back and that they have always fought for me. They both deserve recognition for how much the have improved the dept.

The presidents and Vice Presidents are very approachable and ask you to come talk to them if you have doubts or concerns, they want to hear you out and guide you in the right direction. I have never been afraid to go and chat with them to better myself and the company.

Thank you Barto for all the generosity you have shown to your employees, it has truly made my 4 years amazing.

Jul 10, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and thoughts! It never gets old reading reviews from employees that see the opportunity that CGI provides, and seize that opportunity... More

"A good place to start, but needs a lot of fixing before it's a good place to stay"

Former Employee - Production Team Member
    Former Employee - Production Team Member

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great friends because you know what they say, misery loves company

A place to start, a good place for a first job. You get a sense of what work culture is like, learn time management and all basic work place skills and office courtesy. Because of this job I was able to find my second job, because I knew what I was and wasn't looking for.

Cons

There is no opportunity for growth unless you're in sales. The CEO came right out and said that to the whole production department "If you want to move up and make money here, you have to move to sales" "I can't pay you more, that's just the rules of the game"

The pay is very low and raises are slim to none. If you worked in my department you wouldn't get a raise until you've been there for 3 years. Most people I knew worked two jobs!

Time off was a nightmare. You gained very little and if you had a doctors appointment, you better plan on coming in early or staying late to make up that time.

There is no respect for the production team, I will quote the CEO again "I could freelance these nonsense jobs.. err I mean it would be nonsense to freelance these jobs" That one really stuck with people

You're a pair of hands to the clients. There is no back and forth, no face to face time and rarely phone calls to clients. If they didn't like something you did, you don't have a chance to explain to them why you did it and why it was beneficial. Management will say to just do what the client wants, because they don't want to loose them or their potential positive review.

For a creative department, it was more focused on quantity than quality. Every week we had to enter our numbers of what we have produced. Don't exceed your number too often or they will raise them and you will get in trouble when they're not met.

Advice to Management

To the general managers: Keep fighting for your employees to higher ups, it is appreciated. Stand your ground and find your voice. Hire more knowledgable people and don't rely on freelances and use the skills of your employees, that's why you have them!

To the CEO: Respect every employee. Stop looking at them like dollar signs. Stop firing people to just make an example of someone. Pay production more. Choose your words wisely in meetings. Don't make rash decisions based on your constant anger. Pay production more and respect production more. Show me the rule that says you can't pay production employees more than you are. Show me your play book.

"Don't Believe the Hype"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Making friends with the other inmates

Cons

If CGI cared about their employees half as much as they cared about their reviews it would be a great company. However that is not the case.
    I worked at CGI for 7 years and over that time I was yelled at on consistent basis, had my job threatened multiple times, ridiculed and even harassed.
    A normal day would consist of daily 7:30am or 8am meetings where you would pray you didnt get called on to give your "presentation" in front of all of your peers. After the group shaming was over you would be sent to your cube to "smile and dial" .
    If you left a 5pm you would be looked at funny because management would say you're not committed.
    When you traveled for CGI, you had to stay in the worst hotels rooms that cost under $80/ night. Worst part was you were allowed to expense a whole $20 on food for the ENTIRE day!!
    They structure your pay so that you have a "higher salary" of 50k and then they put you on a draw so it impossible to make commission. But then they tell you that "no other companies in Rochester pay that"
    There is so much more I could say but I want this review to get posted so I will leave it at that.

Advice to Management

Stop being lap dogs and find a voice. You know what goes on there is not right. SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND STOP BEING YES MEN!!

4. "Fantastic Rochester Company"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

Amazing work environment with driven employees

Cons

Not many cons to be stated

Advice to Management

Continue to expand on opportunities for workers to learn new applicable skills

Jul 10, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to pass your advice along to management! Please feel free to bring any thoughts or ideas you might have up to your direct... More

5. "Sales Associate"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

This company is true to it's mark. Everyone in the office is very friednly and easy to adjust if your new.

