CGI Employee Reviews about "no work life"
78% would recommend to a friend
(304 total reviews)
George D. Schindler
88% approve of CEO
Found 304 of over 18K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "1. Good work life balance: usually can get off work on time and no calls on weekends." (in 1484 reviews)
- "The people that you work closely with are often great people and fun to be around." (in 582 reviews)
- "Good benefits and easy to get onto service desk for a first step into an IT career" (in 570 reviews)
- "Good learning place and flexible to do work from home." (in 486 reviews)
- "Work culture is good........you don't need to sit on desk for 9 hours." (in 414 reviews)
- "Salary itself will be low and very less hike" (in 846 reviews)
- "Management is poor and not communicate very well to employees" (in 565 reviews)
- "No structured salary for different job groups Pay scale is low as compared to other organizations in market" (in 375 reviews)
- "but if you are under a bad manager then your hikes will not be good." (in 269 reviews)
- "No training And development plan" (in 178 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of CGI and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "no work life"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0May 24, 2021Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Big company nothing no benifits
Very high work presure without any extra perks. Poor work life balance increament is also not good for most of the employees
- 4.0Apr 24, 2018Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsHyderābād
It has strong revenue which is very reliable. Good learning opportunities Pay is okay.. But if you have any special skill set you can get very very good pay Hike is that great Good environment for those who can use available opportunities Good onsite opportunities Good for Female employees
Work life balance is not that great but it all depends on which project and under which manager you are working
- 3.0Oct 17, 2021Senior ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Good work environment and culture. Teammates are supportive, and the management is transparent.
There is a lot of politics and the management doesn't address our issues. Little work life balance and no paid overtime
- 3.0Jun 14, 2021Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
You will always be respected Better learnings in initial phase
Do not expect much pay hike unless you are promoted. It is all in the hands of managers & directors to decide on your hike no matter how hard you work. Work life balance isn't there is many projects and you are expected to be available for atleast 15-16hrs. You receive onsite opportunity but will not receive hike because of it and travel process atleast takes 2 + years. Market standards are being followed in salary but not in amount of work.
- 3.0Jun 15, 2023Full Stack EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
good company shift timings will be depending on client and almost canadian shifts
work life balance depends on Manager and client no cab service door to door
- 1.0Jun 17, 2016Senior Systems EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBengaluru
Good thing is colleagues support and good environment.
Local politics at low level management need to change and work life and personnel life balance is too bad need to improve on that.
- 4.0Mar 5, 2015Lead AnalystFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsMumbai
Great founders, values and good corporate leadership Nice share purchase plan for employees Stable projects with a great pipeline and good order book
Values do not percolate to down the management chain Too much middle management and bureaucracy Not enough interesting work or projects or opportunities Employees who last here long lose their cutting edge and will find it difficult to work elsewhere The star employees have no work life balance and the ones that slack off enjoy at their expense. Slackers just there to make up billing numbers. Compensation is below market standard
- 1.0Nov 8, 2022HousingFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Honestly, none. They pay people with the same title completely different amounts that are all over the board regardless of experience. Job description means nothing at this company. Your job description will not match what you are doing whoever. You will more than likely be doing the job of multiple people and not compensated for it.
Completely understaffed. Meanwhile you will be given more and more work and responsibilities. HR does not listen to your concerns, they are cold and are in no way there for you. Management can talk to you however they wish and bully you, The job that is presented to you is grossly false. Certain people are treated completely different and immune to the workloads....and that's OK with CGI's culture. There is no work/life balance and that is the norm and what is expected from you.2