KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CITYMD

Engaged Employer

CITYMD

Add a Review

CITYMD Employee Reviews about "doctors"

Updated Nov 1, 2021

Healthcare

3h

a

Physician Assistant

New graduate PA in pediatric primary care reaching yearly review wanting to engage in asking for a raise as I didn't negotiate initially. Base pay 45/hr but seeing 20+ patients a day in a fast paced clinic. Best strategies to engage in the conversation.

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Staff is friendly and courteous.(in 46 reviews)
  • "You're going to encounter great coworkers and meet amazing people in the company.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and fair.(in 34 reviews)
  • "The other providers they hire are generally just great people and we really leaned on each other during the pandemic.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule that allows you to have several days off consecutively(in 16 reviews)
Cons
  • "Unorganized and unfair company with low pay(in 96 reviews)
  • "Too many long hours with challenging patients where at times management does not level with you on your struggle.(in 70 reviews)
  • "TERRIBLE management (depending on your site)(in 51 reviews)
  • "Managers don't know how to run their departments and blame staff for their mistakes.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Short breaks but Atleast it’s paid(in 26 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CITYMD and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "doctors"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0

Hands-on, exciting job

Sep 2, 2022 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

Even during a 12 hr shift, I was honestly not bored. Working at a City MD in Manhattan, it is constantly busy and you get to meet such a diverse group of doctors and patients.

Cons

Long shifts, sometimes on weekends,

2. 1.0

Aftercare clinical assistant

May 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to learn about medicine, work with PAs and doctors and get experience with patients. Everyone really does care about the patients.

Cons

The way the employees are treated makes this position not worth the opportunities it may provide. Do not take this position. It is not worth the misery. They are incredibly metrics focused and disorganized. We got a new schedule every week and often were not notified about the new schedule until the very last day of the previous schedule. This made it impossible to make any plans for off days. The managers were extremely condescending. They chatted and online shopped while yelling at others to take calls. The amount of work given to us was unreasonable. Some of us worked straight through our breaks and still didn't finish. I ended every day with a massive headache. Any time we were not on a call, we were being timed. When the timer got to 2 minutes or so without being in a call, the managers started yelling at us. My heart was racing all day long. I loved talking to patients and learning about healthcare, but this hostile environment is just not worth it!

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to gain experience

Oct 24, 2021 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will learn medical terminology super quick and gain experience with EMR systems

Cons

Long hours and some doctors can be harsh

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Okay....

Aug 11, 2022 - X-Ray Technologist (X-Ray Tech) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited OT if you don't mind traveling. 3.5 days

Cons

Company is in wrong direction after summit took over. Short staffed. Upper management only cares what doctors/PA wants.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Aftercare concierge

Aug 24, 2016 - Concierge in Uniondale, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The co workers were great and the doctors

Cons

Bad pay , low raises , poor management, they let certain people do now work ,while others work the,selves to death, half hour lunch is a joke ,poor pto

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity for those interested in healthcare

Sep 29, 2021 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working at CityMD. Heavy emphasis on teamwork. The manager was amazing and my coworkers were exceptional! You learn so much from the doctors/PAs/NPs and you develop time management skills. It’s a really great place to gain exposure.

Cons

- Understaffed (sometimes) which can be difficult when you’re seeing 130+ patients/day - For someone who has no prior experience as a scribe, the training process is really quick. You will be overwhelmed on your first day alone as a scribe - Some doctors can be frustrating to work with - Pay is low for the amount of work you do

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Work Environment to Learn

Jun 13, 2019 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Ability to learn from a multitude of doctors/ PA's 2. Very patient centered/ involved 3. Access to free snacks/ coffee/ tea 4. Match 4% after 90 days 5. Unlimited OT 6. Good co-workers (varies by site, but more people are good to work with) 7. Longer hrs (12 hours) but fewer days in the week (my preference)

Cons

1. Low wage for lots of work

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Will overwork you and lots of favorism

Oct 27, 2020 - Medical Scribe in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great doctors and you learn a lot

Cons

Some doctors are plain old rude; managers play favorites with employees; whoever is not in the medical field does not show professionalism and low pay for the amount of work required

9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Medical assistant

Jul 28, 2015 - Medical Assistant in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work my site staff is friendly patient r nice and so r the doctors

Cons

There is no downside yet

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Apply if desperate for employment or experience

Apr 20, 2018 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Opportunities for overtime are always available! -Break rooms are full of snacks/coffee & tea -Opportunity to work with different Doctors & PAs

Cons

-Breaks are always interrupted (if you even get the chance to take a break) -Workload is too much for the little pay -Long 12 hour shifts, very hard to have a life outside of this job

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews