CMG Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Christopher George

Pros
  • Now I'm continuing to do what I love, and I have a much better work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• however; the benefits are great in comparison to what i've found after (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises unless you threaten to leave (in 5 reviews)

• Pay is not up to par with industry/cost of living in area, as well as many employees doing the task of 2-3 people for the pay of 1 (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great culture and benefits"

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, bonus incentives, and lots of training.

Cons

LO teams are not managed well by corporate and team mates can be overworked and have a hard time finding work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Forced hiring to relieve some stress and workload on LO teams

2. "Awesome Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've found CMG to have some of the most loyal and dedicated employees that I've ever seen at prior employers. If you are a hard working and committed person, CMG has an opportunity for you. There is so much support from management to allow employees that are doing well to transition into other roles, where applicable. Meritocracy is pervasive within the organization. Sr. management is disciplined and thoughtful in their approach to running the business and seems to support management in running their respective businesses. I'm really enjoying my time at CMG.

Cons

I see lots of opportunities to make positive changes within the organization and I believe management supports me every step of the way! And, btw, I love the challenge, so this is really a 'Pro' in my mind.

Advice to Management

Stay the course through a disciplined and conservative approach as we navigate through interesting political times. I believe we're on the right path!

3. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Wonderful, down to earth senior management team
    - Has a really good HR/payroll/benefits team that is very prompt in handling issues

Cons

- There needs to more communication regarding company progress from the senior management

Advice to Management

Come up with more ways to interact with your employees to spread company culture

"All in the Family"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Austin, TX

I worked at CMG Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent salary, lots of programs, great corporation. Christopher George is brilliant and corporate values are of the highest standard.

Cons

Training is a couple of days looking over someone shoulder who is too busy to train you. Totally on the job training with trail and error as the results.Problem is so many people in this office are related. Employees everyone loves just happen to be the daughters of the supervisors and get lots of overtime and rave reviews. Not my favorite job.

Advice to Management

Provide real training to new employees with someone who has time to teach them. Also, there is a reason most companies do not let you work directly for someone you are related to. It might be the reason for the huge turnover rate.

5. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open lines of communication throughout company

Cons

Can put the cart before the horse on policy.

"former employee in scottsdale wholesale"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at CMG Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

my boss was great until he wasn't. once you are disliked you will be forced out sooner or later.
    however; the benefits are great in comparison to what i've found after. i paid $250 a check for everything for my entire family. my next job was twice that!

Cons

worked here 3 years and 4 months; not a single review. not once; also no raises ever. i was finally given a raise when i threatened to leave. despite knowledge, hard work and dedication there was zero growth opportunities. i finally burned myself out and quit. very who you know company; make friends with the right people and you're good regardless of abilities.

Advice to Management

get your account managers to do their jobs rather than allowing them to pass it off to underwriting or registration. or even sales. I have never seen such a useless group of employees as the wholesale account managers.
    set up an actual review and raise system.

"Be Careful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at CMG Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment and ability to work from home on occasion.

Cons

No performance reviews and no expected raises. A lot of nepotism and favoritism throughout the company.

Advice to Management

Review an employee on a regular basis so they know how they are doing. There should be a policy for pay increases for good employees not just those that are related or know someone to get what they want.

8. "good company"

I worked at CMG Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

large company but small office atmosphere, good work life balance

Cons

easy hire and easy layoff

"Correspondent"

Former Employee - Shipping Clerk/Post Closing in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Shipping Clerk/Post Closing in San Ramon, CA

I worked at CMG Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with.....but that is pretty much it. used to have holiday parties, catering, but no more

Cons

No raises unless you get a promotion, and promotions doesn't happen unless you are part of the family click. People get hired and promoted and not know what a 1003 is. All the corporate Assistance have it made, all they have to do is Walk the SVP dog name Pandora 3 times a day, and gets paid mega bucks. been there 3 years and every year there is a layoff. No overtime what so ever. and if you do work over time, you're not paid for it, they adjust your time to reflect 8 hours, a total Labor Board violation. keep that up and one day someone will report it, and that will be a major class action law suit. it's just a matter of time before someone blows the whistle.

Advice to Management

try to give annual raises. and focus less on who is in your click.. since the owner opened the new restaurant in WC -Sunol Ridge, it has gone down hill. sometimes you have to either pick your dream or pick your money. quality people are leaving the company. the average employee last about 3.5 year at most, they they are either laid off or leave the company unless you got it good with upper management

"Funder"

Former Employee - Funding in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Funding in San Ramon, CA

I worked at CMG Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy interview ,good salary ,friendly Company

Cons

let people go very fast