CLEAResult Reviews

Updated May 13, 2021

3.4
CLEAResult CEO Scott Boose (no image)
Scott Boose
Pros
  • "Learned about energy efficiency(in 27 reviews)

• "Great people to work with and Company benefits(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management here is very messy(in 25 reviews)

• "The work environment is very negative and toxic(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CLEAResult and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

good

Apr 21, 2021 - Energy Engineer in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good good good good good

Cons

none none none none none

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Mix of Good and Bad

Apr 21, 2021 - Energy Engineer in Reading, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flex work - No micromanagement - Good work-life balance - Everyone is cordial and respectful

Cons

- Middle managers have no power - Below average compensation (thank you Glassdoor) - High turnover - Huge disconnect between upper management and employees - Limited budget for professional development - Limited room for growth - Easy to get pigeon-holed in one position

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great people & strong mission

May 12, 2021 - Human Resources in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, strong mission and lots of tenure/knowledge.

Cons

Lots of owners and change in direction.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A very good company that's improving

Jan 19, 2021 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

CLEAResult is a mission driven organization giving employees a strong sense purpose with the work we're doing to change the way people use energy. There are good opportunities for advancement, an improving executive leadership team, a strong emphasis on improving the company culture and a focus on diversity and inclusion initiatives. Most positions have a good amount of flexibility in terms of when and where you work. Are there "better" companies out there, sure, but CLEAResult is far from the worst and continues to improve.

Cons

Not everyone at CLEAResult has a consistent experience working here so there is work to be done on ensuring a consistently positive working experience regardless of the team or department. There is still some improvements needed in terms of compensation and ensuring gender equality. Communication has improved but more improvement is needed. Data management has been a long term issue that is slowly improving but is limiting our ability to move more quickly with growth initiatives.

CLEAResult People Team

Thank you for the feedback and for your tenure at CLEAResult. We’re happy to hear the improvements are being felt, and we agree there is more work to be done. We’re optimistic that the investments we’re making to develop our people and focus on the employee experience will continue to move us toward a more inclusive culture and a consistently positive experience for everyone.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Getting Better

Nov 23, 2020 - Program Consultant in Arlington, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is extremely flexible with vacation and sick time. Several (not most) positions are work from home, even when not in COVID. Health Insurance continues to improve as the company grows. The company is a leading contributor in their field, Energy Efficiency Consulting. Turnover rates have gone down in the past two years due to changes in leadership for the better. The company is very culturally accepting and inclusive.

Cons

Depending on where you work it can be difficult to move up. Although top Leadership is changing slowly, there is still the "Good Ole Boys" mentality that is a constant struggle to overcome. The company is working hard to do better about this and those steps have been visible company wide. The company has a MAJOR problem in dealing with people in positions they are not suitable for. When a ball is dropped or someone completely lands on their face, there are no consequences...or if there are, they aren't enough to make a change in that persons work behavior. It's frustrating and disappointing that this tolerance also contributes to the difficulty in moving up in the company. Hopefully this will be one of the changes yet to come in the new Leadership plan.

Corporate Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. We have very diverse teams, consisting of great people, all driven by our mission. One of our key initiatives for 2021 is launching a robust training platform to elevate the leadership abilities of our management team. We are excited to see where 2021 takes us. Thanks again for sharing and being a part of the Culture journey.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Energy Efficiency Pros

Apr 7, 2021 - Senior Solutions Architect in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cohesive culture with a clear connection from your work to the company mission Teams are empowered to be creative and solve problems with autonomy Lots of top tier talent to learn from

Cons

Overly corporate at times Compensation below industry standards Can be hard to find opportunities for professional development

CLEAResult People Team

Thank you for your tenure and for sharing your experience. We appreciate both the affirming and constructive feedback. As an organization, we’re always striving to improve and care deeply about our people and our mission. We’re excited for all the future holds and look forward to accomplishing our goals together.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not bad

Mar 22, 2021 - Processing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home is nice

Cons

Not much promotion In this job

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Stepping Stone

Apr 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Networking opportunities, community, and shared values with coworkers

Cons

salary, lack of information cascade from the top down

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not bad

Mar 15, 2021 - Incentive Processor in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home is nice

Cons

Pay is not that great

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Place

Mar 12, 2021 - Incentive Processor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Money Food Gift Cards Benefits Co-workers Work from home Supervisors are nice Work from home

Cons

Schedule Work is repetitive favoritism from management unorganized

Viewing 1 - 10 of 466 Reviews