CJ Affiliate by Conversant Senior Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 4 reviews

4.0
CJ Affiliate by Conversant CEO Waleed Al-Atraqchi
Waleed Al-Atraqchi
  1. "Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

CJ Engineering makes a point of hiring competent and cooperative people and then enabling them to learn and grow. The department is continuously examining itself and its practices for ways to improve and then implementing those improvements.

Cons

Legacy platform slows innovation. Many strong, independent minds sometimes lead to difficulties in coordinating efforts.

Advice to Management

Hire more! Existing engineers are stretched thin maintaining multiple competencies to cover all the required work!

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2019-05-19

"Wealth of knowledge, but management less than awesome"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Smart, passionate coworkers. Good working principles and a wealth of knowledge that they are willing to share.

Cons

Thr team leads have upper management's unwavering support, so the non-leadership employees are doubted whenever problems come up. Opportunities to work on different tech than usual are scarce, so the work might get boring.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2015-11-06

"Engineering: Best of both worlds (startup vs stable company)"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I came to CJ on the heels of a very small startup experience, where I had absolute freedom to choose the best tools for the job. So, I was worried that moving to a stable company would mean a dramatic loss of freedom to choose my own tools & approaches. Thankfully, life at CJ Engineering has been largely the opposite: I have the benefits of a larger company (stable employment, lots of other talent to push/challenge...

Cons

CJ is part of a much broader ecosystem of wholly-owned companies; occasionally this comes down in the form of goofy HR policies and drab office environments, although the latter is poised to change soon.

Advice to Management

Keep building and nurturing the spirit of innovation in CJ Engineering, stop the HR goofiness, and make the physical office environments more sexy, dynamic, and innovative.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2015-08-18

"Great work environment."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant

Pros

Work environment. When I joined the company two years ago, engineering was in the process of switching to an agile work environment. Since then they have remained committed to the process and working on ways to improve it. The agile process is a resounding success and I very much prefer over a waterfall approach. Management treats employees with trust and respect. We set our deadlines and management improves, instead...

Cons

Benefits. Compared to where I worked previously everything is worse on the benefits side. No options/restricted stock plan, no performance incentives, we could use more vacation days, and I think they could pay more of the premium on the health insurance.

Advice to Management

Make the benefits better, add some sort of way for employees to share in company profits, and let's expand our product line into new niches.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2008-06-18