CLEAResult Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CLEAResult President and CEO Aziz Virani
Aziz Virani

Pros
  • CLEAResult is a great emerging energy efficiency company (in 16 reviews)

• Coworkers are great people, really enjoyed them (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management keeps changing (in 14 reviews)

• Little to no thought of employees, only of company expansion and saving money (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to grow, collaborate, make an impact"

Pros

Great team, collaborative environment. Excellent new leadership, strong executive team that is working hard to create innovative, inclusive, rewarding corporate culture. Very mission driven company with tremendous opportunity to make a positive impact on communities.

Cons

Company is very spread out and efforts to create a unified culture haven't fully taken root yet. Many acquisitions in short period of time created significant challenges. Efforts underway to improve that but it takes time and still sometimes feels like several different companies.

Advice to Management

Find more ways to get great ideas out of rank and file. There are so many talented people throughout the company and many want to contribute more to growth. Need to find ways to harness their passion and knowledge.

Dec 28, 2016 – CLEAResult Cares

Absolutely! Our new CEO is always impressed by the passion of our workforce. Thank you for recognizing the improvements we're trying to make and the impact we have on the people we serve. We ... More

2. "Residential Field Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

I worked at CLEAResult full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomy, flexibility, ability to set your own schedule within parameters, great access to information from colleagues. Great, supportive atmosphere where everyone worked together, and nobody was treated negatively for not knowing something. Colleagues were dedicated to doing the job right and treating each other with respect.

Cons

Poor program software was always an issue.

"run of the mill company, but great employees"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have had lots of opportunity to grow my career and be successful at clearesult.

Cons

not every gets those opportunities and they leave the company because of it

Advice to Management

increase salaries in the high priced regions of the country, provide more and faster tracks to promotions.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time

Pros

I just returned to CLEAResult after about six months away. I am VERY excited to be back with the company and all the great folks that work here. It is a very exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company in an ever changing marketplace and CLEAResult is making the right moves to stay cutting edge and ahead of the game.

Cons

CLEAResult has gone through tremendous growth over the last few years- the company is still discovering itself due to this, overall this just makes it a very exciting place to be.

May 24, 2017 – CLEAResult Cares

We're happy to have to you back! Your support is much appreciated. Looking forward to all the exciting work to come!

"Incentives Assistant"

Current Employee - Incentives Assistant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Incentives Assistant in Portland, OR

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back offices, nice people, central location downtown

Cons

Pretty standard large corporate environment, offices were boring, not really any personality. Not really bad, just nothing really special.

May 24, 2017 – CLEAResult Cares

Appreciate your feedback on your office environment. Glad you enjoy your coworkers!

"Headed for Corporate America"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CLEAResult consistently hires really smart & driven people. Plenty of room for growth across early careers up to management level. Flexible vacation & work environment. The majority of external clients are wonderful to work with.

Cons

Many positions are eligible for a bonus that increasingly becomes more unlikely to receive each year. Despite the growth in employee count over the years, the structure and organization of departments is still largely malleable and without written documentation. Far more focused on financial metrics than employee engagement, retention, or growth. Communication is infrequent. HR department is virtually unseen. Other shared services like IT & Marketing are subject to cuts without the protection of direct revenue.

Advice to Management

People first, EBITDA will follow.

May 24, 2017 – CLEAResult Cares

I'm proud of this company's growth because it allows us to help even more people save energy. With that growth comes challenges, too. Your feedback helps us improve together. Thank you!

"Not the same place"

Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at CLEAResult full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Regional leadership is brilliant.

Cons

The passion is no longer there.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees with history. Learn the industry.

May 24, 2017 – CLEAResult Cares

I believe CLEAResult employees are passionate and mission-driven. A desire to conserve energy for the betterment of our world is what unites us. I wish you all the best in your next endeavor. Thank ... More

"Just Good Enough for full time work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great office in the Portland area with gym and bike storage, office coffee, 401k match, HSA option, pre-tax transit fund, overall culture is laid back and the people are very nice

Cons

Mobility can be stagnant and there are never any out of cycle raises. typical raises are 2-3% per year. when people leave their work gets distributed among others rather than hiring a replacement. High turnover rates.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for upward mobility that does not include people management, create a product or technology to amp up revenue to increase chance for bonuses

May 24, 2017 – CLEAResult Cares

As our industry evolves, our company does, too! We're grateful for your work and feedback.

"Honest opinion"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging environment brought on by constant change. People that like consistency will not enjoy this company as the market is ever changing. Pay is high if you have the qualifications, but if you are not college educated then don't expect to be paid like one. Raises are done every April, and if you want a promotion you must take on the extra work without pay increase to prove your worth. I'm highly compensated for my position, and excel at it. I have been promoted twice within 18 months due to being great at my job.

Cons

Expect to work more than 40 hours if you are salary which doesn't bother me, but some it will. 2-4% pay merit increase, but you are eligible for bonus which I have always received but don't expect it.

Advice to Management

Keep developing direct to customer business model, and do not focus solely on utility contracts.

May 24, 2017 – CLEAResult Cares

Lots of helpful feedback here. Thanks for taking the time to share.

"I enjoyed working with the members of my team."

Former Employee - Field Technician in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Portland, OR

I worked at CLEAResult full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I got to travel and meet many people. I worked inside and out. I exercised my mind and body while at work. I experienced numerous events that made me grow to realize I have far to go. I worked with a diverse group of people that made work interesting.

Cons

Our schedule was provided by a 3rd party that we could not talk to. There information, vital for efficient use of our time, was sometimes lacking important details. Our company had no real leverage to back us when we encountered problems. Morale could get low. In my experience the company encouraged personal and professional growth, but only in word, not deed.

Advice to Management

They didnt value it then, why would they now. I say that because on one occasion a notice was posted at our office asking for any ideas that might help the company or its mission. That notice was taken down a few days later because hourly employee opinions were not needed or desired.

May 24, 2017 – CLEAResult Cares

CLEAResult wants to hear from all of our employees, as it only helps us improve. I'm sorry you felt your feedback wasn't wanted. Thank you for taking the time to share it here. We wish you well in ... More