CH2M Reviews | Glassdoor

CH2M CEO Jacqueline Hinman
Jacqueline Hinman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Many full-time employees work remotely--good for work life balance but bad for forming relationships since in-person interaction is inconsistent (in 21 reviews)

• Upper management feels out of touch with how we do business (in 44 reviews)

"Worst comps y I've ever dealt with"

Former Employee - Senior Electrical Designer in Malta, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Electrical Designer in Malta, NY

I worked at CH2M full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job they gave me money. Stay away

Cons

Every night you we t home with the feeling today is the last day.

Dishonest manage.ent, they regularly live to their employeez

There is no culture of teaching or collaboration, everyone runs around covering their own butt

I developed a kidney disease, it is minor but as soon as management found out I was fired, for no reason.

They descriminatte against older employees

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans

"Environmental Scientist"

Pros

Some great people if you search hard enough.

Cons

Low salary, competitive co workers, horrible micromanagement.

"The CEO drove us to the ground"

I worked at CH2M full-time

Pros

Once a great company, not much left of that great culture, leadership and customer focus...

Cons

We had a great company. The last two CEOs drove us to the ground to the point that we couldn't keep the lights on- and had to sell to the Jacobs. The last CEO wasn't qualified for the job. She got that job by marrying the best friend of the CEO before her. She left with a big compensation package while many employees will lose their jobs.

"CH2M- GE Facilities Services Program"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CH2M full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A working model of a dysfunctional office where you can learn what type of management to stay away from in your future career.

Cons

• Middle management has created a culture of negativity, intimidation, and miscommunication, supported by cronyism and division between employees.
    • Upper management supports middle management while “working from home” with no clue of the office’s problems, processes or morale, waiting for their next promotion to get them away from this program.
    • Management is reactionary, with frequent strategy and process changes on non-fact-based whim.
    • There is high turnover with no training or system of recognition to retain talent. This creates overwhelming workload for the remaining team.
    • Management has favorites. If you are not in this group, you will be rewarded with this additional, less desirable workload.
    • Managers sulk, lock themselves in their office and refuse to talk to subordinates after receiving poor performance reviews.
    • Managers start some meetings with statements such as, “If any of this gets out of this room, you will be terminated.” And end some meetings with statements such as, “And if you don’t like it, you should leave.”
    • Overall, the opposite of continuous improvement.

Advice to Management

Jacobs has recently acquired CH2M. Hopefully, they will continue the GE Aviation Facilities Services Program so that this current management group is contained, preventing them from corrupting the rest of the workforce.

"Lab Analyst / Administrative Specialist"

I worked at CH2M full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

OMI was a great company to work for ... before OMI was incorporated into the CH2M fold then it all started going downhill.

Cons

No sick leave, lousy raises, the management and staff were totally separate and nearly any or all perks were for the upper management. I could go on ...

"Company has been run into the ground"

I worked at CH2M full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had great benefits to start but slowly went away as the top dogs sucked the life out of the company with their extravagant retirement, benefits and HUGE bonuses.

Cons

Greedy top dogs that ruined the company but wrote themselves a wonderful "golden parachute" agreement to be fully vested in all retirement,benefits and financial plans and continue to receive their hefty bonuses into next year (2018) for running the company into the ground.

Advice to Management

Idiots don't listen anyways and here we are, employees and stockholders getting the shaft of reduced value in stock with Jacobs or selling our CH2M stock that has taken a nosedive because of mismanagement all while the gold nuggets at the top walk away with 100% of their retirement, benefits and bonuses.

7. "Operator In Training"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at CH2M as a contractor

Pros

People are nice, free Thurs Lunches

Cons

Micromanagers, laziness is tolerated , unprofessional managers. i got let go by email for no reason 2 weeks after I started.

"Facilities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

I worked at CH2M full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many jobs available via contract.

Cons

Lack of professional management. Most upper level managers have an Associates' degree or no college education. Poor management above the Manager level within the organization.

Advice to Management

Hire the right people for the right jobs. Get rid of the Old Boy system.

9. "Lab Analyst"

I worked at CH2M full-time

Pros

Christmas bonus at the end of the year.

Cons

Horrible work environment, politics keep you on edge.

Advice to Management

If you're a woman don't even bother with this company.

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - Heavy Duty Oiler, Materials, Labored, Insulator in Prudhoe Bay, AK

I worked at CH2M full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Time off, provides work clothes, discounts

Cons

Management, managements, management! I started out with veco, then ch2mhill bought them out. Ever since ch2 bought out veco it slowly got worse and worse. I worked a total of 10 years with the company. I worked rotational work in a remote part of Alaska. I have never been a schmoozer I have always let my work speak for me. It seems like it doesn't matter how horrible of an employee you are, as long as you are buddy buddy with the mucky mucks you are safe. Then there were these procedure roll outs by someone who has never worked in the environment or knows nothing about the actual work. So much money was wasted on stuff like new procedures. So when employees do an amazing job and their reviews are great but there are no raises because there is no money in the budget because someone comes up with what they think is a good idea yet have no experience, maybe you should rethink that. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Advice to Management

Before deciding who to lay off, you should look at performance before deciding. I understand the oil industry isn't your forte but don't try to run a construction company like a corporate office.

Showing 157 of 1,142 reviews