Cons

More geared towards young workers.

Jul 10, 2018 – Recruiter

We appreciate you taking some time to share your feedback, and hope you find your own path to success here! We do have young, fresh out of college employees, but we also have a great number of... More

6. "Blessed"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an organization that walks the talk. I’ve worked in Sales for 4 years after I graduated college, and this is the first company I have felt TRULY valued as a person and an employee. CGI goes above and beyond training their employees. I feel at home here, blessed beyond belief because in a world where many change jobs/careers often, I can see myself a part of this organization for 10+ years.

Cons

There can be swift changes in new ideas and directions on our focus for the future, sometimes it can be confusing.

Advice to Management

I absolutely love our culture-centric and employee-centric values, it reflects in our overall growth and performance. Let’s keep if going!

Jul 10, 2018 – Recruiter

"I feel at home here," is one of the best compliments a company can receive from an employee. Thank you for giving CGI a shot, and for realizing the opportunities we provide for all that they are. We... More

7. "I love my job - and I actually mean it."

Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young and energetic atmosphere, relevant and evolving product lines, high salary potential, and true opportunities for promotion.
    I have been able to payoff student loans, advance in the company with two promotions, and have a great social life, all while owning my own home. Not many 25 year olds are able to say any of those things, and I’m proud to be able to say that CGI has given me the opportunity to be where I am today.

Cons

Hard work and the stress of continuing to work hard and at a high level. This type of environment keeps you sharp and constantly growing.

Advice to Management

Some of the longstanding (senior) employees at the company are not as willing, or eager enough, to have management roles. On the contrary, many of their younger counterparts do have those qualities. I guess I am saying do not overlook the younger/less experienced employees for promotion and management opportunities due to less time within the company.

8. "Sales"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personal growth, company vision, atmosphere, product development, employee appreciation, compensation, and flexibility.

Cons

With so many avenues technology is opening up it brings excitement and curiosity to companies in this realm. I trust management to make the best decisions for the company, but in the online marketing industry there are some heavy hitters that can change the game overnight regardless of how it would impact companies like us.

Advice to Management

Don't keep new product lines and company development such a secret. Some mid level employees around here are brilliant and see things you guys might miss.

Jul 10, 2018 – Recruiter

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts! We agree, the constant change and evolution that our industry sees day in and day out is very exciting. Your suggestions will be passed along... More

9. "CGI COMMUNICATION IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for Advancement
    Competitive Salary
    Good Senior Management
    Bonus's available if you surpass quota's
    Good Sales Training

Cons

No Cons. Its a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Jul 10, 2018 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us! We work hard to provide an environment where employees can find endless opportunities for success, and we hope you find just that!

10. "Interview Process"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The tour and interview with CGI was nothing short of amazing. I have conducted many interviews and gone through many interviews myself. And by far, this was the most comfortable and exciting environment I have ever been around. From the door man at the elevator, to the receptionist, to the CEO, the second you walk through the doors you can literally feel their success. It was an experience unlike any I have had in over 20 years in sales. If you’re even considering a change of companies...ask(beg if you have to) for an interview with this fine company. This company is absolutely amazing. But the most exciting part is that they don’t believe they are even close to their full potential. That is super exciting to hear from a professional salesman’s perspective. It is an environment I will feel blessed to call home for many years to come.

Cons

I was able to see almost every department of the company. And while I am not yet qualified to speak of any cons, what I can say is that nothing was hidden. While meeting more than 15 people with the company in different departments, they were not only happy, but very transparent and willing to help. Which to me was extremely refreshing in today’s “me first” business climate. I can honestly say I learned something new from each individual I met no matter the department. Will this position be easy? Probably not, and I hope it’s not. These people are special, and it’s obvious they give you every tool to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work and thank you so much for an amazing opportunity for me and my son.

Jun 20, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic words! Your excitement is harmonious with the direction CGI is heading in. The future is indeed bright, and we are happy that you are going to endure the... More