CINC Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
CINC CEO Jason Hoback
Jason Hoback

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic Company/Culture that Others Should Emulate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I have been working at CINC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful work environment with very relaxed dress code, free lunch daily from in-house chef team, beer Fridays, great co-workers, flexible schedule/remote work possible, and is pet-friendly. Being part-time, you don't have any benefits, but the pay is not bad for the work I am doing as compared to other companies.

Cons

Haven't seen much opportunities for growth within the company when it comes to the tech side, but this will hopefully change as the company continues to grow.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CINC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was the best company I've ever worked for. There were so many amazing perks: an in house chef, beer Fridays, field days, holiday party at the Braves Stadium, bring your pet to work day EVERYDAY, and so much more. The CEO was one of the greatest people I've ever met and was huge on the culture of the company!

Cons

There were not many growth opportunities and there was a game of favoritism in the sales department.

3. "Success team"

I worked at CINC full-time

Pros

Amazing co-workers, in-house chef so free lunch everyday, fun office environment, gained relevant experience to excel my career.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth at least for the path I wanted to take, lack of flexibility for working parents (depending on the department you work in). From what I hear now, there are work from home days so feedback is heard!

4. "Great culture that pushes you to excel."

Current Employee - Technical Escalations Manager in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Escalations Manager in Marietta, GA

I have been working at CINC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always exciting and a great experience

Cons

Sometimes growing almost too quickly

Advice to Management

More transparency about decision making

"National Accounts Manager"

I worked at CINC full-time

Pros

Office took care of lunch, competitive pay

Cons

culture was preached a lot but seemed more like an exclusive boys club or fraternity on the sales team. wasn't for me

"I have never had a better job!"

Former Employee - Accounts Manager in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Accounts Manager in Marietta, GA

I worked at CINC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Great team. Amazing perks. Great schedule. Best place to work at.

Cons

I cannot think of a con about this place.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

"Single Best Company I Have Worked For"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Marietta, GA

I worked at CINC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My review is a little different than others in that I left of my own volition due to somewhat unusual circumstances and not at all due to being dissatisfied with the company. This means I have no ax to grind and no necessity to lie to protect my job.

When I read some of these reviews, I feel like I must have worked for a different company. One reviewer said there were no pros to working for CINC.

Want some pros? How about being able to bring your dog to work? I mean, maybe if you are a cat, that isn't a pro for you, but I loved it. Felling stressed? Find someone's cutie to pet. I wish I had worked for CINC a few years earlier so I could have taken my dog to work.

How about free lunch provided every day? And not just a crappy lunch either. Sure, everyone doesn't love every meal equally, and my vote is to ditch ravioli day, but if I had to pick a single restaurant that I HAD to eat at every day, I can't think of a single restaurant I would like more every day than what CINC's in-house chef does on a regular basis.

Typically, small companies can't provide as good of a health insurance package as larger companies. Yet CINC has better insurance than its Fortune 500 parent company.

Dress code? I wore shorts all summer, fall, and most of winter. Did you? True, I was discouraged from wearing a bikini (I'm a guy, BTW) so even there, management was looking out for the well being of most employees!

Educational opportunities? Um, well, maybe they should consider... Nope!!! CINC provides each employee with an education benefit that allows each employee to spend up to about $1,200 per year for training. And they don't make it so difficult to get something approved that you give up the idea. Are you a software developer wanting a book, a subscription to some training site, or would like to attend some professional training seminar? You know you are!

How about a small startup that is maturing past that stage but still largely has a family feel AND has a stock purchase plan for their Fortune 500 parent? CINC has it. Who else can boast an employee stock purchase plan AND a small family oriented company feel? That's rare.

Of course there is 401(k) matching!

To my surprise, when I approached management a few months ago requesting financial training for employees, they called my bluff and allowed me to run with it! Didn't see that coming.

It would be nice if they offered some sort of health incentive plan like covering gym memberships and stuff. Oh, wait, that was added this year.

I can listen to music when I code. I can shoot that beer loving hippy in flip-flops on the other side of the aisle with a Nerf dart. And in most of the department areas, there is a table containing food that employees voluntarily bring in. It's kind of rare that the table in development doesn't have something to snack on.

As a developer I get to work with some brilliant people. There are so many people I can learn from here. From a developer perspective, there are a lot of opportunities to learn and interface with other technologies.

Would you like to work for a company with a heart? CINC does plenty of charitable events but they won't talk about it because they really just want to help and aren't interested in blowing their own horn, so I'll blow it a little for them. Listen to one of our passionate clients explain how CINC employees came to her home in Houston after a hurricane and helped her deal with her own personal disaster. She will most likely be a CINC client for life. You can't buy that kind of client loyalty. It only comes from the heart.

Want to work from home? It varies depending on the job, but it is the most liberal place on working from home I have worked at. When I started I asked my boss if working from home on a Monday or Friday was frowned upon. I had worked for companies that didn't like the idea for fear that employees would treat it as a three day weekend. My boss said it sounded like they didn't have the right employees. Finally, a place that understands that the right people don't have to be treated like children.

Looking for a career instead of just another job? CINC has more employee advancement than any other company I have worked for, some of which were much, much larger.

Want work/life balance? OMG, this is your place! I actually heard the CEO say something like "If you want to go watch your child play his soccer match, go!" I'm not sure what he said after that. I fainted. Want a company that values its employees? This is your place. I once heard the CEO say they would reject customers if they were verbally abusive to employees.

Does your current company offer all this? If so, please leave me a comment and provide an email address to where I can submit my application.

Cons

CINC is in the process of crossing the chasm from startup to post startup. This can be a challenge at times. It is a fast paced environment and adaptation is required.

All of these fantastic perks don't come for free. You have read a lot about culture in many of the reviews. If you aren't willing to care and give it your best, you won't enjoy the CINC culture and you won't be a good fit.

Others have mentioned that the work location is not the best and that is true. Management has taken steps to hire REAL security for our protection. I'm not talking about some dude with a badge and a radio napping his way through the day. I'm talking the kind of guys you don't want to confront that are actively patrolling the area.

Advice to Management

They don't need my advice because they really, no I mean really, care about the employees and their well being. Finally, a company that understands they are successful BECAUSE of their employees and want them to be happy and have a higher quality of life, which is the company goal for its clients too, BTW. There's a reason CINC ranks so highly in the Atlanta market as a best place to work.

8. "Overall good experience"

Former Employee - Isa in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Isa in Marietta, GA

I worked at CINC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great environment, food/fitness reimbursement.

Cons

Not very transparent with company direction.

"Challenging, Fulfilling, and Fun Environment"

I have been working at CINC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-fun environment with friendly employees
    -lunch provided every day
    -casual dress code
    -dog friendly office
    -encouragement to grow/move to better fit opportunities
    -growing quickly but still has a great culture
    -improved benefits on employee feedback this year (more PTO, gym allowance, etc.)

Cons

-struggle between keeping start up feel after being acquired by corporate, but honestly the company is so tight knit that you don't feel it much

Advice to Management

Keep cultivating a fun but challenging environment, keep being transparent - the company that is being built is a place everyone loves!

"Love Commissions Inc."

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Marietta, GA

I have been working at CINC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee centric. Committed to changing lives. Of the employees and their clients. Pet friendly, never boring, energetic, knowledgable, family atmosphere workplace. Growing fast. Lunch provided. Great core values. Fun events. Everyone really cares about one another. Best place I have ever worked.

Cons

I have not found any cons. Zero.