CJ Affiliate by Conversant Reviews | Glassdoor

CJ Affiliate by Conversant Reviews

Updated March 10, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • People, company size, work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Great people, many opportunities to advance or move departments, very good benefits, and many learning opportunities (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is subpar and they are currently taking away a lot of the benefits package (in 3 reviews)

• While I think CJ as a whole is doing great things and heading in the right direction, the New York office is a disaster (in 10 reviews)

"Changing for the better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Many office locations allowing you to work around the country
    - Leader in affiliate space
    - Good vacation policy
    - (Recently) began hiring qualified, smart and reliable people
    - Last 6 months have changed dramatically. Began hiring more talented people. Positive future for company seems to be on horizon.

Cons

- Tedious, repetitive and monotonous work. Way too much time analyzing data and building decks for QBRs and then repeating the never ending process.
    - Product updates are often rolled out way too slowly and/or not finished.
    - Interdepartmental collaboration is next to none. Ad dev and pub dev often work against each other.
    - Channel is the smallest for most advertisers so it receives little budget. The incremental value affiliate provides for many is very little more often than not.
    - 75% analytics and 25% account management

Advice to Management

- Develop strategy on how to get pub dev and ad dev to work together towards one common goal.
    - Continue hiring people of the caliber you have within last 8 months.

2. "Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oxnard, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oxnard, CA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of great people. Learned a lot. Very knowledgeable engineers willing to share and mentor others.

Cons

Lot of turn over due to change of direction. The way some people were let go from the company was off putting.

Dec 15, 2015 – CJ Culture Champion

Thank you for recognizing the great people at CJ and our talented engineers. We are continually working to improve our internal communication, so thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your ... More

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Advertiser Account Representative
    Former Employee - Advertiser Account Representative

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant (More than a year)

Pros

I came to CJ a year out of college and it was great way to dive straight into the digital world. They do a great job of training you on all things affiliate and then putting you on accounts that fit with your experience level. I was lucky in that I had great senior managers and directors that really helped with my employee development. Additionally I also had great accounts which made my job a lot better! They do a great job of fostering growth with leadership clubs and employee training!

Cons

It's a young company and there's a lot of employee turnover. I think the majority of it comes from many not understanding what affiliate is versus the company itself. I had a great experience working there, but I always wanted to transition more into full digital which is the reason I left.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employee development and creating a positive company culture! Now that CJ is under the ADS umbrella it feels more corporate, which takes away from its vibrant advertising culture.

Dec 15, 2015 – CJ Culture Champion

Thank you for the great feedback and for recognizing so many of the things that make CJ great! Your constructive feedback is also very helpful. We have already incorporated your feedback into our ... More

"Wealth of knowledge, but management less than awesome"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, passionate coworkers. Good working principles and a wealth of knowledge that they are willing to share.

Cons

Thr team leads have upper management's unwavering support, so the non-leadership employees are doubted whenever problems come up.
    Opportunities to work on different tech than usual are scarce, so the work might get boring.

"Current Employee"

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and great people to work with. Company encourage team outings to get to know your team well.

Cons

Pay is subpar and they are currently taking away a lot of the benefits package. The structure is fading and employees demeanor has started to fade since the company was bought out

"A good company heading towards greatness!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New President is leading positive changes and addressing many of the legacy issues.

Cons

Creating positive change is not easy, so everyone is having to work a little harder (but this is work I don't mind)

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Don't let this initial improvement allow you to become complacent.

Dec 15, 2015 – CJ Culture Champion

Thank you for the encouragement and for recognizing the positive changes that are underway!

8. "Webmasters get the worst end of the stick"

Former Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Auto payment
    - Huge list of companies
    - Multiple types of promotion

Cons

- If an advertiser revokes the amount make, CJ won't interfere and dodge the questioning of the advertiser. "I lost $4,500 when an advertiser pulled the earnings"
    - CJ will dodge the questions because they don't want to be held responsible with legality issues with advertisers
    - Lost leads due to adblockers

Advice to Management

Be straight forward and don't prolong the issue when legal issues are present

9. "Great place to start!"

Former Employee - Associate Advertiser Account Manager in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Advertiser Account Manager in Westborough, MA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are some of the best around, although the pace is a little slower than I would like, it is a wonderful environment.

Cons

The pay is sub-par, and the attitude of the company is very corporate and guidelines must be adhered to. The affiliate world is very mature and leads to slow paced opportunity.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of what is going on outside of affiliate and expand into markets that are seeing growth with affiliate.

10. "Great Environment for Software Engineers"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in West Lake Village, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in West Lake Village, GA

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CJ is a very good place for software engineers. People are nice and smart there. They are very passionate about coding and willing to teach you. I really like the extreme programing methodology because I get to pair up with a team member and stay productive. I recommend CJ if you are looking for a good software engineering job.

Cons

The office is not design for software engineers.

Advice to Management

Please redesign the office.

11. "Good Company for Young Singles"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belvidere, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belvidere, IL

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant (More than a year)

Pros

Very Smart Employees
    Great interpersonal relationships

Cons

Stressful Agency Hours
    Managers need to do better scheduling client meetings so they are not on top of each other