CGN Global Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2019

3.5
CGN Global President & Founding Partner  Seshadri Guha
Seshadri Guha
  1. "I worked there for over 10 years and was very happy with my experiences there."

Former Contractor - Associate Project Manager in Peoria, IL

I worked at CGN Global for more than 8 years

Pros

The company always listens to its employees and more often then not will change its activities to help the employees out.

Cons

Hard to get raises, they are there, but it takes a while to get them.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, they really want to help the company with hits practices.

CGN Global2014-04-23

"Develop overall consulting skills"

Former Employee - Manager in Peoria, IL

I worked at CGN Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Can be brought onto different projects to grow skillset in various areas - New ideas and initiatives are well received within teams - Opportunities to get in front of the client being early

Cons

- Reviews can be more consistent and not changed every 2 years - Upper leadership does not delegate new initiatives well and creates a bottleneck for progress in certain areas - Lots of travel

Advice to Management

Create a structure where the top leaders are strategic, and allow the lower leads and below to implement needed operational change and ideas without having to get approval for every aspect.

CGN Global2019-11-19

"Great place for a Career!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CGN Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

CGN is a great place to start a career. Everyone is super helpful and smart. The training, mentorship, and opportunities were numerous and varied. Good to work with high quality co-workers. The culture is very collaborative. The people are its biggest asset. Inclusive culture, growth and leadership opportunities, flexible work arrangements, strong brand recognition, Remote work opportunities. Leadership is very respectful of work-life balance. Benefits are fantastic. Partly remote work helps to balance busier times. You are truly given independence to make decisions for your programs, but support is there if you need it or ask for it.

Cons

Heavy travel, but you get to keep all the points and miles.

CGN Global2019-11-19

"Horrible company to work with, no idea how this company is still functioning"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CGN Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can get to work on multiple projects with one multi-national firm

Cons

You only get to work with one client, they just don't have any else Leaders don't have a clue of what they are doing Management is very arrogant and insensitive Going bankrupt any day

CGN Global2019-02-20

"Aspiring company, but fails to diversify...all eggs in one basket.."

Senior Manager in Peoria, IL

I worked at CGN Global

Pros

Good company to start your career in consulting. Relies heavily on execution management - which I believe is where the rubber hits the road. The company through its great execution work has out-bid bigger consulting companies like ATK and Deloitte..

Cons

Few - but - major 1) All eggs are in one basket (atleast until 2013) - One major client drives lot of the companies revenue. It goes to say, if the client sneezes, CGN gets a fever..(no pun intended) 2) Upper management sometimes is given lot of control to decide who gets promoted and who doesn't. Fakers have made it here - which can be a case in any other company. But I feel, a smaller firm like CGN should take active participation in progression planning of their resources - the only byproduct of CGN are the ideas created by their people. So investing in them actively is a must... I am one of the more fortunate ex-employees of the company. Fortunate in the sense, I owned my career plan, I showed good work and so got very good support. But I have seen my peers and junior not being able to get to that level.

Advice to Management

I have faith in this company and upper management and I am hopeful.

CGN Global2016-08-04

"Good place to launch a career in management consulting"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CGN Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CGN is a good place to launch a career in consulting. The company provides you with great opportunities for professional advancement. Unlike working in larger consulting companies, you are exposed to a wide variety of projects which helps develop cross-functional skills. You also get to work with some of the smartest people you will meet in your career. Innovation and new ideas are highly encouraged by the top management and the company provides you with the freedom to execute the ideas.

Cons

As is typical of most consulting companies, work hours could be long based on project requirements and deadlines. Work pressure is high as often you have to work in an unstructured environment but CGN also provides you with the flexibility to manage your time.

CGN Global2014-06-20

"Disappointing place to work"

Former Employee - Managing Principal in Peoria, IL

I worked at CGN Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a job with a pay check

Cons

No integrity...very untrustworthy. Executive management hasn't got a clue how to grow business or build/support a strong team.

Advice to Management

Integrity is everything in this business. Professional people will contribute their best when they feel their efforts are appreciated...and that they are actually a true valued member of the team.

CGN Global2014-05-16

"Temporary Shelter till you get something...."

Manager in Peoria, IL

I have been working at CGN Global

Pros

1. Small company in size and can get easily recognized for your work if politics are not a hindrance. 2. Great manufacturing client and looks good on the resume (resume builder) and helps you in the future for nailing big brand names in the industry. 3. Might get you an European exposure as they have some projects in Europe with the same client. 4. Hires quite a few talented, qualified individuals as employees though they all leave the company in a year or two. 5. Approachability to the higher management because of the company size. 6. A step in the door to the consulting world for starters.

Cons

Plenty to share...... 1. Really a stop gap company for individuals till they get something worthwhile..... 2. Really lack client diversity...though the website lists a lot of names 3. Horrible HR policies....no idea about employee concerns and issues. 4. Middle management and senior management is totally lacking knowledge and professionalism. They usually have no idea about the vertical they have projects in. 5. Opportunity to learn in CGN is very limited for those individuals looking to learn and grow (80% of the learning is from the client, a great brand name). 6. Exploitative nature of the middle and upper management. No concern about work life balance of the employees and their personal time. Treatment to their subordinates by some managers is horrendous to say the least ( unprofessional, rude, non-political). Yelling, shouting by the senior management is a common scene. 7. Pay is sub standard in the industry and stagnant over a period of years. (Young graduates might get carried away by the lure of incentives but it can be taken away (stopped) any time.) 8. Since managers are clueless about the client needs, the consultants and Sr. consultants end up doing lot of non value added work and which may never be needed by the customer. This results in long hours for the lower level employees. 9. Very few fair managers.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees right. Respect their work-life balance and atleast pay them by the industry standards. Make it an organization where employees can grow rather than where employees are always looking for better opportunities.

CGN Global2010-11-04

"Good Organisation, Good people."

Current Employee - Managing Principal in Bangalore

I have been working at CGN Global full-time

Pros

Great people, good work ethic. The team is very committed even in the most difficult of times.

Cons

Small organisation so getting clients in is a struggle. Establishing credibility of delivery takes time

Advice to Management

Nothing specific. The comments that are personal in nature in the other negative reactions are completely unwarranted and offensive in nature. I wish the people that posted these comments had the courtesy and decency to state their professional dissatisfaction and issues without getting into personal insults. I am very thankful that these individuals have left the firm.

CGN Global2016-07-12