CGN Global "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

CGN Global Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated May 9, 2019

3.6
CGN Global CEO Seshadri Guha
Seshadri Guha
Pros
  • "Collaborative work environment that is building innovative solutions for businesses every day(in 8 reviews)

• "Able to learn a lot in a short amount of time(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management lie through their back teeth and make empty promises, both to consultants and client(in 9 reviews)

• "Upper management sometimes is given lot of control to decide who gets promoted and who doesn't(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Tons of Opportunity"

Former Employee - Strategy Consultant

I worked at CGN Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

There was a lot of opportunity to learn quick and fast. Family-like work environment. Was able to work with a bunch of very smart people both internally and client facing.

Cons

No direction from upper management.

Advice to Management

Diversify. Need to have more transparency within the different levels of management.

CGN Global2019-05-09

"Hard working & extremely talented team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I have been working at CGN Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work with and learn from a very knowledgeable and dedicated team. Everyone I worked with was very supportive and helpful when I was getting up to speed. No one is afraid of putting in extra hours to make sure projects are finished on time and are top notch. The work environment is pretty flexible, which is a plus.

Cons

I have had a great experience so far. I would encourage leadership to continue to communicate with the overall team on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on collaboration and learning. The new lunch and learn program is a great addition to the work week.

CGN Global2016-08-08

"Not recommended"

I worked at CGN Global

Pros

Very flat organization with accessible management; Opportunity to explore your interests; Project variety; Employees can "chart their own course"

Cons

Leadership hears feedback but doesn't listen; Volatile work environment (yelling, screaming); Creativity stifled; Leadership is dishonest and selfish; Business is mismanaged resulting in little job security; Attrition rate is (and always has been) through the roof

Advice to Management

Foster your all-stars. Treat them with respect and give them autonomy and support to grow. Treat them well and they will repay you with loyalty. Be reflexive about why all your best talent is leaving the company.

CGN Global2016-08-04

"Fun and Collaborative Workplace"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CGN Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since day one, my opinion has been valued by everyone at CGN. The entrepreneurial work environment allows me to continuously accelerate my growth and responsibility at the company. CGN truly invests in me and appreciates my desire for a work-life mixture.

Cons

We have a lot of internal meetings and sometimes too many collaboration sessions. Sometimes is difficult to find time to get tasks done during the day.

Advice to Management

No dress code and need more marketing material/ branded items that can be shared with clients or even wore into the office/ out in public

CGN Global2016-06-17

"Solid business with a solid future"

Current Employee - Consultant in Peoria, IL

I have been working at CGN Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative work environment that is building innovative solutions for businesses every day. The company's new advances in business analytics are making them a well respected competitor and is a visual representation of the innovative thinking that goes into every day work. From a work environment perspective, CGN is a flat environment, where they embrace a "best idea wins" strategy. It does not matter is you... have been working for the firm 2 months or 15 years, if it is a good idea that is concrete and sound, it is implemented. The organization is fast paced and eager to compete and provide solutions.

Cons

Hours can be a little long sometimes. However, consulting, in general, is not a 9 to 5 job. Embrace the collaborative atmosphere, and you will succeed.

Advice to Management

The company consistently develops innovative material and service. Continue to push those efforts. Innovation in every aspect of business is a required theme that if utilized properly now, will lead to great success in the future.

CGN Global2016-05-12

"Poor Management"

I worked at CGN Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting, smart people outside of management. Customer work is interesting.

Cons

Management not very good at growing the business or providing a challenging work environment.

CGN Global2016-02-27

"A good place to work and a good experience in consulting business."

I have been working at CGN Global part-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent pay (hourly, for me), good work environment, nice people from all over the world, good coffee

Cons

They did take a little while to get back to me about whether or not I was hired, other than that nothing that bad about CGN Global.

CGN Global2014-08-11

"Flexible, fun work enviroment. Innovative, strategic company"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Peoria, IL

I have been working at CGN Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working here for almost three years and thoroughly enjoy the flexibility, challenges, and innovations of my job. Almost everyday I am challenged with new opportunities and unique projects. This small to midsize company has a global reach with a positive work environment and many opportunities to expand your professional expertise.

Cons

With innovation, comes lots of change. The many areas and industries of our business tend to expand/retract based on the ever constant changing marketplace.

CGN Global2014-05-30

"Salaries and incentives are not reviewed in a systematic manner, very low pay scale."

Current Employee - Consultant in Peoria, IL

I have been working at CGN Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most CGN projects are with Caterpillar Inc. Get a very basic introduction to the consulting work culture. CGN provides the opportunity to work in different departments within Caterpillar.

Cons

Promotions and bonus' are rare. Company has a very in competitive work environment. Caterpillar cannot hire CGN employees since CGN gets their new employees to sign an agreement with them, preventing them from moving to Caterpillar.

Advice to Management

Company is Top Management Heavy, they need to hire people that can actually do the work on the ground, and need a much stronger marketing team.

CGN Global2013-03-08

"Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative Executive in Bangalore

I have been working at CGN Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

-New things to learn every day - Diverse work environment - Good management & highly skilled people

Cons

My experience has been a life changer in CGN i don't have any cons to share

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

CGN Global2016-07-14