Cover image for CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)
Logo

The latest conversations about Accounting

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are great and very supportive(in 131 reviews)
  • "Good pay and overtime included(in 43 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good.(in 39 reviews)
  • "Great culture and focus on careers(in 38 reviews)
  • "A lot of growth opportunity and ability to relocate.(in 22 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to build your inspired career!

Nov 18, 2022 - Principal in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people that pull together to serve clients in their industry expertise. Amazing talent at all levels.

Cons

Working through the growing pains of becoming a global firm.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Used

Nov 10, 2022 - Senior Tax Accountant in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They give you so many opportunities that's true but it all depends on how driven you are and if you have it those experiences are there but they won't compensate you for all that you do.

Cons

From the moment Jen Leary became the CEO, CLA went unbelievably growth driven. We have lost so many great workers because they weren't compensated for the amount of effort and quality they gave. And CLA keeps growing in the market but the quality of new internal people has been absolute disgrace. CLA can't afford to lose anyone so they keep staff members who are not qualified in fact are incompetent in their roles and the hard workers have to make up for those huge failures. Worst of all their DEI initiatives are the death to their offices. Accounting in general is a conservative field and to have all the women in an office dominated by women presence 60 to 40% be uncomfortable of sharing a restroom with a transgender woman who was known to everyone as a man is ludicrous! We spoke to national level people about this uncomfortable situation and the response received was well if you are uncomfortable then go to q different restroom!! Unacceptable to promote " What's safe for some is NOT safe for others" but only apply that phrase to the small minority that will make sure to be seen as victims!

3 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

1-Year Review/Survey

Oct 11, 2022 - Associate in West Hartford, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the amount of opportunities and areas of growth that CLA has to offer. From experiencing a new team and new kind of work within the accounting field was an amazing opportunity that I loved being able to take advantage of the past year. Even though it was not for me long-term, I was able to experience it nonetheless which is awesome to me. Now knowing the new team was not for me, I now have a better understanding of what I want to specialize in and I wouldn't have been able to do that without trying that first.

Cons

Work life balance was difficult to manage but not all of that falls onto CLA. Some of that falls on myself and getting used to manage the different work loads throughout the year. I believe I can improve that dramatically going forward after knowing what is usually to come over the year.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0

Good culture

Nov 21, 2022 - Tax Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible schedule. Your coworker and manager hear your voice and take action. Very good culture and good pay. Lots of location you can pick to work from.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the it's hard to get advance after you get to manager and director level.

6. 5.0

Amazing Culture - Balance, Interesting Work and Excellent Employee Support

Nov 10, 2022 - Senior Consultant - CFO Services in Shelton, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Family culture is evident in meetings, communications, benefits, training and education and commitment of bringing value to our clients.

Cons

This is not a Con but a challenge. Effective time management and resource allocation is a continual part of the job to be successful.

7. 5.0

Flexibility and Teamwork

Aug 8, 2022 - Principal
    Business Outlook

Pros

- CLA is very flexible, in that employees can have flexible schedules as long as they are getting their work done timely and serving clients well. This is especially true after gaining trust as an associate and senior. - Team members across the office and firm are willing to help out on client projects, mentorship, and offering specific expertise when needed, regardless of who gets "credit" or whose client it is. - There is a ton of opportunity to grow your career quickly, as many principals are retiring and transitioning their work to other team members. - There are many unique service lines (including outsourced accounting, consulting, cybersecurity, wealth advisory, data analytics, talent solutions, etc.) and CLA is good at getting employees exposure to different service lines if they are interested. - The firm feels small, but has over 7,500 people, 121 locations, 16 identified industries, and over 20 different service capabilities, which allows for growth opportunities for our people and our clients. - Those that put in extra time and effort are recognized for their hard work.

Cons

Consistent with all professional services firm, there is a constant need for additional people and resources, so there is pressure to work smarter (and sometimes harder) to get client projects completed timely and bring in additional growth for the firm.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Culture, wonderful people

Sep 29, 2022 - Client Engagement Consultant in Wauwatosa, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people internally, most clients were fantastic. Tons of growth on the horizon which allows the opportunity for great growth Super flexible environment 100% remote The principals I worked with were wonderful, supportive, collaborative Team was very much like family, while a lot of companies may say that it doesn't always turn out that way

Cons

Like all firms, lots of billable hours Can be stressful Some clients weren't so great and could behave as if you were at their beckon call Lots of growth can mean lots of moving ground and change which not all people enjoy Work life balance wasn't very strong but I was there during covid

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Firm, questionable handling of Covid

Nov 2, 2022 - Senior Tax Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team of people at CLA are wonderful. The pay is below market, but the team of people you work with are wonderful, and support you in every way they can.

Cons

The pay is below market, and their handling of COVID protocols during the height of COVID was questionable

10. 4.0

Good place to work

Nov 23, 2022 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, lots of opportunities.

Cons

Require a lot of hours

11. 2.0

Management Needs Improvement

Nov 3, 2022 - System Administrator in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a decent place to learn. Its a great resume builder.

Cons

They billed us at 44 hours a week, saying that they pay at least 10% more than the competition. Our team had high turnover and everybody was leaving for fewer hours, more flexible work schedules, and better pay. Most people ended up quitting for a raise. The company demanded 37 billable (actual working hours) per week, which did not include assisting/training teammates, checking email, updating billing, or meetings. It was difficult to hit hours and impossible to get ahead.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,025 Reviews
</>Embed

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) Reviews FAQs

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,163 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen). This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

75% of CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)? Share Your Experiences

Reviews by Job Title

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) Photos

+ Add Photo
CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) photo of: Our interns are amazing! As summer winds down and they return to campus, we’re reflecting with gratitude and wishing them all the best in the new school year.
CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) photo of: CLA family members in our Lexington, Massachusetts, location got together to help stuff backpacks with school supplies for kids in need.
CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) photo of: Our CLA family members across the country took time recently to focus on their physical, emotional, financial, and social wellness.
CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) photo of: CEO Jen Leary connected with CLA family members across 121 locations — and welcomed special guest Arianna Huffington to chat about the importance of prioritizing well-being.
CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) photo of: Thanks to everyone who proudly supported NABA’s Day of Service while attending the NABA annual convention.
CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) photo of: CEO Jen Leary takes a moment to reflect at the gratitude wall in CLA's Sacramento office
CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) photo of: CLA family members across the country recently took time to give back to their local communities.

Affiliated Companies

KPMG

3.8

50,533 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,163 CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) reviews submitted anonymously by CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) is right for you.