CGI Employee Reviews about "work from home"
78% would recommend to a friend
(785 total reviews)
George D. Schindler
88% approve of CEO
Found 785 of over 18K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "1. Good work life balance: usually can get off work on time and no calls on weekends." (in 1465 reviews)
- "The people that you work closely with are often great people and fun to be around." (in 582 reviews)
- "Good benefits and easy to get onto service desk for a first step into an IT career" (in 576 reviews)
- "Work from home is good one" (in 484 reviews)
- "Work culture is good........you don't need to sit on desk for 9 hours." (in 407 reviews)
- "Low salary for the average technical positions (developers and IT consultants) compared to other similar companies in Lisbon." (in 834 reviews)
- "Management is poor and not communicate very well to employees" (in 564 reviews)
- "No structured salary for different job groups Pay scale is low as compared to other organizations in market" (in 365 reviews)
- "but if you are under a bad manager then your hikes will not be good." (in 271 reviews)
- "No training And development plan" (in 160 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of CGI and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work from home"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Apr 13, 2019Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearHyderābād
Cool place, friendly environment, work life balance, peaceful , SPP plan
No work from home for insurance and banking domain projects and it is not a cons
- 4.0Dec 11, 2008ConsultantCurrent EmployeeBirmingham, AL
Very flexible company that is very respectful to all its members. They also have training on a regular basis that you can sign up for with approval from your manager. It's important to attend all the ones you can so when you project is up it'll be easier for you to find placement. They are also very understanding to your need if you need to work from home or step out of the office for a second. All in all the people are nice and the company is great. I would recommend them to any college newhire looking for a job.
Compensation isn't competitive and there any many chances to learn new technology. Some people also abuse the freedom they are given. They also do not plan well around project close outs as it's easy to be laid off if they don't find you an assignment three weeks after, with that said it's important to network within the company so when you time is up you have a lot of people that will have you back to make sure you are still apart of the company. Also it's easy to get 100% travel projects all in a row; however, more travel models are good.
- 4.0Jun 12, 2017Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
- Streamlined company policies - Lot of fun and sports activities - Good pay - Onsite opportunities (To mainly Europe) - Yearly PPP (Profit sharing) is almost always > 100% - Work from home option
- If hired at a decent pay, your yearly hike will most certainly come down and the reason would be 'Your salary is already more than the company standard' :) - You may not land up into the best projects and this is purely luck. Same goes with the project managers. Some are good and some are not so. - Getting work from home option is not easy to get and it all depends on the manager.1
- 4.0Sep 24, 2016Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLafayette, LA
Cgi is a flexible company that allows you to work from home and gives you the ability to drive your own career.
Salary and benefits are not the most competitive to the industry. This causes people who are really talented to look elsewhere.1
- 3.0Nov 29, 2016Senior ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsHalifax, NS
Access to contracts nationally; Consistent pay; Overtime paid of contract pays it; Work from home programs (full time at higher levels)
Consistently poor management; inter-group competition (business units compete against each other in some cases maliciously for share of corporate bonus structure); you will be easily forgotten if you do your job (poorly or exceedingly well) - don't expect recognition where it counts - overall salary; multi-year salary freezes and "missed" profit sharing targets while corporate profitability soars and stock price flourishes.
- 4.0Jan 21, 2011ConsultantFormer EmployeeMarkham, ON
the nature of work is very client driven, there were many months when I didn't even have to worry about interacting with my resource manager. Flexible work schedule including the possibility of working from home once you can work out a rapport with the client.
deadline driven culture, you may have to put in a lot of extra time on evenings/weekends if the project is a mess. Overtime pay depends on your pecking order, anyone north of Senior Consultant doesn't get to make OT even though they have to work.
- 3.0Jun 25, 2014Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
work from home and suitable company for 10+ exp and who are planning to settle down at one place
poor management and lot of politics. no transparency in appraisals
- 2.0Aug 4, 2013Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBengaluru
Pay is good Work from home(both good and bad)
Bad management Too much of Micro management Bad HR policies(HR's are unavailable most of the time) Mail culture which demotivates employees Demoralising attitude of supervisors Future doesn't look good after Logica acquisition3