CJ Affiliate by Conversant "people at cj" Reviews | Glassdoor

CJ Affiliate by Conversant Employee Reviews about "people at cj"

Found 104 reviews

3.3
CJ Affiliate by Conversant CEO Waleed Al-Atraqchi
Waleed Al-Atraqchi
Pros
Cons
  • "CJ tends to do this thing where we push and sell a certain "hot topic" but literally have zero means from a product level to support it(in 14 reviews)

• "As with any advertising/marketing agency, busy season is during the holidays, which isn't great for time off and work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "people at cj"

Return to all Reviews

"Awesome people, but overwhelmed with underwhelming work"

Former Employee - Associate Client Integration Engineer in Westborough, MA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Great place to start your career. - Tons of training, and they ease you into actual work slowly, allowing plenty of time to familiarize yourself. - The people at CJ are great. My former department, Client Integrations, had some of the best people I'll probably ever meet in my career. - Pretty good benefits.

Cons

- Below industry average pay. - You will loaded up with what was in my opinion very underwhelming work. In my department, Client Integrations, I can tell you that calling it "engineering" as the title suggests is a long shot. Every single solution you look at is designed for you already, with only minor details needing to be worked out. It's technical consulting packaged into an attractive title. - But don't worry...

Advice to Management

My advice to any management reading this would be to care more about the day to day work your employees do, and care more about how they envision their future. Regardless of which department you're coming from, it's unlikely your staff see the role they're in as the last in their career. Specifically to the Client Integrations department - if you want to maintain technical talent, you need to find a way to make the day...

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2018-08-14

"Not what it used to be"

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time

Pros

There are some great people at CJ and you will make some lifetime friends. You do get great experience, just sometimes not worth the stress.

Cons

The newer upper management’s philosophy is work more and do more with less people. The workload is overwhelming and the pay is less than the industry average. It’s been a stressful environment being pushed to sell to clients. Flex time off policy makes people feel as if they can’t take time off.

Advice to Management

Don’t push people to their breaking points and reevaluate company goals as it has seemingly turned into a sales focused company that doesn’t care about their employees.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2018-04-26
  3. "Excellent company by engineers for engineers"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Westlake, LA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This company is great. There is a very laid back and engineer friendly environment. People at CJ are very passionate about computer science and will happily share their knowledge. The company promotes from within all the way to the top.

Cons

Sometimes the parent company Valueclick creates certain levels of red tape that can be kind of intrusive.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2013-10-09

"Got to work with great people, acquired good business skills, and maintained work/life balance."

Former Employee - Advertiser Account Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

~The people. I worked with intelligent, kind, compassionate, witty, interesting people. There are always bad apples, of course, but overall, I can't say enough about the people at CJ. ~Good benefits package. ~Interesting industry. Always learning new things. ~Work hard, play hard.

Cons

~Like every industry, the affiliate industry has its quirks, so sometimes work involves schmoozing semi-sleazy people.

Advice to Management

Articulate the bigger picture better. Drop the silly project code names, and tell us what it REALLY means.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2013-10-03
  5. "Nice people, easily attainable standards"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CJ Affiliate by Conversant full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The people at CJ are outgoing, friendly, and hard-working. We are the leader in our space and we carry confidence when we work with our clients. The company is gaining more organizational structure and accountability, which was previously lacking. We have some outstanding people, but most importantly almost everyone genuinely wants to contribute to the team.

Cons

Management is willing to settle. It starts with hiring some *meh* people among the great people, just to fill a spot. Since the company has been doing it for years, it permeates the entire culture. People will settle for less than the best on reports, efficiency, and attitudes. We could be great, because we have some great people, but we don't take things far enough, so good ideas die on the vine or get implemented...

Advice to Management

Give everyone a clear, compelling reason to come into work every day and you can start to treat everyone like adults. Systems of time-keeping and even monetary bonuses are less inspiring than working toward something meaningful and knowing you have a direct impact on the company's success.

CJ Affiliate by Conversant2013-04-15