CGI Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CGI Communications CEO Bob Bartosiewicz
Bob Bartosiewicz

Pros
  • CGI recognizes and rewards hard work from their employees, while encouraging a positive work/life balance (in 16 reviews)

• I've seen nothing but growing opportunity and a great work environment here at CGI (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Base pay is low and benefits are average (in 7 reviews)

• It's a lot of hard work and a lot of phone calls (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Invaluable Sales Training and Amazing Travel Experiences"

Pros

I worked for CGI for about 5 years 2007-2012. I started on making calls over the phone, setting appointments and quickly was promoted to an outside sales role--Sales Executive. While selling, I was given amazing training, from some of the best managers, VP's and even the CEO. Since leaving CGI, pursuing other careers in banking, advertising sales and now insurance, I can honestly say that CGI has laid the groundwork for my sales background. I was taught work ethic, people skills, how to role play, how to close, and many other sales techniques which I've now learned, have really surpassed other companies training programs. In addition to the fantastic sales training, I was given the opportunity multiple times to travel to other states to sell many programs. What an invaluable experience that was! Meeting other people and contacts from all over the US, while learning the ropes of traveling, not to mention---getting to see some amazing places (California, Texas, Maine, Florida, etc...). This is the perfect company if you are looking for great sales training, the opportunity to make great money and the option to travel. The company is really growing fast and it's a great time to get involved!

Cons

If you are not a hard worker, this is not the place for you.

CGI Communications Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Director of Personnel

Thank you so much for your review! We deeply appreciate the 5 years that you gave CGI, and are happy that you could take away some valuable skills from your time here. Traveling is definitely a great ... More

"High energy work event environment"

Current Employee - Management in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Management in Rochester, NY

Pros

working at CGI is great, just like any place that is great to work at the primary reason is the people. The work can be demanding at times but if you work hard and put in a solid effort you definitely be rewarded accordingly.

Cons

There can be a lot of pressure to perform and it can be stressful at times. You have to look at the big picture though and understand what they're trying to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. In any busy you can get far working with hard workers and solid attitudes, almost always these individuals will be result in some of your best employees

3. "Great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY

Pros

I currently work at CGI Communications (for almost a year now) and would recommend this company to anyone looking for a reputable, innovative, and fun place to build your career. The opportunity for advancement is unlike any other company I've worked for- I started as a sales associate then became a sales executive, and now I am an account manager for the marketing department. The work environment is fun and high energy, and the leadership team (CEO, Vice Presidents, etc.) truly care about the company and employees. How many companies have a CEO who holds a weekly morning meeting? I've worked for companies for years and never seen the CEO in person. This is a great place to work if you're looking for more than just a job to get by.

Cons

This is not the place to just come in and collect a paycheck. Hard work is definitely recognized, but so is laziness!

5. "a great opportunity..."

Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

growth opportunities, great culture and work environment, accessibility to upper management, fun company events and activities, opportunity to gain experience in my desired field and move up quickly

Cons

if you're a lazy person or someone with a negative attitude, look elsewhere for employment

Advice to Management

CGI has continued to grow but still has the feel of a smaller, team oriented company. Since I've been here, CGI has opened up many new divisions and the employee base is growing rapidly...who wouldn't want to work in a growing organization?

6. "Great Products, Great Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at CGI for about 5 years. They have provided me with all of the vertical and horizontal mobility you could ask for. If you are motivated and passionate, you will have all kinds of opportunities for success. It has always been a fun and competitive work environment. This is not just a great place for an entry level position, but a great place for a successful career.

Cons

A very young average age, which can be both a Pro and a Con.

Advice to Management

None.

7. "CGI has given me the necessary tools and knowledge to be a SUCCESSFUL sales person."

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-You're given opportunity to make more money than any other job you could possibly have in your early 20s.
    -You are able to travel all over the country as a Sales Executive.
    -As a Sales Executive, you get to work with a Sales Associate who assists you in setting appointments and filling your calendar.
    -The company is growing by leaps and bounds, opening up opportunities for management and positions in other divisions.

Cons

-Dialing.
    -As a fast growing company, it does lack some organization within certain departments.

8. "Great for young grads and people looking for a exciting sales experience!"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CGI provides a great energetic culture to learn and sharpen your sales skills. No matter where you work, its all about the people. CGI has a great staff and culture!

Cons

salary is not terrific. but as you become a Sales Executive, the potential is great!

9. "The opportunities are endless!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CGI has provided me with the tools to grow within my position and become a successful professional in a field that I love! My future lies with CGI Communications. I have seen this company grow from 70 employees to 200+ employees during the 6.5 years that I have worked at CGI. With our cutting edge technology and product ideas we will continue to grow. I am proud to be a part of the CGI family.

Cons

You will be pushed to work hard! Can you handle it?

"Current employee that loves working here!"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth company with great opportunity! Highly motivated people that care about what they are doing and taking care of their clients. It's hard not to be excited about coming to work when you are doing great work.

Cons

Always an emphasis on current performance no matter what your past performance was.

"Results-driven company where attitude and self-motivation are the catalysts for success. A focus on employee opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Results Driven; Cohesive Unit; Employee Opportunity is a focus of Management, Presidents and Vice-Presidents; Looked upon as a valued member of a team, not a number. Meetings every week are motivational, goals are well-planned and well-known, Looked upon by CEO as a colleague rather than an ancillary number in employment. Best sales training provided starting from basics; Production team is diligent and continually churns out great work.

Cons

Potential employees must be prepared to create and pursue goals and opportunities actively. Your path is not always clear-cut, some people look at this as a drawback, others embrace the atmosphere and challenge openly.

Advice to Management

More structured progression for employees looking for stepping stones to advancement.