CHG Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
CHG Healthcare President and CEO Scott Beck
Scott Beck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the core values and this company lives by their core values, including Putting People First" (in 26 reviews)

• "Good compensation & benefits and the ability to maintain a great work-life balance" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Leaders are losing touch with putting people first, always in meetings and never available" (in 13 reviews)

• "CHG used to make a big deal out of maintaining it's core value of "Putting People First"" (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CHG is a great company to work for. We work hard and play hard. I love the core values and this company lives by their core values, including Putting People First. Our new company headquarters is an amazing place to work. I love having an onsite healthcare facility, cafeteria and gym. I also love the company focus on Making a Difference to our community as well as to other community and to the world.

Cons

There are not many cons to working at CHG! If I had to list one, it would be that the company could have a better 401k match.

Advice to Management

Keep living the core values and doing what you are doing to make our company great!

CHG Healthcare Response

Mar 5, 2018 – Talent Management Leader

We love that you enjoy working at CHG! Thanks for your commitment to our core values and our purpose of making a difference. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know that we will continue to... More

2. "Great work/life balance"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about working at CHG are the people. CHG does a good job hiring people who are positive and easy to work with. I also enjoy frequent one-on-one's with my immediate leader to keep us on the same page and help with my professional development. In addition, CHG provides a great work life balance, a huge on-site gym, game room, and an on-site cafe.

Cons

Each team can have a slightly different culture. I am fortunate to work on a great team, but like anywhere, there are some teams that are more high stress than others.

3. "Marketing"

I worked at CHG Healthcare part-time

Pros

Amazing culture, great benefits, exciting and stable workplace.

Cons

No downsides! This is a great place to work.

"Overall"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time

Pros

Getting to work with amazing people every single day and all the amazing benefits that we are offered. Onsite health center, onsite fitness center, beautiful building and flexibility.

Cons

Entitlement! We have a very young population and they don't feel as though they need to work for anything. Because we have amazing benefits and amenities they come to work everyday expecting everything to be done for them and I mean everything!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and recognize when stress is becoming a problem. Be willing to implement flexible schedules. working from home even one day a week can be a game changer! Also encourage your teams to do the research, don't just expect that everything will be done for them.

CHG Healthcare Response

Nov 1, 2018 – Talent Management Leader

Thanks for your feedback! We're committed to helping our people find a healthy balance between work and their personal life. One way we do this is through flexible schedules. Please reach out to your... More

5. "CHG is a great place to work!"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful on site resources and a wide variety of benefit options. My division and team members are very welcoming and friendly. The culture as a whole is very relaxed, and the Salt Lake City headquarters is new and spacious.

Cons

Some of the internal systems are out of date and do not communicate with each other, as such a large amount of manual data entry is part of the job.

Advice to Management

Make updating outdated systems such as our payroll system, a top priority.

"A Truly Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Talent Management in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Talent Management in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By far the best place I have ever worked for so many reasons. The executive team genuinely cares about us and are constantly looking for ways to improve the overall employee experience. Our benefits are top notch and accommodating of all life situations. I have a young family and our out of pocket costs have been so minimal because of all the available resources we have, such as our free onsite clinic and Teladoc. Our core values guide everything we do and it is amazing to see how they are not just talked about, but actually lived. I love how much CHG invests in employee growth and development - not just professional development but also personal development. I feel like I have grown just as much personally as I have professionally in my time here, because working here makes me want to be a better person. Because of that heavy focus on growth and development, opportunities for career growth and promotion are abundant. Most of all, I love my team here. It genuinely feels like a family where we all have each other's backs and there are no hidden agendas or ulterior motives. I feel incredibly fortunate to work for such a great company made up of incredible people who really care!

Cons

Our technology is a bit outdated, but I am seeing senior leadership making an effort to improve in that area. We have experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and that can create challenges and growing pains at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in technology to make jobs less manual and more efficient. Also, as we progress in our growth, look for ways we can maintain our current culture. What we have is truly unique and sets us apart as a great place to work!

7. "Marketing manager"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, core values that people (including management) actually believe in and live every day. Great benefits, onsite healthcare, flex schedules, opportunity for advancement, the list goes on.

Cons

I can't think of anything - this is seriously the best place I've ever worked!!

8. "A great place with great people"

Current Employee - Videographer/Editor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Videographer/Editor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company where the leadership practices what they preach. CHG's mantra is 'Putting People First', and it truly shows.

Cons

As CHG gets bigger, it loses a little of the charm.

Advice to Management

Keep getting to know your people, and continue to create opportunities to give back in our communities.

9. "Brand Manager"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time

Pros

CHG Healthcare maintains a people-focused environment. The culture of the organization creates a positive place to go to work every day.

They provide their employees with competitive benefits packages, and a lot of fun perks that clearly help it stand out from other companies in the area.

Cons

There aren't any cons worth mentioning.

10. "CHG is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They really believe in our key core value of Putting People First.

Cons

I would say the cafeteria is overprices.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the people an making positive changes.