CHE Senior Psychological Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
CHE Senior Psychological Services Executive Bill Whitely
Bill Whitely

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good company to work for in senior services"

Current Employee - Clinical Psychologist in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinical Psychologist in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at CHE Senior Psychological Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clinicians are independent contractors who report to a central administration. I have found the administrative team to be caring, helpful, and very competent if clinicians have questions or concerns.

Cons

Since reporting hours for payment is by fax, sometimes they get lost or missing and pay is messed up. However, the administration has recently put in a process of check and balances, which seems to be helping.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of trying to identify and fix things that could be better!

2. "Very average"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at CHE Senior Psychological Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, many positions, honest

Cons

inadequate management support, overwork & excessive paperwork

3. "Therapist"

Former Employee - Clinical Therapist in Haddon Township, NJ
    Former Employee - Clinical Therapist in Haddon Township, NJ

I worked at CHE Senior Psychological Services (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of autonomy but direction & guidance was only a phone call away.

Cons

No real problems - my boss was terrific.

4. "Licensed Clinical Psycholigist"

Current Employee - Staff Psychologist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staff Psychologist in New York, NY

I have been working at CHE Senior Psychological Services (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked here for 2 years. I am still surprised at how much I enjoy working with a diverse older adult population. I started while still accruing supervised hours. My supervisor was excellent and I received my license and subsequent salary increase without a hitch. CHE offers an annual professional development conference with free CE credit. I love the strong staff support, scheduling flexibility and diversity that this company offers. I am grateful to be part of this organization.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Psychologist"

Current Employee - Psychologist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Psychologist in New York, NY

I have been working at CHE Senior Psychological Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with the patients is truly gratifying and interesting.

Cons

There are no promotion paths and no salary increases. If you have any problems there is no one to discuss it with. The top management are all related to each other. The management cares more about keeping business than they do about staff or residents so if you have a problem with a facility you are on your own. They are connected to facility owners and nothing is transparent. Paperwork is over the top and they frequently lose things you send them.

Advice to Management

Try giving your best clinicians a raise and an opportunities to advance.

6. "Psychologist - Part Time"

Current Employee - Psychologist in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Psychologist in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at CHE Senior Psychological Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly responsive management. For clinical and procedural questions, I am able to talk with a supervisor the same afternoon and often within a half-hour.
    Positive respect for employees
    Conveniently located placements
    Appropriate support for documentation and clinical consultation
    Fair payment schedule
    Flexible hours

Cons

Lower initial income while learning to complete paperwork, since paperwork & administrative tasks are non-billable.
    Best for psychologists with sufficient experience to work autonomously, since consultations are normally by phone & email and not on site.

7. "Amazing forward thinking company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CHE Senior Psychological Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a company that was very corporate driven, all about $, It is truly a pleasure to work for a company such as CHE that is ethical, efficient, responsive, and most importantly SUPPORTIVE to their team. I am very pleased to be able to call the CEO directly and have an actual conversation.

Cons

I really don't have any cons that I can think of thus far, the company is expanding and have been in business over 20 years, successfully.

Advice to Management

I believe your management style is what is necessary to the workforce nowadays, keep up the great work!

8. "nurse practitioner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Excellent management team . I feel like they are very focused on and supportive of the field clinicians which is a breath of fresh air, from my previous company where I felt like I was just a way for them to bill for services. great flexibility ,excellent salary compared to what the industry normally pays and very competent support staff around you . overall I have been very happy with the change

Cons

took me a little while to figure out the emr charting they use but the IT dept was responsive and got me going

Advice to Management

so far im very pleased . stay true to your mission and values

"Finally able to do therapy and not paperwork!"

Current Employee - Clinical Psychologist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Psychologist in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

che has given me the opportunity to do the work I love. They have a strong back office that is there to support us clinicians in every way possible and allows us to be busy giving therapy as oppose to dealing with paperwork all day like my previous position in DMH. 99 % of job is face to face therapy, a dream come true for a dedicated clinician.

Cons

some facilities are nicer than others , and many leave much to be desired but you get used to it after awhile and patients and staff are supportive and appreciative.

"Very Supportive and Responsive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I have been working for CHE for over two years now and I love it. Although a very large company, they are very supportive and family orientated. Always responsive to my needs and very ethical in their practices. Paper work was a bugger, but now that they have gone electronic, its a breeze.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Always keep the intimate feeling I get when working with with office staff as well as management. Although a large company I don't feel like I'm alone.