CMG Financial Loan Officer Reviews | Glassdoor

Christopher George

"Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CMG Financial

Pros

LOVE this company. Fair and competitive compensation, good managerial support, good technical support, Excellent support team provided for submitting loans, great learning tools available to keep up on lending rules and changes. Good TEAM feeling. I will never work for another lending company.

Cons

Need to sharpen communication procedures, but I know that is in the works. Sometimes one underwriter will approve something that another underwriter will not.

Advice to Management

I wish underwriters would respond to my emails/phone calls. Seems like i have to get management involved to get a resolution.

CMG Financial2016-12-28

"Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Manual underwriting, Pre-approval prior to contract, closings in 21-30 days in most scenarios, underwriting 24-72 hours, paid comm twice a month. 1/2 of Zillow marketing co-branding reimbursed. responsive in most situations.

Cons

Branch manager altered terms of desk occupancy 4 months in. Marketing is below the curve technologically, reimbursement takes multiple submissions.

CMG Financial2018-10-13

"A Nightmare with A Family Vibe"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The people are GREAT. Literally almost everyone, I can only identify 1-2 people I've interacted with from management down that I didn't thoroughly enjoy.

Cons

ZERO processes or support where needed. No onboarding/training process to speak of, people that are hardly qualified for their job working from home instead of the office where they can learn and improve, and management that spends more time putting out fires and getting loans through the pipeline than actually managing people.

Advice to Management

Take a step back, stop trying to grow so fast, and recognize that CMG doesn't even have the processes in place to support the business they do now, let alone to be adding branches monthly.

CMG Financial2017-10-26
  4. "CMG Financial Review"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Coronado, CA

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Company is good size, but still nimble. Competitive interest rates.

Cons

401k match could be more competitive, but is improving

CMG Financial2015-09-02
  5. "One of the best mortgage companies to work for"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in San Ramon, CA

I worked at CMG Financial full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great products and pricing. Very nice office headquarters. Peaople are nice and good atmosphere. Good suuport from management

Cons

If you do not produce enough (sometimes that happens) the underwriters would take very long to do your files. CMG needs to hire more underwriters. Most complaints from loan officers (unless you are a very top producer) are regarding processing.

Advice to Management

Hire more processors to back up all LOs, not just the few who are super producers

CMG Financial2014-05-30