CGI Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

CGI Communications Reviews

Updated November 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too (in 18 reviews)

• I moved up from a Sales Associate in my first year at CGI to a Sales Executive (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Yes its going to be hard work most of the time, that's why its called "WORK" and they expect you to work while you're here (in 9 reviews)

• Some have felt that it creates pressure to perform or hinders work life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "The best company to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associaate in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associaate in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting as a sales associate about a year ago I was a little uncertain at first, but I soon realized that all of the hype of CGI was for real. From your team leader to your manager Emily, all the way up to the president of our division and even the CEO, you are appreciated and supported in your role throughout the company. You will come in every morning and work with an amazing group of people. You will have the opportunity to win a week at another office as CGI continues to expand across the country. Most importantly though, you will have an unbelievable opportunity to advance in your career and be recognized if you are willing to be the best.

Cons

This position is not for those who are soft or weak minded. This is a sales job so you better be able to handle a little criticism without making excuses.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all of the little things that you all do. If I had to say any piece of advice it would be to let us go on the private jet more often!!

Sep 7, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time CGI thus far! Our company is set up to offer support around every corner, and we are happy to see that our employees are experiencing... More

2. "Advertising Account Associate"

Current Employee - Advertising Account Associate in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Advertising Account Associate in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, Flexibility, Growth, Amenities, Training

Cons

Currently none at this time.

Aug 2, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to see our employees share their experiences with others. The pros that you listed are some of the core values that we attribute our... More

"A Great Place to Make a Carreer"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

Work Life Flexibility, benefits, mobility, travel

Cons

There is a bit of turn-over in staff. You can either keep up with the work or you get frustrated and leave.

Advice to Management

There can be some passive aggressive behavior on your part than can be misconstrued.

Aug 10, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We are proud to have received the 2017 Work/Life Flexibility award from D&C Digital. Being able to provide our employees with opportunity both inside and outside of the... More

4. "It is amazing to see where CGI is going."

I worked at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

I worked at CGI in the past in their sales department. It is truly amazing how far they have come and where their plans are to go next! Great Job!

Cons

-None to mention at this time

Jul 25, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review! It’s always encouraging to see employees, both past and present, excited about CGI’s future. We are ready for what’s next!

"This place is a joke."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

The friends you make in your department.

Cons

This place is a revolving door. They hire new grads for below market rate, then abuse them until they find better work and leave. The work feels meaningless due to poor end product quality, and the best part of the day was skimming through their notes system to read the newest complaints and lawsuit threats from towns and business owners.

Advice to Management

Replace higher management and save this company from itself.

Jun 2, 2017 – Recruiter

We are sorry to hear that you feel so negatively towards CGI. We understand that we may not be the right fit for every employee that decides to join our team, and that’s okay. Our management strives... More

6. "Great place to work, helped launch my career."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked at CGI for about 8 years as a Sales Account Executive. I'm currently in another sales role at a Pharmaceutical Company. The experience that I gained at CGI was second to none and I would not be in the position I am today if it weren't for CGI. I was able to break into a specialty pharmaceutical company which typically requires years and years of pharmaceutical experience. I had none. There were many more qualified candidates going for the job I have now, however, they were so impressed by my background at CGI that I was offered the job on the spot. At CGI you learn skills that you just can't learn at other companies. It has helped launch me into the successful career I have now and I am forever grateful for that. If you are willing to work hard at CGI you can gain the knowledge, experience and skills that will translate over into any industry.

Cons

You have to be willing to work hard, which is not a con at all.

Jun 2, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review and for the 8 years you spent learning and growing with CGI. It’s reassuring to see a past employee talk so highly of their experience with us. We are thrilled that you were... More

7. "Great sales opportunity. Learned a ton. Now own my own business."

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great people. Got to travel to almost every state in the country. I learned a ton about business (what to do and what not to do also). Learned how to sell, be creative, network.
     Overall great place for me.
    I Now own my own multi million dollar business and utilize a lot of what I learned at CGI communications.

Cons

No company is perfect. That's why 4 stars.
    The worst was not having enough money to eat while on the road (not sure if they changed that at all, probably not, cheapskates) Nothing else is bad enough to write here as a Con though.

Advice to Management

You're lucky I didn't stay longer and take all your jobs. Probably be managing you by now. :)

Jun 2, 2017 – Recruiter

We really appreciate your feedback! Whether at CGI, or beyond, we are happy that you have utilized what you learned with us to launch your business and to have played a role in your past and current... More

"Meh company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Emily is fantastic at her job and is great at training. The best part about this company is the people that you will be working with and a great work environment.

Cons

Where to begin, they will tell you it is not cold calling but that is exactly what it is. Company is all politics so if you have a good relationship with upper management you will be fine and if not then good luck. Depending on the executive you get placed with will be how well you do as an associate. The CEO likes to brag about his money and that is something you will notice as soon as you meet the man.

Advice to Management

Training is excellent keep it up!

Jun 2, 2017 – Recruiter

We appreciate you taking the time to share some of your thoughts. We are happy to see that Emily left a positive impression with you and that our training process got you started off on the right... More

"Marketing Executive"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CGI provides opportunities for driven, energetic sales people that want to make money while having stability provided by a strong support system. Being surrounded by persistent, smart, vibrant people inspires growth both individually and collectively. CGI recognizes and rewards hard work from their employees, while encouraging a positive work/life balance. I have grown both personally and professionally, thanks to my 10+ years spent at CGI.

Cons

In a growing company there can be a lot of changes, therefore you have to be willing to adapt and/or change positions based on the company's needs.

May 31, 2017 – Recruiter

We truly appreciate your thoughts. CGI is proud to provide those opportunities, not only to sales people, like you stated, but for every position within the company. We are honored to have recently... More

10. "A great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at CGI Communications for 3 years now, and much like any job, there are ebbs and flows. One of the main reasons I continue to work for this company, is no matter what, if you try hard enough and push yourself, you really can achieve anything. I started out as a sales associate, working my way from the bottom. That position helped be create a tough chin, and learned to take defeat and turn it into a positive. I then was able to branch out into 2 other positions in the company. Why? Because I wanted to. They want people who want to be great, and that is one of the most admirable reasons I am still here. We have people who have been with this company 10+ years, and they STILL strive to be great. No one settles for anything less. It really does bring out the best in you, if you let it. EVERYONE in this company is always willing to help. Whether it is with training, trying to move up in the company, or even just a refresher. It is a very upbeat, positive working environment. More than anything, they give you the ability to be creative, and do things that can help drive the company to new heights. I myself am proof, as they have given me the ability to travel around the country, doing my job and meeting with clients, while being able to see everything I have ever wanted to.

Cons

The truth is, it's not for everyone. No job really is. The only con, if you can consider it one, is you will be pushed harder than any other job. Success is a must! But that is with anything in life.

Advice to Management

Honestly, never change the mindset we have. We strive to be great and nothing less. In the end, you will feel like a winner

May 31, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on CGI. As with life in general, ebbs and flows in business are inevitable, especially for a company that is constantly growing and reaching for more. The one... More