CHAN Healthcare Auditors Reviews | Glassdoor

CHAN Healthcare Auditors Reviews

Updated Apr 3, 2019

2.6
CHAN Healthcare Auditors CEO Sarah Cole (no image)
Sarah Cole
Pros
Cons
  • "Faith based means fundamentalist religion according to an elite few within the company(in 6 reviews)

• "Management was stilted under the old regime (prior to Crowe Horwath purchase)(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Firm"

I have been working at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules and great support for success

Cons

Project based work that can get busy sometimes. It is the nature of consulting

CHAN Healthcare Auditors2018-08-23

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Audit Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time for more than a year

Pros

The salary is decent and the healthcare benefits are some of the best.

Cons

Although there are some genuinely nice people that work for CHAN, it’s still a snakepit and backstabbing environment. Senior leadership wants to sit on their butt while forcing staff to drum up new business and perform audits simultaneously without extra compensation! That’s crazy.

Advice to Management

Too too heavy and not enough staff. Get off your lazy butts and generate new business, that’s what you’re getting paid those inflated salaries to do!!! Hopefully Crowe has caught onto their act and cleaned house.

CHAN Healthcare Auditors2019-04-03
  3. "Great Team"

Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team work, and company communications. Salary commensurate with experience.

Cons

Health benefits costly. 401K match is not as generous as other companies.

CHAN Healthcare Auditors2019-02-14

"Terrible; Do Not Work For Period!"

Former Employee - Client Based Audit Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no positive comments. I went into work almost everyday and no one said a word to me.

Cons

I was recruited by CHAN...heavily. When I started there were layoff for engagement based auditors..I was told it did not apply because we were Client Based Auditors and that was what our client absolutely wanted. Plus I was in an location in which had already changed with the model. I did not think nothing of it but my eyebrow was raised. Then my coworker came in one day and all of a sudden was let go...I really... was concerned very concerned. Fast forward 3 months, I came in to work and I was on a client call and my Sr Manager was urging me to take a call and I was so confused because I was in the middle of speaking with the client. I took the call and I was told that I was being laid off effective almost immediately and then the line went silent and the call ended. What was more humiliating is that you could see every person that was invited to that call so you knew who did and did not get laid off. I can say alot of things negative about the culture but how that situation was handled from a leadership perspective shows you the culture and the lack of value in people.

Advice to Management

Get new leadership with empathy and class from Sr Manager to the CEO.

CHAN Healthcare Auditors2018-08-19

"Crowe Horwath killed the previous culture"

Former Employee - Risk Consulting in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work remotely, Health Benefits, Dress based on your day, casual or business if facing clients.

Cons

Where to start? Since Crowe took over, many many great people, workers, and leaders, have fled, or been sterilized with office politics. They could see what was coming. Are you on the CEO's team, or not. CHAN was always profitable, but charitable. With Crowe it's all about the money, lip service to charity, lip service to the way CHAN used to be, serving our clients and each other like family. Since 2014, they have... systematically erased almost everything CHAN represented, and anyone who didn't bow to the Crowe model.

Advice to Management

None, keep hiring the kids out of college...chew them up, spit them out. They don't know any better. The good ones do, and flee. CHAN had the reputation of professional experience, that's what clients paid for. When David retired as CEO, I can't imagine he intended for CHAN to turn into the Deathstar.

CHAN Healthcare Auditors2018-07-25
  6. "Manager"

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is supportive of personal growth

Cons

Lack of defined paths for progression

CHAN Healthcare Auditors2017-12-06
  7. "IT Audit Manager"

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time

Pros

The on-site team members were great to work with

Cons

The IT audit group is fragmented and does not operate as team

Advice to Management

Senior Managers should have people skills

CHAN Healthcare Auditors2017-06-30
  8. "Overall pretty good"

I have been working at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time

Pros

Great salary. Good people to work with. Crowe benefits are very nice.

Cons

Rocky road integrating with Crowe Horwath. Annual review / bonus / promotion process is not very transparent.

CHAN Healthcare Auditors2017-05-11

"Senior Manager"

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors

Pros

Competitive salary although minimal distinction between manager and senior manager compensation.

Cons

Disconnected and disengaged management lacking basic leadership and employee development skills. Focused on obtaining new clients and not retaining current. Number of audits performed outweighs value added and meeting client needs.

Advice to Management

Solidify and strengthen existing client relationships. Evaluate CHAN management via client leadership feedback. If the client doesn't know the director, VP or SVP to whom you're referring, consider that a red flag.

CHAN Healthcare Auditors2017-01-06

"5 Years of Dysfunction"

Former Employee - Audit Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent starting wage. Great talent among their Audit Managers. Great Resources to complete audits. Annual conferences are a great idea, but are greatly underutilized. Great HR Team.

Cons

Upper Management leaves much to be desired. Bonuses, promotions and annual raises are just as fictitious as unicorns. I’ve seen Directors take credit for subordinate's work to get their bonuses. I had one director who was so verbally abusive, that employees left her team-meetings in tears. There was a lot of turnover during her reign. After I reported her behavior to the VP (in accordance with policy), she was... finally demoted, (not fired) and left to work with the team. That process took a whole year. Unfortunately, she was quite disgruntled when she worked with the team, and caused a lot of havoc. I personally experienced a lot of retaliation from her. The new Director took credit for a lot of my work including winning a $300k consulting engagement with the client. The CHAN VP never knew I was responsible for many things my director presented to her. When it came time for bonuses, he never supported his staff. Instead, I was told I was blackballed by the VP for reporting my previous director’s behavior. My director told me that he was quoting the VP when he said employment is at will. There’s been a lot of turnover during his reign as well. I'm leaving CHAN believing I’ve been ripped off for over $15k in lost bonuses and raises that I earned. I firmly believe the future of CHAN as it is currently organized is quite limited if it continues down this current path. Crowe definitely needs to clean firmly house as far as upper management is concerned and start from scratch.

Advice to Management

Crowe needs to fire current management, and start from scratch.

CHAN Healthcare Auditors2016-12-04