CHG Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
CHG Healthcare President and CEO Scott Beck
Scott Beck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They truly care about each employee with their main core value as Putting People First (in 12 reviews)

• Wonderful with work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • If you're cynical about the idea of putting people first (and yourself second), you'll want to look at other employers (in 10 reviews)

• Leaders are losing touch with putting people first, always in meetings and never available (in 9 reviews)

1. "Working at CHG"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time

Pros

Company culture- they mean what they say, they live their core values.
    The people- they hire good talent, they listen to what their people have to say, and they help their people grow and develop. I like the people I work with and enjoy coming to work every day.
    The space- they've taken time and financial investment to make the work space a place people want to work in.
    The opportunity- the company continues to grow. Growth is not just upwards, its diversifying your experience, and it is based on you, your performance, and the business need.

Cons

The sales role at this company is tough... not what we do, but the grind it takes to do it. If you want to make good money and grow your career, this company can provide you that opportunity, but you have to be willing to put in the work and push through the challenges.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent. Keep listening to your people and implementing their ideas. Continue to be open to investing in your people so the company can grow more than just financially. I truly enjoy working here!

"The Good, Bad and the Ugly (CompHealth Locum Tenens Division)"

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time

Pros

The Good: lots of cool people to become friends with and a super nice CHG building full of amenities.

Cons

The Bad: doing great is never enough. There is always more of everything expected. Even if you could do it all there is a culture of "growth and continuous improvement" where someone above you will still pick you apart and find areas where you aren't doing enough.

The Ugly: In 2017 there was a change in the division's president. Since then the culture has slowly changed. Instead of "putting people first" and caring about people and focusing on solutions and inspiring people to do their best work, it is becoming more and more a culture centered around profits, pressure, performance improvement plans, reporting up, kissing up, protecting your position/next position and playing politics.

Advice to Management

We used to care a lot about people, focused on people centered leadership, inspiring people, giving people the autonomy to do their own work, and we prided ourselves on this culture. Now we are doubling down on a tight grip, squeezing the life out of our people and the business. The worse we do the more we squeeze and the more political and negative the environment gets. The future isn't bright like it once was.

3. "Putting People First – Not just words on a wall."

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many companies claim to put their people ahead of shareholders, boards of directors, even customers, but CHG is the first company I've worked for that actually means it. Every decision is viewed through the lens of the employee—which is a great feeling.

Cons

In my experience, extroverts thrive here above other personality types. So either be prepared to assert yourself and aggressively toot your own horn, or be content fading into the background a bit.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your people. Take a refreshed look at the company benefits package—they're good but not necessarily at parity with competing companies.

Oct 2, 2017 – Talent Management Leader

Thanks for the feedback! Putting People First is an important part of our culture and something we strive to live by every day. Part of this core value is creating a workplace where our people feel... More

"Okay company... yet could be substantially better. I stopped drinking the Kool-Aid and am so much happier."

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- superb training and development before filling postion (8 weeks) and throughout position
    - quality coworkers
    - excellent team support
    - verbal and non-verbal recognition
    - new office building
    - great gym, basketball court and cruiser bikes available
    - onsite cafeteria/coffee bar (*not free*) and health clinic

Cons

- must be available 24/7 as a Physician Recruiter or Client Developer
    - carry an 'on-call' phone ~2 weeks/year
    - mediocre pay for high stress and expectations
    - mediocre benefits
    - no bonuses or [future] stock options
    - high/unrealistic expectations from managers
    - flexible schedules? not exactly

Advice to Management

Pros:
    Keep doing great with these!

Cons:
    - must be available 24/7 as Physician Recruiter or Client Developer
    - carry an 'on-call' phone ~2 weeks/year (*Earn overtime when having to take and handle phone calls/issues during on call weeks*)
    *set these expectations during interviewing/hiring*

- base salary needs to be at least $55,000 to be worth the stress (*Reps need to earn an industry standard commission of ~20%... earning $47,500 in addition to 1%-5% commission was disrespectful*)

- mediocre benefits (*Check out 'no premiums' for medical and dental coverage - my new company does this and I'm stunned CHG Healthcare does not*)

- no bonuses or [future] stock options (*Offer some skin-in-the-game to your employees to give them reasons to stay. My new company offers stock and 6 and 12 month bonuses - even to people in commission roles*)

- flexible schedules? (*Taboo to leave early and managers always expecting more. Actually allow your employees flexible schedules to let them work how they prefer. Laptops would help with work-from-home options.*)

- offer weekly company paid lunches, complimentary onsite food/drinks and more company-wide activities

The most shocking part about my job change? The fact that CHG Healthcare sits as a $1Billion dollar company and struggles to treat their employees well enough. My new company stands nowhere close to $1Billion and they offer so much more to their employees.

Hope to see CHG Healthcare improve from this feedback to help current employees!

Oct 10, 2017 – Talent Management Leader

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on your experiences with us. Our employees’ well-being is extremely important to us, and we are always looking for ways to improve... More

5. "Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist II
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist II

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and culture

Cons

Hard to advance your career

Sep 18, 2017 – Talent Management Leader

Thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoy our culture and hope that the flexible schedule opportunities here have helped you find a healthy work/life balance. As for career advancement... More

6. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great culture, great people. People really believe in what we're doing and it shows. Having a free medical clinic is a dream.

Cons

A great culture isn't as proprietary as it used to be. It can be hard to see all the celebration if you feel like your pay is lower than average. Most of the time the perks make up for it.

Advice to Management

Remember that compensation is as critical as culture, especially in high demand sectors. Thank you for fighting to keep things people focused.

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Management Leader

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback! We’re thrilled to hear you enjoy our free onsite health clinic. We also appreciate your feedback about compensation. We look at comp every year and make... More

7. "Business Partner"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the Culture, keep it up

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

No sure

Aug 28, 2017 – Talent Management Leader

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're excited to hear you love our culture as much as we do.

8. "Senior Copywriter"

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare (More than 5 years)

Pros

Terrific benefits, Nurse Practitioner onsite, big on employee satisfaction.

Cons

Sales department is rather high pressure.

Aug 28, 2017 – Talent Management Leader

Thanks for taking time to share your experiences working at CHG. The health and wellness of our people is important to us, so we appreciate hearing that you've enjoyed the benefits we offer... More

9. "Financial Analyst II"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People First culture.
    Fun work place with nice amenities.
    Young and energetic co-workers.

Cons

Too much fun can get in the way of productivity.
    Less experience / skills in advanced analysis and modeling.

Advice to Management

Less meetings and more real trainings with advanced skill building materials.

Aug 1, 2017 – Talent Management Leader

We appreciate you taking time to share your feedback! Our putting people first culture is important to us and we love to hear you are having a good experience. Also important to us is the growth and... More

10. "Amazing culture"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time

Pros

Fantastic culture and very flexible for an office job

Cons

Can be high pressure at times due to the nature of the business

Aug 1, 2017 – Talent Management Leader

Thanks for the feedback! We enjoy hearing you love our culture just as much as we do. We know the job can be tough, so make sure you take time off to recharge.