Found 358 of over 18K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "1. Good work life balance: usually can get off work on time and no calls on weekends." (in 1484 reviews)
- "The people that you work closely with are often great people and fun to be around." (in 582 reviews)
- "Good benefits and easy to get onto service desk for a first step into an IT career" (in 570 reviews)
- "Good learning place and flexible to do work from home." (in 486 reviews)
- "Work culture is good........you don't need to sit on desk for 9 hours." (in 414 reviews)
- "Salary itself will be low and very less hike" (in 846 reviews)
- "Management is poor and not communicate very well to employees" (in 565 reviews)
- "No structured salary for different job groups Pay scale is low as compared to other organizations in market" (in 375 reviews)
- "but if you are under a bad manager then your hikes will not be good." (in 269 reviews)
- "No training And development plan" (in 178 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of CGI and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "career growth"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Feb 15, 2021Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
Good work-life balance Good policies Employees are treated well Good management
Career growth opportunities for freshers are not so good1
- 4.0Sep 20, 2016Administrative CoordinatorCurrent EmployeeMarkham, ON
Profit sharing plan Well compensated great culture
Bilingual positions Slow Career Growth ( somehwere where you need to put the work in to move up)
- 3.0Mar 16, 2017IT Support SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTroy, AL
The projects are stable and the company does try and acquire new contracts. The members that you work with genuinely seem to want to help you succeed and I've made a lot of good friends during my time.
Very little career growth and it basically it breaks down to HR not wanting to help you and will become unresponsive. They'd rather hire someone new than move you to a different area. This might be a good place to start a career in IT but depending upon your project and satisfaction it might not be somewhere you stay for 20 years.2
- 4.0Oct 26, 2021Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
All the employees are considered as members of the conpany and good ethics
Moderate career growth in terms of personal and professional
- 3.0Jul 26, 2019ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMarkham, ON
Good environment and people. Open company culture. lots of events and groups and easy to approach people
Poor project operations and management. they did lost alot business. Don't care much about learning and employees career growth2
- 3.0Feb 12, 2011ConsultantCurrent EmployeeColumbus, OH
If you find the right manager and core project team and are lucky enough to stay on that project for a significant amount of time, growth and development potential is almost limitless If you are a hard worker you can get places Great benefits Self-help training site is good Outsourcing type project teams offer a great opportunity for growth and development
Not enough consistency among senior consultants on their ability or willingness to mentor There is no defined career path The training and mentoring of new college hires could be better Networking is the only way to grow in this company Staff augmentation type projects are a hindrance to your career growth as you will get lost and forgotten
- 5.0Mar 28, 2023Talent Acquisition ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDallas-Fort Worth
DEI opportunities LGBTQ+ safe company and received a 100% on the HRC checklist - not easy to do! BIPOC friendly organization Mentorship and Career Growth is put in the forefront. Invest into their employees. Benefits are fair and they have a great SPP, along with company matches. Awesome team members and leadership. Pay is great.
It gets confusing trying to find resources at times, as we have a lot of them in different places. Sometimes it feels like finding one-on-one help or assistance is a bit difficult, but it isn't impossible. Wish the open positions that employees can move into were broadcasted more for internal hiring.
- 2.0Oct 11, 2015Lead AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
1. Work from home policy 2. Flexibility 3. Fun at work activities are organised at regular intervals.
1. If you are in this company in one project since starting then you will got promotions, but if you are lateral hire then don't expect any promotions or good hike for next 4 years just to adjust the lateral hike they have given you. 2. No onsite opportunities, and if some one gets it then only for 1-2 months. 3. Career growth is less, people with 10+ experience are in this company since they won't get job outside now after doing repetitive work. 4. Appraisal process is not transparent, if you fight you are fired. 5. If you are happy with less hike and compromise with career growth then best company to retire.1