CHG Healthcare Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.4
CHG Healthcare President and CEO Scott Beck
Scott Beck
Pros
  • "Our leaders don't just talk about our core values they put them in action(in 67 reviews)

• "Award winning company culture based on putting people first and actually delivering on it(in 53 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Does not enforce putting people first(in 17 reviews)

• "Shoving "putting people first" down your throat(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

The best place I've ever worked!

Oct 12, 2020 - User Experience Designer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

At CHG they care a lot about people. It's a relaxed environment but everyone works extremely hard. It's been a great place to be able to learn and grow.

Cons

Sometimes the company culture can be a tad much, but overall they do a good job to make you feel appreciated.

Talent Management Leader

Thanks for your feedback! We admit it. Sometimes we do go a bit overboard (even in a pandemic) letting our people know how much we appreciate them. We're glad you're part of our team.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

No complaints

May 6, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, work schedule flexibility, great PTO

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Much improved

Apr 8, 2021 - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

They listen to feedback in the yearly survey Almost every one of the managers are invested and able to help employees grow (in soft skills and hard engineering skills). Good place to grow, even if it's sometimes slow. Investment in more modern infrastructure has improved SIGNIFICANTLY in the last 2 years. The new CI/CD platform is great. Fairly good at making sure engineers have the physical hardware/equipment they need, quickly Finally have a UX team, and it shows

Cons

* Agile-ish. Top management hasn't fully caught the vision to make us flexible and adaptable. Top down planning still expects waterfall-ish practices including in our interactions with business parterers. * I've been waiting 6 months to hear back on purchase of an off-the-shelf tool our team needs. Unless you're on the 2 favorite teams, it's hard to get software you need. * Different software teams are treated differently. If you're working on the shiny new initiatives, everything is fine. Otherwise, you feel you aren't the favorite.

Senior Communications Specialist

We thank you for your contributions on our digital team and appreciate your useful feedback. We will share your suggestions with department heads and also encourage you to share your tips for improvement with your leaders, too.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Wow! Come find your career!

May 5, 2021 - Vice President, Technology in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is something for everyone at CHG Healthcare! Strong leadership, awesome culture, competitive benefits, diverse roles, strong career growth and support, amazing industry, inclusive teams, and the best people ever!

Cons

The work is challenging and accountability is key. If you want to be part of a team and organization that all pull together - then come to CHG!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture, Driven By Leaders

May 5, 2021 - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

"Putting People First" is their core value, and it is truly at the heart of what drives CHG. You can tell a lot about a company by the way it navigates a crisis, and CHG approached 2020's challenges in a level-headed yet compassionate manner.

Cons

Like most companies in the healthcare space, there's room for technological improvement. Luckily, the company leaders recognize this and are making investments to improve in this area.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work and grow

Apr 16, 2021 - Senior Director in Midvale, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The culture is inclusive and woven into everyday decisions/actions. - Most leaders at CHG truly care about their people. - Transparent communication throughout the organization. - Really great people who work hard, collaborate together and enjoy each other. The comradery and connection is amazing. - Purpose is meaningful. Feels like we're making a difference in communities across the U.S.

Cons

- Large organization means many stakeholders and opinions. - Difficult to communicate broadly to all teams and to keep a pulse on what each department is doing. - Technology is a little behind, but the company has prioritized and we're making progress. - While inclusive, we still have room to improve our DEI focus. Would love to see more diversity within leadership group, particularly.

Senior Communications Specialist

We love hearing from leaders within our organization! Thank you for recommending CHG.

7. 5.0

Best Place to Work!

Apr 28, 2021 - Administrative Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

CHG cares deeply about their people as well as the customers we serve, when they say Putting People First is a core value they mean that and use all the Core Values to drive every decision made. I have found a career and work family here at CHG and will never look for another job! Amazing people, amazing culture!

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons, I've been treated so well here at CHG that I would never want to leave!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Interview Experience

Apr 9, 2021 - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The staff has been so personable and so transparent with my role so that I know what to expect. When I first interviewed, I was nervous to interact on a zoom call in front of a variety of leaders in different departments. However, everyone asked such straightforward questions about past work experiences while keeping it entirely professional which made the 2 week long process so effortless. They displayed that they really cared about me not just as a colleague but also as someone who can be an asset and be part of the CHG family long-term!

Cons

There are none at all

Senior Communications Specialist

Loving your review! We appreciate you sharing your interview experience. An interview is a candidate's first impression of our company so we strive to make it great. Welcome to the CHG family!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Company and Culture!

Mar 31, 2021 - Project Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

CHG puts people first always! They truly encourage a healthy work/life balance and are extremely flexible. The team concept is felt across all sub-companies and kindness and respect are felt no matter who I encounter in this organization. Having previously worked in companies that micromanaged and made me feel like a number, CHG truly values their employees and does all that they can to ensure success in and out of the workplace.

Cons

None honestly, which is a rarity!

Senior Communications Specialist

Keep telling your friends about CHG! More than 50% of new employees are referrals because people like you keep spreading the word that CHG is a great workplace. We appreciate you!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work... depending on what division and team you're in

Feb 22, 2021 - Director in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I will preface this with saying I work in a corporate role. My leader gives me a ton of autonomy and visibility, I have a ton of trust and flexibility from my leader, I am paid competitively and development typically is an area of focus which I really appreciate. The culture is great, though is evolving as we continue to grow. And, there have been some great changes in strategy including a HUGE focus on technology (which has been needed for quite some time).

Cons

I know the experience is different in the sales orgs. Autonomy is not as easy to find, and there is a lot of process and red tape. It takes an army to make decisions and there is quite a bit of micromanaging. I also think some of the senior sales leaders are struggling in how to work in the current market conditions. This is not the same sales company we were 20 years ago, but you have a lot of the same leaders. Also, compensation could be more attractive for many in the sales orgs.

Senior Communications Specialist

Thank you for your continued commitment to our organization!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 463 Reviews