CJ Affiliate by Conversant Account Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 8 reviews

3.7
CJ Affiliate by Conversant CEO Waleed Al-Atraqchi
Waleed Al-Atraqchi

"Great culture and strong values"

Current Employee - Account Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great work/life balance - fun office culture with company happy hours and outings - good onboarding process and ongoing training - co-workers are super friendly, collaborative and helpful - good on-paper benefits (401k, unlimited PTO, health, dental & vision, commuter benefits, etc.) - higher-up management/directors are very open and transparent about what's going on in the company - definitely feel like...

Cons

- Nothing significant so far - At first I was a little hesitant/stressed because of an isolated bad transition, but now I definitely can see how much the company is invested in training employees and creating upward mobility/growth opportunities for employees within the company

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2019-01-30

"A downward slope"

Former Employee - Account Representative

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, Free food, Fun perks, Decent benefits, Company makes an effort to keep employees happy, Friendly environment.

Cons

This company is quickly losing all of its experienced employees for better places and cannot replace/train fast enough. Very low salary for this industry and the women are getting paid less. Very little work/life balance, you're just asked to keep working at all times at all hours and they don't offer any overtime pay. Can be extremely high-stress. Extreme life quality differences depending on what clients you get...

Advice to Management

You can't simply tell people they have to keep working past 5pm when the work from clients could be endless. You also can't endlessly keep pushing work onto all your employees with no incentives. It's 2018 and people are going to talk about their salaries, don't be surprised when your employees are upset with pay discrimination.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2018-10-02

CJ Affiliate by Conversant Response

October 15, 2018Content Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your recognition that the company makes efforts to keep our employees happy! We also take your concerns very seriously and do take great care to monitor our pay practices to ensure equity, fairness, and compliance with wage and hour laws. ...

"Good Entry- level job."

Current Employee - Account Representative in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great flexible time off. Good opportunity to learn. Exposure to a new industry.

Cons

Bad morale at the lower levels. Small location in Westlake.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2017-11-27

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Advertiser Account Representative

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant for more than 2 years

Pros

I came to CJ a year out of college and it was great way to dive straight into the digital world. They do a great job of training you on all things affiliate and then putting you on accounts that fit with your experience level. I was lucky in that I had great senior managers and directors that really helped with my employee development. Additionally I also had great accounts which made my job a lot better! They do...

Cons

It's a young company and there's a lot of employee turnover. I think the majority of it comes from many not understanding what affiliate is versus the company itself. I had a great experience working there, but I always wanted to transition more into full digital which is the reason I left.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employee development and creating a positive company culture! Now that CJ is under the ADS umbrella it feels more corporate, which takes away from its vibrant advertising culture.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2015-11-06

CJ Affiliate by Conversant Response

December 15, 2015CJ Culture Champion

Thank you for the great feedback and for recognizing so many of the things that make CJ great! Your constructive feedback is also very helpful. We have already incorporated your feedback into our recruiting process by including more information on affiliate marketing.

5. "Great company, good compensation"

Current Employee - Advertiser Account Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

Great environment, the culture is open and welcoming. Your team WANTS to be at work, and push you to learn. Constantly changing and interesting, every day is different. Managers are understanding and open to time off, running errands, etc. during the workday.

Cons

Benefits are OK, certainly could be better. There's a huge learning curve coming into affiliate marketing so be prepared to not understand what you are supposed to do until about 2 months in.

Advice to Management

Update your training. For new employees, especially ones without affiliate marketing experience, it is extremely difficult to learn on outdated modules. Please update, so that training and learning can be as easy as possible.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2015-03-19

"Got to work with great people, acquired good business skills, and maintained work/life balance."

Former Employee - Advertiser Account Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

~The people. I worked with intelligent, kind, compassionate, witty, interesting people. There are always bad apples, of course, but overall, I can't say enough about the people at CJ. ~Good benefits package. ~Interesting industry. Always learning new things. ~Work hard, play hard.

Cons

~Like every industry, the affiliate industry has its quirks, so sometimes work involves schmoozing semi-sleazy people.

Advice to Management

Articulate the bigger picture better. Drop the silly project code names, and tell us what it REALLY means.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2013-10-03
  7. "Breeze by with mediocrity"

Former Employee - Account Representative in New York, NY

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Easy work Relaxed Good Work/Life balance Good co-workers to have, management included. For what you do, the pay is fine

Cons

Compensation is too low High turnover because pay is weak High stress but monotonous easy task. Basically doing the same thing a million times

Advice to Management

Let workers become more creative in their job. Find a way to get more budget to keep talent. Build team morale better with outings or events or better perks. People there are too talented to be doing the same things and aren't given enough room for creativity.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2013-07-18
  8. "Positive work environment with fun culture, lacking in training for new employees"

Current Employee - Advertiser Account Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

Young & energetic culture, good benefits, fun events, like to promote from within

Cons

Steep learning curve with little training, company is undergoing lots of change

Advice to Management

Implement better training for employees. Communicate better and more frequently to all employees, not just management and higher-ups.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2013-06-28