CLEAResult Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 6, 2021

3.4
CLEAResult CEO Scott Boose (no image)
Scott Boose
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of CLEAResult and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Awesome company, unfortunately Covid19 cost me my job."

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at CLEAResult full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and Company benefits.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind, Covid19 costing so many jobs.

2. "Decent"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at CLEAResult full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people, good mission, lots of change

Cons

micro managing, no work-life balance, difficult to get fair pay for all levels of employees

"Good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Energy Advisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and great benefits.

Cons

There are too many managers. Not very clear on how to progress in the company.

4. "Good"

Current Employee - Energy Engineer in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company, great people, good to work for

Cons

High turn over rate, alot of driving

February 10, 2020Corporate Marketing Manager

Hello, thanks for your comments on your experience with CLEAResult. I'm glad your time here has been positive, and agree that there is turn over. We are working on improving turn-over rates. We have a solid leadership team in place now including a new Chief People Officer who has already made improvements like an additional holiday and much improved family leave benefits. Not sure we can do anything about the driving, but if you do have any ideas on that, let us know at brand@clearesult.com. Thanks, Barbara Weiss, Corporate Marketing Manager

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Residential Energy Auditor

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, competitive salary and benefits

Cons

Fairly high turnover and structural changes

November 20, 2019Corporate Marketing Manager

Hello, We appreciate your review. I was talking to a Sr. Marketing Account Manager today who has been with CLEAResult for over six years and she was commenting that one of the best things about working at CLEAResult is the people: kind, smart, funny, real. Agreed on the turnover and lots of structural change point, but our CEO, Scott Boose, and our new Chief People Office, Collette Clemens are dedicating resources and making plans to turn the turnover around. --Barbara Weiss, Corporate Marketing Manager

"Changing company, great people to work with"

4.0
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at CLEAResult full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with, my office tended towards a younger age set but suited where I was at the time. Mid-level managers, for the most part, were great to work with. Good place to get your foot in the door if you're interested in the industry.

Cons

At the time I left there was a lot of re-org, the energy efficiency consulting industry was changing, and the company was still learning how to adapt.

November 13, 2019Corporate Marketing Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. The company and the industry are changing, but our executive team is dedicated to evolving the culture at CLEAResult to provide more stability during those times of change.

"The People Make the Work Tolerable"

2.0

I worked at CLEAResult full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great people, decent benefits, and pretty good balance between work/personal life.

Cons

- Aziz was a below average CEO - Uncertainty of a job is a big factor (everything is contractually based) - Compensation is pretty bad - If you get a bonus you're lucky (and it's not much even with the highest recognition) - You are stomped on by the client and you can't really do much about it - National/Corporate presence is so bad

Continue reading

"Fine Company That Needs to Focus on Employees More"

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coworkers are always great people and friends; office areas are clean, light, and feel good to be in; company is successful

Cons

Everyone has much too much on their plate; diminishing opportunities for women as you move higher in the company; job training is on the fly

"Moral is tanking"

2.0

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time for less than a year

Pros

Front line is solid and made up of great people. Our clients are great.

Cons

The culture has been rotting for sometime. We've lost many great people in the last few years because of lack of communication, poor compensation, and dishonesty from higher ups. It seems like decisions are being made by people who don't truly understand the business or our customers. Many of us have stuck around because we are loyal to the mission and our team. I don't think that will last much longer.

Continue reading

"Honest Review of Struggling Company"

1.0

I worked at CLEAResult full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- As most people note, there are lots of great people at CLEAResult. I made some great friendships, and I can certify that among rank-and-file employees, 99% are great human beings. - Because of the high turn-over rate, there are certainly opportunities for career advancement. Leadership does promote from within, even if the pay raises are minimal, the better title and more responsibility count for something. (FYI, because raises are some minimal, I highly recommend negotiating the starting salary as much as possible). - CLEAResult delivers consulting services to utilities. These services do fall in general "Product Lines." However, the reality is that most programs are built custom for each client. In practice, this means that you tend to have a lot of influence with the specific client if you work directly for a program.

Cons

- There is a general disorganization and lack of standardization that makes working at CLEAResult very unpleasant. For starters, the IT systems are a mess. CLEAResult has acquired 10+ companies in the past 7 years, and integrations were never fully done properly. As of 2017, there were still multiple programs being managed with legacy systems from companies acquired 5+ years ago. The company is constantly promising that standardization is coming, but for all the talk over the years, nothing seems to happen. Everything IT is just very antiquated, such as an in-house data center that often breaks down, a VPN connection that is so slow it takes minutes (!) to open a simple Word file, computers that are super slow and are supposed to last 4 years, and many other issues. The IT Support folks are great, and I often felt bad asking them for help since they can only do so much. The problem, I think, is a general lack of investment in modernizing IT systems. - Layoffs happened every year I’ve been with the company, usually towards the end of the year. If you work directly for a program and/or are over 90% billable to a client, then you’re probably safe. But if you work in some central/shared service such as HR, IT, Marketing, etc., there’s a good chance you’ll be let go at one point. It seems that the company is super bottom-line focused, so they want to squeeze as much revenue as possible out of each employee and minimize other expenses. The rumor is that CR wants to either go public (highly unlikely IMHO since the company is just not growing organically as much as would be necessary to please the market) or sell itself to another, bigger energy services company. If this sale happens, get ready for mass layoffs! - The company’s innovation and growth strategy is unclear at best and misguided at worst. CLEAResult is clearly trying to consolidate the industry, which seems like a perfect response to the consolidation happening in the utility industry. However, there is almost ZERO investment in new and innovative products (Demand Response is probably the only exception). You would think that the acquisitions should lead to new, innovative ideas being applied across the company, but that hardly ever happens due to the lack of organization and decentralization noted in a previous point. So, you’re left with a company that provides face-to-face customer engagement services and some in-house energy calculations services. Nothing digital, nothing modern, just plain-old calculating energy savings and talking to people about it. That’s all good, and maybe you can build a nice company around this. But it’s definitely NOT innovative and forward-thinking. - Some senior leaders, managers and HR partners can go on power trips and make rash staffing decisions without fully considering all options. There was one circumstance where a colleague of mine was accused of something that she didn’t do, and I got the impression that everyone thought she was guilty without first talking to her in depth and understanding her perspective. The was another instance where a “star performer” kept being aggressive and borderline abusive to people, and when multiple people complained, the manager simply made excuses and brushed off the accusations. I truly felt like I could not be honest to (some) managers, senior leaders or HR out of fear that I would be persecuted unfairly. - Pay is very low for the work being performed. Raises for promotions are also very low, capped at 7%. And yearly raises are very low too, usually in the 1-2% range. The chance to move up and get better experience sort of makes up for this, but I guarantee you that you will make A LOT more money somewhere else. The funny thing is that despite all these efforts to keep costs down, the company is still doing layoffs every year, so I have serious doubts about the financial future of the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 English Reviews