CGN Global Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CGN Global President & Founding Partner Seshadri Guha
Seshadri Guha

Pros
  • Collaborative work environment that is building innovative solutions for businesses every day (in 7 reviews)

• In short, great school for young professionals and offers great opportunity to 'make change happen' for experienced ones (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Very unprofessional senior management in the company (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management sometimes is given lot of control to decide who gets promoted and who doesn't (in 5 reviews)

"Great company"

I have been working at CGN Global full-time

Pros

CGN Global is a great company to work. You can develop skills participating in a wide range of projects for small and large companies.

Cons

As it is a consulting firm, it is not easy to see other employees in different places. You will have to travel a lot for projects.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the great management. I am always happy to work at CGN Global. I believe we will do well down the road.

Nov 21, 2016 – Chief Evangelist

Appreciate your positive feedback...please ensure you continue to inform you manager on how we can improve.

"Does anyone have a rudder for rent ?"

Pros

If the company survives another 10 years they may stumble across a solution.

Cons

The organization's management broadly suffers from an inability to execute or define their own strategy.

Advice to Management

Find/define a path. A shotgun approach of trying to be everything to anybody until something sticks should not be confused with a business plan.

Nov 21, 2016 – Chief Evangelist

Appreciate your insight. As CGN is dedicated to continuing to improve our processes, services, training, we like to hear the good, bad and the ugly. Your review seems to fall into the latter. That ... More

"Hard working & extremely talented team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I have been working at CGN Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work with and learn from a very knowledgeable and dedicated team. Everyone I worked with was very supportive and helpful when I was getting up to speed. No one is afraid of putting in extra hours to make sure projects are finished on time and are top notch. The work environment is pretty flexible, which is a plus.

Cons

I have had a great experience so far. I would encourage leadership to continue to communicate with the overall team on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on collaboration and learning. The new lunch and learn program is a great addition to the work week.

Nov 21, 2016 – Chief Evangelist

Appreciate the positive feedback and insight. In the coming months, based upon your comment, we do plan to increase the amount of leadership communication.

"Aspiring company, but fails to diversify...all eggs in one basket.."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Peoria, IL

Pros

Good company to start your career in consulting. Relies heavily on execution management - which I believe is where the rubber hits the road. The company through its great execution work has out-bid bigger consulting companies like ATK and Deloitte..

Cons

Few - but - major

1) All eggs are in one basket (atleast until 2013) - One major client drives lot of the companies revenue. It goes to say, if the client sneezes, CGN gets a fever..(no pun intended)
    2) Upper management sometimes is given lot of control to decide who gets promoted and who doesn't. Fakers have made it here - which can be a case in any other company. But I feel, a smaller firm like CGN should take active participation in progression planning of their resources - the only byproduct of CGN are the ideas created by their people. So investing in them actively is a must...
    I am one of the more fortunate ex-employees of the company. Fortunate in the sense, I owned my career plan, I showed good work and so got very good support. But I have seen my peers and junior not being able to get to that level.

Advice to Management

I have faith in this company and upper management and I am hopeful.

"Not recommended"

Pros

Very flat organization with accessible management; Opportunity to explore your interests; Project variety; Employees can "chart their own course"

Cons

Leadership hears feedback but doesn't listen; Volatile work environment (yelling, screaming); Creativity stifled; Leadership is dishonest and selfish; Business is mismanaged resulting in little job security; Attrition rate is (and always has been) through the roof

Advice to Management

Foster your all-stars. Treat them with respect and give them autonomy and support to grow. Treat them well and they will repay you with loyalty. Be reflexive about why all your best talent is leaving the company.

Nov 21, 2016 – Chief Evangelist

We appreciate your insight and feedback. Although negative, we do hope that while you were at CGN you shared your candid feedback with your manager. We're sorry CGN was not the right fit for you ... More

"Fun and Collaborative Workplace"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CGN Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since day one, my opinion has been valued by everyone at CGN. The entrepreneurial work environment allows me to continuously accelerate my growth and responsibility at the company. CGN truly invests in me and appreciates my desire for a work-life mixture.

Cons

We have a lot of internal meetings and sometimes too many collaboration sessions. Sometimes is difficult to find time to get tasks done during the day.

Advice to Management

No dress code and need more marketing material/ branded items that can be shared with clients or even wore into the office/ out in public

"No place to build a career"

I worked at CGN Global full-time

Pros

Given a lot of responsibility on projects and a lot of client interaction

Cons

Very poor compensation; in-fact, CGN is currently going through their 2nd round of massive pay cuts in the last 5 years (all Consulting employees are taking 9%-30% pay cuts)
    Very poor internal management and communication
    Management cannot be counted on to keep their word (including applying for employment visas for employees)

Advice to Management

Act like the good consulting firms and treat your employees like assets, not cost centers.
    If you won't communicate with your own employees, how can you build a culture of respect?
    Your word is your reputation; keep it, especially on things such as employment visas on which your employees are making life altering decisions.

Aug 3, 2016 – Chief Evangelist

We appreciate your feedback. As a global firm, we are dedicated to continuous improvement. We are constantly striving to capture feedback and invest deeply in the careers of our people. Parting ... More

"Associate Partner"

Former Employee - Associate Partner in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Partner in Chicago, IL

Pros

not able to think of a pro

Cons

Leadership makes a lot of plans, but fails to follow through. CEO wants everyone to agree with him. Puts friends in power position. Threatened by people that know more/have more experience or who don't blind agree with what he thinks should happen.

Aug 3, 2016 – Chief Evangelist

Candidly, parting ways can be hard, and endings can leave ill feelings. For that, we wish it turned out differently. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Solid business with a solid future"

Current Employee - Consultant in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Peoria, IL

I have been working at CGN Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative work environment that is building innovative solutions for businesses every day. The company's new advances in business analytics are making them a well respected competitor and is a visual representation of the innovative thinking that goes into every day work.

From a work environment perspective, CGN is a flat environment, where they embrace a "best idea wins" strategy. It does not matter is you have been working for the firm 2 months or 15 years, if it is a good idea that is concrete and sound, it is implemented. The organization is fast paced and eager to compete and provide solutions.

Cons

Hours can be a little long sometimes. However, consulting, in general, is not a 9 to 5 job. Embrace the collaborative atmosphere, and you will succeed.

Advice to Management

The company consistently develops innovative material and service. Continue to push those efforts. Innovation in every aspect of business is a required theme that if utilized properly now, will lead to great success in the future.

"The future is bright...work here!"

I have been working at CGN Global full-time

Pros

Fabulous professional opportunities with spectacular client projects, competitive compensation, wonderful benefits, and talented people to work alongside. CGN is always encouraging training and promoting from within…absolutely the best professionals in their fields and a company with great core values. A perfect place to work whether you are starting your career or trying to climb the corporate ladder within your field.

Cons

Be ready to work and show-off your talent. Not a place for mundane easy 9-5ers. Consulting can at times have a full schedule under tight client deadlines. It is a challenge that some thrive under and others might see as stressful. Luckily, our Project Management helps all to thrive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with networking to melt our global consulting culture to keep us on a successful path internally and externally.