CHG Healthcare Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

Found 100 reviews

4.2
CHG Healthcare CEO Scott Beck
Scott Beck
  1. "Organizational health trumps everything in Business"

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

- seasoned senior leadership team - strong culture and core values - growing company with opportunities to grow; learn; advance - collaborative; inclusive; fun!

Cons

The collaborative environment drives a need for lots of meetings.

Advice to Management

Stay the course! While the "CHG way" may not work for every individual, it is the best I have seen. 10 years as one of the Best Places to Work is a good start!

CHG Healthcare2019-05-16
  2. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Assignment Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I love the culture here! Friendly, fun, engaging! The work/life balance is outstanding and I don't ever feel like I have to sacrifice the needs of my family for my job. I love the job itself too, very rewarding work. This company takes feedback seriously and implements change based on what their employees request. Not many companies do that. I plan on working here until I retire!

Cons

Con's are hard for me to say with this company, it's truly amazing! But we could always use a little more pay. I feel they do well, but could be a little more competitive and bump it up a bit.

CHG Healthcare2019-04-26

April 29, 2019Talent Management Leader

Great to hear you love working at CHG and enjoy our culture. Can't wait to celebrate your future milestone anniversaries with us! :)

3. "I love working at CHG!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

We have a great work environment and a purpose statement that I am passionate about. The work I do is meaningful to me and to top it off, I get to work with some pretty amazing people! I've stayed with CHG for a long time because I love the challenges I've been fortunate enough to work on and I have always been treated fairly and with respect.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything.

CHG Healthcare2019-03-26

April 4, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for the feedback! Love that you are as passionate about Putting People First and making a difference like we are.

4. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Client Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Benefits, uncapped earning potential, good people, friendly management

Cons

Mid-level Management is not always consistent in following upper managements direction.

Advice to Management

Make sure things are more consistent through your leaders within the hierarchy.

CHG Healthcare2019-03-25

April 4, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for the feedback!

5. "Company that cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Many companies talk about their great culture but this one really lives its core values every day. Excellent work life balance and coworkers who are like family to me.

Cons

A few too many meetings but it’s great to work in a highly collaborative environment where your voice and input is heard.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people as the company grows.

CHG Healthcare2019-03-16

March 22, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

"Great place to work but used to be better"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

They really try to put people first. They try to focus on core values. Have a cafeteria, coffee bar, gym and a health clinic - all on site.

Cons

401k match is low. The core value talk seems less genuine than it's been in the past. As the company grows bigger, they are losing themselves and becoming more like any other company out there.

Advice to Management

Get back to your roots. Improve the 401k match.

CHG Healthcare2019-03-15

March 22, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for sharing your feedback about our 401K match and continuing to focus on our core values.

7. "Great place for marketing, IT, project & finance professionals"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Fun culture, lots of career development support, and a growing commitment to digital infrastructure and customer experience makes this an amazing place for me as a marketer. I can't speak to the sales/recruiting roles but my colleagues in the non-sales roles are smart, eager to contribute, and collaborative.

Cons

We are asked to do a lot as leaders in terms of people engagement and development. I know in my heart that's a good thing but sometimes in my brain it seems to overtake the work we do as marketers.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing! I admire the leadership's willingness to realize we were a little behind in digital infrastructure, and to move to do something about it.

CHG Healthcare2019-02-07

February 11, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for your review!

"Only care about number, not employees."

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Most people leave by 5 pm, it's not a place that makes you work overtime... unless, you aren't hitting your numbers then you better stay late or you risk getting fired. There is a gym onsite and a game room.

Cons

The type of sale is not very difficult, but coming onto a team is very difficult for someone starting out as they basically make you compete with your colleagues who have already have a network of clients who they work with and since you compete with them it's every man for themselves. What they try to do is hire A LOT of people and see who sticks. The CEO and upper management try to act like they are connected with...

Advice to Management

Worry more about keeping good employees and less about putting on an appearance that you are laid back.

CHG Healthcare2019-01-30

February 5, 2019Talent Management Leader

We're so sorry to hear you didn't feel supported as one of our new sales team members. Our core value of Putting People First is extremely important to us, and we want to make sure we set all of our people up for success. I've shared your feedback with our leadership team.

"CHG is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Wonderful on site resources and a wide variety of benefit options. My division and team members are very welcoming and friendly. The culture as a whole is very relaxed, and the Salt Lake City headquarters is new and spacious.

Cons

Some of the internal systems are out of date and do not communicate with each other, as such a large amount of manual data entry is part of the job.

Advice to Management

Make updating outdated systems such as our payroll system, a top priority.

CHG Healthcare2018-10-24

"The Culture is Real"

Current Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CHG Healthcare full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The core values you read about are not just hype - these are the real principles they steer by. They make a visible and effective effort to create a positive and rewarding work environment for everyone. You also get the benefit of knowing that the work really matters and changes lives for the better.

Cons

They're growing quickly, and tend to take "corners" pretty fast. As a result, you'll be pushed out of your comfort zone fairly often. They're honest about this internally, and it all becomes part of the shared development process. Looking forward to seeing more manual processes get updated with newer technology.

Advice to Management

Continue investing for the long game, as you have been. Listen to your newer people for insights how to take things to the next level.

CHG Healthcare2018-10-16