Cover image for CHS Inc

Found 400 of over 529 reviews

CHS Inc CEO Jay Debertin
Jay Debertin

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits and reasonably compensated(in 66 reviews)
  • "Great People: Everyone knows everybody and everybody seems to be friendly.(in 37 reviews)
  • "Great pay and a lot of times you don't do anything for a large portion of the day.(in 32 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great culture, very friendly people, and flexibility to work in different areas of the business/IT.(in 11 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management, on a rating of 1(in 17 reviews)
  • "But, they gifted us all a BBQ set, which the clueless leadership must think makes up for the decrease in income at the same time we're overworked.(in 9 reviews)
  • "At times overstaff and managers I dealt with were control freaks.(in 8 reviews)
  • "None organize and no training(in 7 reviews)
  • "No diversity to speak of and the vast majority of employees like it that way(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CHS Inc and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great place to work

Oct 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

CHS is an employer that cares about its employees and its customers. It's refreshing being apart of an organization that gives back so much to both groups! I feel supported to grow and learn in my job everyday. This is the most collaborative team I have been on in my career. One of the things I was surprised about when I started, was the fact that you are eligible for a 401K plan and a pension plan. Overall the benefits plans that are offered are above what I have had with other companies.

Cons

CHS is going through a transformation right now to make sure we are doing the best work we can in the most efficient and effective way. With change there will always be some bumps in the road, but it is positive change and will make the company better in the long run.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Company cares about Employees and it shows

Jan 23, 2023 - Production Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and ample PTO

Cons

Not the highest paid in the industry.

CHS Inc Response

Hi there, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time with CHS and appreciate your commitment to CHS. Have a great day!

3. Join the CHS Inc team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Leaders that don't know how to lead

Jan 6, 2023 - Would Rather Not Say
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like my role I like the pay I like the benefits I like working remote

Cons

They move people through leadership that have no good leadership skills. Same people are favorite to regularly be promoted without justification Managers are micro managers and not supportive, but always looking for things negatively impact their subordinates. Diversity is lacking and while their is a push for its incorporation, there is so subconscious resistance. The culture is just negative and unnecessary.

Continue reading

CHS Inc Response

Hi there, thank you for the review! We appreciate your transparency regarding your experience with us and your commitment to CHS. You’ve shared a lot of insightful feedback within your review, and we will be forwarding your comments on to our leadership team. Have a great day!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good opportunity

Jan 11, 2023 - Seed Specialist in Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and good company culture

Cons

None I can think of

6. 5.0

Former Intern

Jan 4, 2023 - Process Engineer I
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really love this company. Great people in Laurel. Pay is well.

Cons

Company could improve on IT

CHS Inc Response

Hi there, thank you for leaving us a review about your internship experience! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience at our Laurel facility. Have a great day!

7. 5.0

Scheduler

Jan 4, 2023 - Scheduler
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is going well with this company

Cons

I have nothing to complain about this company

CHS Inc Response

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear you are having a great experience with CHS. Have a great day!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best place I’ve ever worked

Dec 26, 2022 - Cyber Security Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Seems to legitimately care about their employees. Recently brought compensation in-line with national averages.

Cons

Seems to have a hard time getting rid of tech debt.

CHS Inc Response

Hi there, thank you so much for leaving a review! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here at CHS!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Place to Work

Oct 27, 2022 - IT Quality Assurance Analyst Expert in Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Caring, supportive environment, growing some of the best IT departments in the state. Good work/life balance, at least where I'm at. And just really leadership that cares.

Cons

Some of their HR processes are doing some catch up. Slowly making the right adjustments but may be some ways to go in terms of really being as transparent as lots of other really successful companies, especially in terms of job movement internally and career growth opportunities outside ones own department.

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 7, 2022 - IT Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, good teamwork, highly recommend.

Cons

Hours spent working can get long at times.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good for the money, not for the leadership

Dec 23, 2022 - Senior Analyst in Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was here for 8 years and felt I was fairly compensated.

Cons

We were constantly low on resources, systems and people, to efficiently do our jobs. My manager also glorified working nights and weekends.

CHS Inc Response

Hi there, we appreciate you leaving us a review. We take seriously our team members experience, and we are sorry that you did not feel that you had the right resources to efficiently do your job. We will share this feedback with our team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 400 Reviews
</>Embed

CHS Inc Reviews FAQs

CHS Inc has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 529 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at CHS Inc to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CHS Inc employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CHS Inc. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of CHS Inc employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CHS Inc 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CHS Inc to be coworkers, compensation, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with CHS Inc Job Seekers