CHG Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 221 reviews

4.3
CHG Healthcare CEO Scott Beck
Scott Beck
Pros
  • "Putting people first is out motto(in 27 reviews)

• "The company really does stand by it's core values and has put a lot of resources into company culture, work/life balance and career development(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Leaders are losing touch with putting people first, always in meetings and never available(in 15 reviews)

• "CHG used to make a big deal out of maintaining it's core value of "Putting People First"(in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Most Amazing Place To Work"

Current Employee - Senior Payroll Manager in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

I have worked for this company for over 15 years and it is simply amazing. The culture here is honestly what they claim it is. CHG lives by it's core values and it's how they run their business. When they claim to put people first that is exactly what they do.

Cons

For me there are none. I have the flexibility I need. I have work life balance and I' supported by leadership.

March 11, 2019Talent Management Leader

15 years?! Thanks for sticking around and making CHG a great place to work.

2. "Company that cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Many companies talk about their great culture but this one really lives its core values every day. Excellent work life balance and coworkers who are like family to me.

Cons

A few too many meetings but it’s great to work in a highly collaborative environment where your voice and input is heard.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people as the company grows.

3. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time

Pros

Awesome company, great culture. This company truly cares about their employees.

Cons

Average Pay, 401k is not the best.

March 11, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for leaving a review. Glad you're enjoying the experience!

4. "Best company I've worked for in my career"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

CHG Healthcare does an exceptional job with their new hire training. A new hire will learn more about the depth of the company and how their role will impact the company. In the IT department you feel like family - where everyone around you cares about your success and want you to do your best work. The family work life balance is great (I haven't had to work lots of overtime). The leaders in IT want each engineer or...

Cons

The cafeteria doesn't always have the food I'm looking for but they do have some good choices. When I first started I was nervous about having my privacy because there aren't any cubical walls taller than 3ft but I soon got over that when I realized that everyone else is in the same boat. There are a few more meetings during my week than I would prefer but this is a minor thing.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire amazing people, and listening to your employees' needs.

March 11, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for the kind words. If you're having trouble with the menu, feel free to reach out to the cafeteria crew. They're really good about taking feedback.

5. "Great place to work but used to be better"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

They really try to put people first. They try to focus on core values. Have a cafeteria, coffee bar, gym and a health clinic - all on site.

Cons

401k match is low. The core value talk seems less genuine than it's been in the past. As the company grows bigger, they are losing themselves and becoming more like any other company out there.

Advice to Management

Get back to your roots. Improve the 401k match.

6. "Great Company/Tough Job"

Former Employee - Client Representative in Midvale, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You have to be on the right team to succeed. Sales are a beast and CHG only hires the best. Upside is unlimited and plenty of people make extremely good money. great culture and benefits. All onsite amenities are top notch.

Cons

Some teams you are destined to fail, unfortunately.

March 11, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for sharing a review!

7. "Fortunate to Work at a "Fortune Top 100 Company to Work For""

Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Highland Beach, Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Professionalism, Integrity, Flexibility, Great People

Cons

Long Commute, Metrics, Sales environment

Advice to Management

ease up on the cheerleader mentality when deals close. stop pushing to meet numbers just for the sake of the numbers. It's meaningless.

March 11, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll pass your advice to the leadership in the Fort Lauderdale office.

"Loyal for Life!"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

They care about their employees. The senior leaders are always evaluating how to put the employees first and make this a great place to work and it shows. I love working here!

Cons

We are growing larger. The small things seem to be getting lost in the shuffle. I used to know everyone's name in my division and now I see people I have never seen before on a daily basis. Makes it tough to establish a community feel like we used to have.

Advice to Management

Keep asking questions on employee engagement and improving the culture.

February 11, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for your feedback!

9. "Great place for marketing, IT, project & finance professionals"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Fun culture, lots of career development support, and a growing commitment to digital infrastructure and customer experience makes this an amazing place for me as a marketer. I can't speak to the sales/recruiting roles but my colleagues in the non-sales roles are smart, eager to contribute, and collaborative.

Cons

We are asked to do a lot as leaders in terms of people engagement and development. I know in my heart that's a good thing but sometimes in my brain it seems to overtake the work we do as marketers.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing! I admire the leadership's willingness to realize we were a little behind in digital infrastructure, and to move to do something about it.

February 11, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for your review!

"Great people, poor IT leadership"

Current Employee - IT Developer/Engineer in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Low expectations and low stress. Great people and a relaxed environment. A lot of perks commensurate with many of the IT companies in the valley. Decent work life balance. Most of the managers are very chill and they try and have a lot of fun. They do a few different activities (most often it is a movie for team activities). Scott Beck is a great CEO and very approachable. I truly believe he is passionate about...

Cons

Leadership in IT is all talk. They don't value the opinions or the ideas of the front line people and even some of the managers. VP's and Directors run the show in a manner that drives technical debt and creates workaround after workaround. This place suffers from Silver Bullet Syndrome worse than any place I have worked. Consultants have a bigger voice that employees and it creates a very frustrating place to work...

Advice to Management

Allow people with good ideas to own the ideas and run with them. Trust your people as much as you do your consultants. Focus on more collaboration and transparency.

Found 221 reviews