CGI Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

CGI Communications Reviews

Updated October 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Management is always encouraging and recognizes hard work put in (in 16 reviews)

• I moved up from a Sales Associate in my first year at CGI to a Sales Executive (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Yes its going to be hard work most of the time, that's why its called "WORK" and they expect you to work while you're here (in 9 reviews)

• Some have felt that it creates pressure to perform or hinders work life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "Professional Growth"

Current Employee - Production Assistant
    Current Employee - Production Assistant

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CGI has definitely offered me more than just growth in my career. Since I began working here, I've developed a new sense of professionalism. While CGI is largely a young company in its employees, that certainly doesn't lower the bar for us to go above and beyond for our clients and maintain a professional attitude - if anything it raises the bar.

With high expectations set, you learn to compete against yourself in order to help both yourself and the company grow. Your hard work certainly does not go unnoticed by superiors and if you work hard enough, the CEO will give you that recognition directly.

Cons

This company is not for those who want to coast by and stay under the radar.

May 31, 2017 – Recruiter

We truly appreciate you taking some time to share your thoughts. CGI strives to provide an environment where our employees can learn and develop, both individually and as a team player. Hard work... More

2. "Producer"

Current Employee - Producer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Producer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is great along with the people you'll work with. Your work is recognized and people are rewarded accordingly. You are constantly being motivated to do better and strive for better. I have been at the company almost two years now. I was promoted after four months and have received two raises since then. The people, environment, and enjoying the work I do really make me love working here.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to say about working here. Sometimes I get upset about how much money I make, especially when I hear weekly how great the company is doing, but I have received a few raises and will continue to do so and be rewarded for my hard work.

May 31, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you are enjoying the work you do and encourage you to keep striving for more! Hard work is the key to success and it sounds like you’re already turning... More

3. "Invaluable Experience"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was extremely fortunate and thankful to get this job in production right after graduating with a degree in Film. I could tell immediately that this place was going to give me the tools to grow in my career. I set a goal for myself early and have been working towards it ever since. Management is always encouraging and recognizes hard work put in. The experience I've received so far in the production field is invaluable. The production assistant job isn't glamorous but it's a fantastic resume builder and the skills I've acquired would propel me if I were to seek opportunity elsewhere with film, but, with that being said... I'M IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN. I recognize the opportunity to grow in my field within the company as the company grows itself. I believe in CGI and where we are going. I'm willing to put my time in working hard as a PA with confidence that hard work pays off.

Employee appreciation is a big part of this company. In the spirit of that, i'd like to take a moment to say that I truly do appreciate this company. As an aspiring videographer I will continue to hone my craft with CGI, in the hopes that I can have a steady helping hand in its growth.

Cons

You have to be willing to shine bright enough to reach the recognition you think you deserve.

Advice to Management

Continue being open to new ideas and current trends!

May 31, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review and for your dedication and motivating attitude. We are so happy that CGI was your first stop after graduation, and are even more encouraged as a company to hear your desire... More

4. "Lifestyle"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive/Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive/Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best things that many sales professionals like about a career in sales is that they have a direct impact on the amount of money they could earn. The high earners in sales are the ones that work hard, work smart, continually hone their sales skills, build lasting relationships and gain valuable experience that can be used to command a high paying salary. I started with CGI over 6 years ago making barely enough to survive, but knew I had to start somewhere. I worked hard and took advantage of the many opportunities that came my way from management and within two years I was already making six figures!! Today, I am making almost 10 times what I started at with the different levels of income opportunity CGI has.
    Working at CGI has also allowed me the ability to help others (great customer focus) and I am able to balance work with personal matters without conflict. As long as your a hard worker and performer the upper management is great with flexibility. I enjoy working at such a great place and look forward to continuing to grow with the Company!

Cons

With a high income, comes high accountability and responsibility to deliver on your numbers and goals. This does add to pressure and stress if your performance is less than on goal. Some people cannot handle this kind of stress and the pressure to perform.

Advice to Management

Focus on the Sales Process, sometimes we focus so much on the number that we lose control over the things we do have control over. It’s amazing how many times success can be assured by attending to the basics of the job. While it is important to keep track of how many calls/sales your team are making don’t lose track of the “How”.

