CHRISTUS Spohn Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is great team work on the unit I am on. Everyone works very hard to help each other with patient care. You are able to pick your own days to work.

Cons

Equipment is always broken. Management is never present and bias at times. Communication between night and day shift is non existant. Employees are rarely given raises. Employees are given multiple tasks to do which take away from patient care and then disciplined when there are poor patient satisfaction ratings.

Advice to Management

Actually come and work on the floor instead of creating "time studies" in place of physically managing employees. Give incentives to those who are consistent in providing quality care to patients.

"Terrible mgmt"

Former Employee - Medical Lab Tech in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Lab Tech in Corpus Christi, TX

Pros

Co-workers I had were fantastic and really good at what they do.

Cons

More often than not supervisors and managers were always trying to pass the buck and not go by standard operating procedures. We worked with a skeleton crew and did not have the supplies we needed to properly do our jobs and it became all about saving money rather than taking care of patients.

Advice to Management

Provide the employees the proper supplies and staff to do the job needed for the patients. The point of ridiculousness of trying to play the blame game is insane and undermines the hard work of the people that believe in what they do.

"CHRISTUS cannot fully sustain a Level III NICU with appropriate nursing staff and has gone down hill significantly!"

Former Employee - Clinical NICU Pharmacist in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical NICU Pharmacist in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work schedule of 7 on 7 off is great; direct boss is usually cool!

Cons

Administration does not care about patients or employees, Patient safety is very scary!

Advice to Management

I wish someone that made the financial/budget decisions, actually worked undercover on the front line to see how the patients are actually treated!

"HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK AS A NURSE!!"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none-targeting and lying are the norm for management and other associates.

Cons

Major shift in management many times. People put into management positions had little or no training. Lying to employees was the norm for many people. They do not even come close to adhering to their mission statement. Middle management bullies and targets people that come to them with issues and do not try to resolve any issues. Techs go outside their scope of practice on a daily basis and nothing is done. Dangerous place to work if you want to keep your license.

Advice to Management

Review your own mission statement!!! Stop the lying and targeting of good nurses otherwise you will end up with the "bottom of the barrel"!! Pt grievances need to be thoroughly investigated along with the pt history!! Pt's are NOT always right!! Reassess management culture and values....they are very bad at this time.

"Extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ?....I think not"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None......they seem to enjoy singling out certain people and screwing them

Cons

management has no problem differentiating between pets and non-pets....i've witnessed MANY good nurses run off "just because"....including myself....

Advice to Management

Learn some respect for those that do the hard work...get your collective heads out of your collective ass

"Overworked and management untrustworthy"

Current Employee - Endoscopy Tech
    Current Employee - Endoscopy Tech

Pros

I loved helping patients. I loved being constantly busy making the day go by faster.
    It was close by to where I lived.

Cons

Management would throw you under the bus if it meant that her job would be on the line. I was hired on as PRN and worked over full time. Before I was hired, I let them know certain dates I would miss, and seeing that I was supposed to be making my own schedule and come in as when and as long as I wanted, it should not have been a problem. The moment I called in to tell them I wouldn't be in that day, I was forced into an "exit" meeting, where I explained that I was hired in NOT as FT. They did not believe me, however, I just so happen to make copies of online Job Descriptions and copies of my applying for that job. I brought that in to HR and they did find it on their system as well. They apologized and asked me to stay, but at that point the damage was done. My manager sat in that exit meeting with 5 other people and lied to all their faces. You do NOT want to work for that type of company where the people have no ethics, morals or integrity.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers. Just because they are not management level, does not mean they have no idea what they are talking about. Not every one is a liar!
    Be careful how you treat your workers, some of us are working as "techs" right now in your hospital because we are going through Medical School. DO you think for a second we will want to work as a Doctor in a hospital that treats their "regular" employees like dirt?