KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CH2M-WG Reviews

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Found 3 of over 3 reviews

4.5
CH2M-WG President Mike McKelvy (no image)
Mike McKelvy

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Feb 16, 2017 - Assembly Line Worker in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Continual training that teaches importance of safe work.

Cons

Lot's of union employees who think they deserve to be employed. Sometimes it's like being at an adult daycare.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

One of the most rewarding jobs I have had

May 2, 2016 - Principal Engineer in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

The central engineering team was structured in such a way that engineers were assigned to projects as needs arose. Project managers would go to each of the discipline leads to assign project support based on skills and availability. This was great for me as I enjoyed a variety of different projects.

Cons

Having come from general industry, I found the timeline for projects to be drawn out. I always found myself wishing we could speed things up and get on with the next phase of design. Due to fluctuations in DOE funding, there was always the fear that project funding would be cut.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Wonderful technical challenges, but everybody is on their way out the door.

Aug 15, 2012 - Engineer in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Very goal-oriented (this has downsides too) and focused company. 2. A broad range of technical problems desperately needing innovative solutions

Cons

1. From the beginning (2005) was a sequence of layoffs as the cleanup contract was worked off. 2. U.S. DOE contractors are always at the whip end of politics, including between Congress and the Administration, between DOE and the State of Idaho, and within DOE. 3. DOE repeatedly funded projects, then cancelled them, then reinstated them, then cancelled them; this is extremely demoralizing, disruptive, and costly in terms of employee talent

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews

CH2M-WG Reviews FAQs

73% of CH2M-WG employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CH2M-WG 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CH2M-WG to be culture, management, career development and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.