CGI Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

CGI Communications Reviews

Updated November 28, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too (in 18 reviews)

• I moved up from a Sales Associate in my first year at CGI to a Sales Executive (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Yes its going to be hard work most of the time, that's why its called "WORK" and they expect you to work while you're here (in 9 reviews)

• Some have felt that it creates pressure to perform or hinders work life balance (in 4 reviews)

"Don't get too excited"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at CGI Communications (More than a year)

Pros

- CGI does a good job of finding fun and energetic people that help make the work more enjoyable.

Cons

- As an associate your entire commission is based off of what your executive sells, so if you get paired with a bad executive or your executive is given a bad market, you don't make any money.
    - There are definite favorites at the associate and executive levels who get their pick of the best markets, and unless you are based in Rochester or constantly fly out there, you're stuck with the leftovers.

Advice to Management

- Work with all of your executives and associates, not just the Rochester based ones, to help them achieve success in the company.

Dec 6, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you very much for your review. We apologize that your experience working with your executive was unbalanced. The executive/associate relationship is unique in that it allows for, and... More

2. "CGI!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome Company to work for

Cons

There's not enough hours in the day to work for this company

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!! :)

Nov 23, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review! When our current employees are excited about the opportunities we are providing them, we know we are doing something right.

"ok"

I worked at CGI Communications (More than a year)

Pros

People, out early on Fridays, employee appreciation day, fun environment

Cons

Low starting pay, little training

Nov 11, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your contribution.

4. "CGI brings back the lost art of company transparency"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I feel trusting the company you work with and the decisions they make, was at one point in time a staple to the common thread that held organizations together. This trust bound employees, created a team environment, and allowed confidence to radiate through the workplace. This sadly seems like a lost art these days as company after company are pulling the rug out from under their employees and not staying true to their word.
    I will say however that spending almost a decade working at CGI, the company is run confidently, in a growing environment and there is a lot of opportunity here. Upper management is transparent about the future of the company as well, which resonates with some of those business morals which are becoming harder and harder to find.
    It's fun too! CGI puts forth a solid effort to make sure employees are rewarded for their efforts. Bowling in the winter, and boating trips in the summer are not uncommon!

Cons

We take risks and things can change quickly, trust and the willingness to adapt and grow are key traits for long lasting employees here at CGI in my opinion, and that's part of the reason why I continue to work here! It may not be for everybody though. With risk comes reward, a bit cliche I know, but its the truth.

Advice to Management

A "Bigger Picture" approach to some of the local messages being sent through advertising on TV and Radio. I feel most people locally still need to hear what our focus is. Branding and awareness for communities nationwide...lets continue to push and communicate that!

Nov 1, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you very much for the feedback! CGI credits much of our success, both client and employee-wise, to the level of transparency and accessibility provided by our management team. The trust... More

"Sales Associate"

Pros

Nothing - glassdoor is making me say at least 20 words to run this. I don't even have 1 positive thing to say about them so this is me rambling so I can post this.

Cons

Everything - literally worst company to work for. Best sales guy in the company is their HR guy, Drew. If that guy can sell this job to someone and persuade them to work there then he can sell anything. Keep up the good work Drew!

Advice to Management

Grow up - especially Frank. I quit because of that guy in particular.

Dec 6, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We do understand that CGI may not be the right fit for every candidate that we welcome on board, as is the case with every company. CGI strongly... More

"Account Assoicate"

Pros

The group of people you work with is really great! They really become your family and best friends. Everyone helps out.

Cons

If you're not looking to party, this is not the company for you. Their motto is they work hard so they can play harder.

Nov 1, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about CGI. We couldn’t agree more that the employees we staff are truly one-of-a-kind. We pride ourselves on fostering a team environment where... More

7. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Competitive, self made individuals will rise to the top. Huge community supporters and love to take care of their employees. Allows flex hours so you can leave work early on a Friday in the summer!

Also I read a lot of stuff how Bob the CEO is out of his mind. Well I would call it more passionate than anything. A good leader is passionate, do you want to work for someone who is dull and lifeless. It would be hard to stay motivated if your boss acts like he doesn't care.

Also to those saying he offers payment to post reviews I've never seen him ask once and I'll update this in a few weeks if it comes in my paycheck because that's just a straight lie.

Cons

None really. I guess this is but it's not a bad thing more or less just honesty for why people bash CGI. but they're demanding and if you're not self motivated you won't make it.

Advice to Management

Just do you

Oct 13, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review! Bob is a very passionate individual. We agree that it takes a certain type of person to build a company from the ground up and, fast forward almost 30 years later, have it... More

8. "Can't see myself going anywhere else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management here realizes that in order to provide for their employees, the company needs to be a successful business. The company maintains a look towards new products or opportunities, and isn't afraid of changing a process just because that has been the way that it has always been done.

Cons

The company is fast moving and very transparent – which I see as positives so please keep this in context and don't stop. However I feel as though some times those positives make it difficult on some of the employees. The management staff just needs to realize that there are those individuals who may feel as though they are throwing 100% effort into the next best and greatest thing only to have us change directions to follow the next best and greatest idea.

Advice to Management

We're moving in the correct direction. We are a successful business and we aren't perfect but we are moving in the correct direction with a lot of things. Only advice is to make sure that management follows through with any promises to the staff.

Oct 13, 2016 – Recruiter

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about CGI. We agree that our company is on the move in the right direction. We believe it’s important to not only stay current in the rapidly... More

"Outstanding Experience, Electric Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a past Sales Executive at CGI Communications, I feel obligated to thank the management and leadership team for the skill-set and experience gained throughout the 2.5 years I spent with the company. When given the opportunity to travel the country and work with seasoned sales mentors, I took the ball and ran with it. CGI gave me the ability to make great money, not worry about bills, purchase the vehicle of my choice, and enjoy the work environment around me. Since moved on from the company, I will always be grateful to Bob and the leadership team for kick-starting my sales career, and putting me in a position to succeed in sales in the present and the future. Thank you CGI team!!!!

Cons

I have nothing to complain about when it comes to my experience at CGI.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The training is some of the best around and I would not be where I am without it!

Oct 12, 2016 – Director of Personnel

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about your time with CGI. We are happy that our company could play an important part in molding your current and future sales accomplishments. We will... More

10. "Outstanding Sales Training!"

Pros

I will always thank CGI for the amazing sales training, work ethic and people skills I learned while working there as a Sales Associate. CGI does an excellent job of preparing and training their employees. I also find it very impressive and grateful that upper management takes so much time to work with their employees on their knowledge in sales. I can truly say that I would not be where I am today without my experience at CGI. They are a great company that has prepared me for a successful career!!

Cons

None

Oct 4, 2016 – Director of Personnel

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were able to take away valuable skills from your time at CGI and apply them to your current career! We love to hear success stories from employees... More