May 9, 2017 – Recruiter

We truly appreciate your review and thank you for the time and effort that you have invested into CGI thus far. The mindset you have to continually challenge yourself and embrace new opportunities is... More

5. "Great Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Competitive Salary
    -Unbeatable Culture
    -Great Managerial Support and Training
    -Reward systems continue to motivate employees while providing gains to both the company and employee both monetarily and as an overall employee

-As someone who started as a sales associate at a later age than the norm I had more experience to compare this company to. The amount of growth that has occurred in my 3 years is why I can't imagine working somewhere else. That growth does not only refer to my salary although I have nearly tripled what I started at in 3 short years, I am referring to the growth that has happened as a professional and a person that was facilitated by management. The leadership here provides you with the support to grow and the ability to make you aware of the changes that need to be made in a positive way. This is something that stems from the fact that employees are truly valued here which unfortunately is very uncommon today.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company

May 9, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you very much for your review. We love to hear success stories, and yours is just that! When a company grows, it’s always encouraging to see its employees growing right alongside it. Keep up... More

6. "Great time to get into CGI"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started at CGI well over a decade ago, left for a while, and was welcomed back about 3 years ago. If you have the opportunity to come into this company, take it! There is no doubt that CGI is positioned perfectly for growth. The product lines, customer focus, and sales compensation have never been better. For this past month, my commission check will be 5 figures. That's after taxes! They recently set up a commission structure for renewing clients that grows year after year. It's truly a sales career. The opportunities here are real, as long as you are willing to work hard,

Cons

The healthcare is a bit pricey, but honestly, I don't know if that's the same wherever you go.

May 11, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! When employees leave and return, it just goes to show that we must be doing something right! We do agree that the timing and positioning for... More

7. "An solid company and excellent place to launch a career."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been in the sales dept at CGI for almost 10 years, starting at 23 years old. Over this time, I've seen first hand the company grow, identify problems and find solutions, and constantly reinvent itself to truly become a great story in Rochester. As someone who has been successful here but also faced moments of frustration, I can personally say that this company truly cares about their employees and the futures of their employees. I can speak very personally regarding this subject, and can honestly say I wouldn't be where I am in my life without the support and belief received from leadership, starting from the top. The atmosphere and environment is challenging but fun (i.e. sales contests, company events), solid benefits (i.e. 401k match, flexible paid vacations, great salary and residual income potential), always open to new ideas and most importantly, employee centered. CGI is a proven company with a strong background and a promising future.

Cons

As with any organization, CGI isn't a perfect company. If you're looking for perfection, this probably isn't the place for you. Employees are expected to perform at a high level, a characteristic of any successful organization. Some have felt that it creates pressure to perform or hinders work life balance. However, employees are encouraged to work hard but also have time to themselves.

May 12, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review and for the time that you have invested into CGI. No company is perfect, but it’s encouraging to know that, even during times of frustration, our employees can hold on to... More

8. "Employee Appreciation and Company Culture"

Current Employee - Producer
    Current Employee - Producer

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They take care of their employees well with several perks. From going out on the CEO's yacht for day, to the great holiday and summer parties, regular employee appreciation days, and an involved CEO, the company shows in several ways that the employees here are appreciated outside of solely monetary means. The company also is continually looking to grow and push their employees to where they want to go. If you express a desire to change departments, pursue new ideas or help a young department grow, the company advocates for you and helps you get there. I've never been told an idea I had or a direction I wanted to go within the company was dumb or simply not going to happen. They've always taken things to try to find a way to get a win-win situation for both myself and the company. Lastly, the company and senior management are continually helping to build up the culture in the company. It's a regular and daily occurrence for upper level management to speak positivity and build the employees up to encourage them to be the best they can be.

Cons

There are not a ton of cons for working here, but every company always has ways it can improve.

May 12, 2017 – Recruiter

We appreciate you taking some time out of your day to share your thoughts about CGI. As a company, we strive to give our clients the best experience possible, but at the same time, make it a point to... More

9. "Pilot"

Current Employee - Pilot
    Current Employee - Pilot

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A growth orientated company that values its employees, rewards loyalty and hard work, and creates a positive work environment.

Cons

None that I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

May 9, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on CGI! We are excited to have you be a part of our growth spurt and can’t wait to see what the future brings. Wheels up!

10. "Director of Aviation"

Current Employee - Director of Aviation in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Aviation in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a forward thinking company with great opportunities for growth. The employees are valued, listened to, and rewarded. Loyalty and long term employment are the norm.

Cons

None yet. As a new employee, the experience has been positive and as expected. I will update with new information as it presents itself.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing (in new and imaginative ways)!

Apr 10, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to have you on board (literally)! You have helped make the launch of the new company jet fun and easy!