CJ Affiliate by Conversant Reviews | Glassdoor

CJ Affiliate by Conversant CEO Waleed Al-Atraqchi
Waleed Al-Atraqchi

"No work life balance."

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time

Pros

The company offers a lot of perks. Of course it's in Santa Barbara, so that is already a perk. Free donuts and bagels on Fridays. And there is a lot given back to the community.

Cons

There is absolutely no work life balance. You are expected to work VERY long hours. Mostly everyone is on salary so there is no overtime pay. It is expected that you work and put 200% in your job. There is no option for family. The vacation is said to be unlimited, but that is not the case. Some are allowed to take multiple vacations while others don't get the same treatment. There is no fairness to the vacation policy....

Advice to Management

Please understand that employees need to have a life outside of work. We will put in every effort while at work but there needs to be time to unplug.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2017-06-13

"Very Tiring"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in London, England

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Had some nice people in the office I made friends with.

Cons

Terrible communication, Interns knew more than staff. A bit of a clicky culture - no training really and lack of support in the UK. Seemed more like a satellite office than anything else.

Advice to Management

Look to improve upon the general US model

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2017-05-12

"If you work hard and care about your clients, this can be an amazing home for you"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great family, strong potential, health and collaborative culture, great mission

Cons

Growing pains, tied to enormous corporation which can drive slow communication sometimes, but very little to complain about

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and don't forget about the value of each and every employee's training and experience working at CJ

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2017-04-27
  4. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for less than a year

Pros

the work place environment is awesome, the client

Cons

so big that you can't really see where you career is going. Im not saying that there is no career evolution...

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2017-04-14
    • "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good reputation in the field, strong technology platform, great consultative resources

Cons

highest cost in the space, charging customers biggest percentage rates for their commissions.

Advice to Management

lower rates

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2017-03-10
    • "Great culture, great perks, unclear future"

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time

Pros

Amazing people, lunch once a week, free snacks, challenging work

Cons

No major cons. There was a lot of shifting in the company when I left - suggest a better plan of action to prevent people falling through the cracks.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2017-03-09

"Bad surprise!"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant for more than 3 years

Pros

Really great product and company culture. Great network. Good sales teams. Good sales leader East Coast.

Cons

It used to be a great company but the founders/owners left and a new management took over. His style is really tough and does not fit with our nice culture. Talented people leave and are replaced by brown-nosers.

Advice to Management

Go out and listen to clients. Come back in and listen to employees. Alternatively get a management coach. Not everyone is motivated by $... especially WASPs.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2016-12-28
    • "Fun company, questionable direction"

Former Employee - Associate Account Manager in Westborough, MA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Young work environment with lots of energy and excitement and camaraderie. Fun events and nice office. They give you the opportunity to manage your own portfolio and make a name for yourself. Pay is average.

Cons

Direction of company initiatives has been all over the place. With the buyouts and changes in management, things are hopefully headed in the right direction, but new product and service rollouts were always too hasty, and there was a constant disconnect between the product development/sales side and the account management teams' preparedness. We didn't know how to use the tools we were being told to sell, and we were...

Advice to Management

Sync up the marketing/sales/product teams with the account management teams more effectively so there isn't a huge disconnect between what's expected and what we can actually deliver upon. Consider a merit-based promotion system, particularly for ARs to AAMs to AMs so that we don't just feel like we're waiting for somebody to quit or get hired and then have a passive-aggressive internal competition for the opening. There...

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2016-11-07

"Software engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant for more than a year

Pros

Great people; interesting work; laid back environment;

Cons

No cons really. Great experience overall.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2016-08-21

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time

Pros

Most of the people are great. There is still somewhat of a team environment despite an increase in "what's in it for me" employee hires.

Cons

An 80% turnover in the "leadership" team in 2 years has resulted in chaos. While true that the previous management was ineffective and needed to change, the new CEO knows little about the business and picks the brown-nosers to replace those he pushes out. Perception is that the business is being sold off based on the presidents rash and myopic decisions.

Advice to Management

Stop the cronyism. All but your 10 favorites loathe you so listen to ALL groups and understand the business before you claim to know the problem.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2016-08-04