CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) Reviews | Glassdoor

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) Reviews

Updated Feb 18, 2020

3.5
CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) CEO Denny Schleper (no image)
Denny Schleper
Pros
  • "Work life balance flexible time off(in 47 reviews)

• "I have been working with CLA for the last 5 years now(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Busy Season - There's no escaping that in public accounting CLA makes it more bearable: free dinner every night(in 43 reviews)

• "Horrible work-life balance for audit team(in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good company with nice peple"

Current Employee - Tax Associate

I have been working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly people and working environment

Cons

No cons so far.

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)2019-11-01
  2. "Limitless opportunities to grow within"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Century City, CA

I have been working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working with CLA for the last 5 years now. This company has given me everything needed to curate a career path that is driven by my passions in life. It's a large national firm without the cold corporate culture feel; I consider my peers to be as close as family. They do not service public SEC regulated companies. Generous compensation and benefits. Unlimited PTO. Remote working capabilities. Reimbursed tuition for pursuing masters. They take care of all of your initial licensing and renewal needs, financially and administratively. Internal CPE provided so you don't have to scramble to be compliant with your state board. Generous bonus and reimbursements upon passing your CPA exam. They completely cover your needed exam materials with Becker. Generous 401k employer match and profit sharing. Great health benefits. Fully covered meals during busy season, including dinners during the weekdays, and breakfast/lunch on the weekend. Massages twice a week. They have an incredibly resourceful national team to help answer technical questions and provide extended services to clients.

Cons

Not really a con but part of being with a firm that aspires to be ahead of the rest, you have to be adept with change and embrace all the resources provided within.

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)2020-02-18
  3. "Great place for opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

I have been working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are so many opportunities to grow your career in the direction you would like. There are different paths people can choose. Also the resources are limitless with so many people with so many different backgrounds. The people in the office are so welcoming and inclusive. We have a lot of fun activities and perks like massages, tax season parties, and so many different snacks.

Cons

The hours certain times during the year (busy season). But definitely manageable.

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)2020-02-17
  4. "Limitless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Century City, CA

I have been working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CLA is a great place to grow and develop your career. Being part of a national firm, you have access to greater resources. Anyone at any level has the ability to reach out to a network of team members who are experts in their chosen fields. Additionally, all staff are given the opportunity to create their own path and career coaches are there to guide you along the way. To name a few of the benefits, the firm has free massages, tax season dinners, holiday parties, tax seasons parties, office is modern with state of the art technology, staff appreciation days, CPA exam reimbursement is generous, and great medical benefits.

Cons

With any accounting firms, the hours are long. Thankfully I love the people that I work with so it makes the time go by quicker.

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)2020-02-14
  5. "CLA"

Current Employee - Computer Department

I have been working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and very flexible hours.

Cons

Busy season... is manageable though.

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)2020-02-02

"Large firm, but not operates in small cells"

Current Employee - Audit Manager

I have been working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Variety of clients to work on and challenging work.

Cons

Principals exhibit unfair treatment to certain individuals and are at times dishonest.

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)2020-02-12

"Not a great experience overall."

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not a typical public accounting firm.

Cons

Very little room to grow.

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)2020-02-09
  8. "Rock your swag"

Current Employee - Associate in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work/life balance Business casual dress environment Online training portal - if you feel you need extra training or help on an application you can go out and watch training videos/sign up for presentations CLA is diverse and inclusive of all people CPA exam reimbursement Coaches and buddies to help you get acclimated and go to with questions

Cons

Lack of communication - sometimes Busy Season - it's public accounting so there's no escaping it

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)2020-01-27

"Just OK"

in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)

Pros

Good benefits and flexibility. Many great people to work with.

Cons

When I had first started many years ago, the company seemed very promising. Over the last year it seems like the company has been growing rapidly with no organization. Many important things are not being communicated properly which can be confusing. A lot of focus has been put on growing as a company more than actually helping clients.

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)2020-02-10
  10. "Lots of fun as long as you try your best"

Current Employee - Associate in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Work Culture - Everyone is easily approachable, even your Partners/Directors. There are socials every now and then to keep up the office team atmosphere and morale. Awesome Work/Life Balance - When it comes to busy season, the minimum amount of time you have to put in is 50 hours, compared to other firms. Also, you can come in at a reasonable time (Between 7-10 AM), just make sure you get your work done. At times, you can work from home as long as you communicate with your team. Plus 15 days of vacation per year, 2 floating holidays, and 3 sick days. Free Parking - Believe it or not, $12/day adds up compared to working in downtown Flexible Career Path - You may not start in the field/industry you originally wanted, but if you lay a foundation/history of great work ethic, then they are willing to invest time and resources for you to try other industries and careers. Hourly Based on Salary - CLA is one of the few firms to pay employees hourly based on salary; so if you're working more hours in busy season, we have the chance to make more than Big 4 or other firms putting in 60-80+ hours a week.

Cons

Busy Season - There's no escaping that in public accounting CLA makes it more bearable: free dinner every night. Huge Learning Curve - I started right in the beginning of busy season so I had to learn quickly. As long as you try your best and consistently as questions and help, you'll survive public accounting.

CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)2020-01-15

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 446 reviews