Found 430 of over 18K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "1. Good work life balance: usually can get off work on time and no calls on weekends." (in 1484 reviews)
- "The people that you work closely with are often great people and fun to be around." (in 582 reviews)
- "Good benefits and easy to get onto service desk for a first step into an IT career" (in 570 reviews)
- "Good learning place and flexible to do work from home." (in 486 reviews)
- "Work culture is good........you don't need to sit on desk for 9 hours." (in 414 reviews)
- "Salary itself will be low and very less hike" (in 846 reviews)
- "Management is poor and not communicate very well to employees" (in 565 reviews)
- "No structured salary for different job groups Pay scale is low as compared to other organizations in market" (in 375 reviews)
- "but if you are under a bad manager then your hikes will not be good." (in 269 reviews)
- "No training And development plan" (in 178 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of CGI and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "good work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Mar 30, 2015Technical LeadCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHyderābād
I have been working at CGI India for past few months 1) Good work life balance if you are in support project 2) Good work environment as there will be lot of activities happening around apart from Work which is good. 3) Managers are co-operative (Most of the projects) if you are Lead. 4) Job Security at all levels 5) Share Purchase option is good plan. 6) Fixed Pay structure so no variable concept which makes in hand (Take home) salary good.
1) For freshers or 3-4 yrs experience associates - Low pay compared to others companies 2) Very short or no travel opportunities depending on project need (only to Sr. Members 3) Can be required to sit idle for 3-5 Months if hired for pool projects. 4) Slow speed work culture 5) No Onsite as the company working model is not like TCS, Infy or Capgeminir or Cognizant. They are similar to CSC. 6) No much structured training plans for experience associates and fresher.1
- 4.0Jul 4, 2023Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
Good Environment to work with and latest automation Technologies and Potential Domain to explore and get knowledge.
Technology,Work Culture,Opportunities across globe,Management,Collaborations,Work life balance
- 4.0Nov 17, 2020Associate Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Good work environment and ethics. Team members are generally helpful. Good work life balance which is very important
Hikes have to be improved.
- 2.0Dec 15, 2010ConsultantCurrent Employee
Very telecommute friendly and the actual work environment is very good. There seems to be a plethora of internal positions available (see note in cons).
The perceived lack of promotion potential. The lack of a clear path to promotion. The evaluation process is in place, but not used. Raises are decided prior to evaluations being completed (if they even are completed). There is quite a bit of confusion in the internal placement process.1
- 3.0Sep 14, 2020Solution ArchitectFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
CGI provides a repectful and good environment to work. It supports employees to help deliver the best and have a balanced work life
At times the company is too professional and starts laying of employees when it doesn't have enough work to keep them engaged 100%
- 4.0Dec 5, 2021Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
Good Place for a fresher to start career. Good work environment for experienced professionals to learn and improve themselves by learning new technologies and work on.
Salary need to be Normalized as per IT market