CMG Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Christopher George

"Underwriter"

Former Employee - Senior Underwriter

I worked at CMG Financial full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

Nepotism and favoritism are the flavors of the day. Zero support from management as they are too busy covering their rears. Managers lacking in experience and don't have basic management 101 training. Employees' personal business is shared by Managers with other employees. Training and advancement opportunities are extended to family members first. Do not believe promises made at hiring- they won't happen....

CMG Financial2018-07-21

"Weary from the start"

Former Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA

I worked at CMG Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers & Supervisor were the best part of the job. The founder seems to be a caring person from the email communications sent to all employees.

Cons

The Senior Executives were not trustworthy. It was immediately apparent to the entire team. My Supervisor continually struggled to get responses from HR or the Senior Executives to critical information our team needed to do our jobs effectively. Too many stages of approval for simple decisions.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to use much caution when heeding advice from those he considers to be his "most trusted." They are not out to protect the company, only looking to self-serve themselves. Final thought, hire a CFO. There are shady people presently steering your ship.

CMG Financial2018-06-11

"Funder"

Former Employee - Funder in Irving, TX

I worked at CMG Financial full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I love this company and the direction they are heading.

Cons

Poor management in some areas, it’s really sad

Advice to Management

Hire someone who is qualified for the position in management

CMG Financial2018-05-31

"Nepotism!! Beware! It’s out of control"

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Irving, TX

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Health and dental insurance and some pto

Cons

No direction. No planning when there is downtime (meanwhile other companies are busy). We just sit idle. A couple of the managers are terrible at communication.

Advice to Management

What do you say to managers whose kids work there and get special treatment and a ton of work (as others sit idle) just to bonus. True story Get a clue maybe?

CMG Financial2018-04-17

"Retail Instructional Specialist"

I worked at CMG Financial full-time

Pros

Very friendly people. Good culture.

Cons

They don't seem to plan for known down times in the Mortgage Industry, and therefore have to lay people off when things slow down.

CMG Financial2018-03-12
  6. "Mortgage Loan Processor"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Pinehurst, NC

I worked at CMG Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is good.

Cons

Management did not provide appropriate guidance

CMG Financial2018-02-28
  7. "Best place I ever worked."

Current Employee - Corporate Videographer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

When I walk into the office in the morning, I feel calm and welcome. I know what I have to do, and if I don't, there are 3 people I can call to find out. Everyone is clear about what they need and when they need it, but they still listen when I tell them what it will take to meet those goals.

Cons

Though we have a bicoastal staff meeting every morning, there isn't a whole lot of collaboration yet between the employees in different roles. This sometimes leads to effort duplication, and sometimes it leads to contradictory requests being given to one or more employees. While the lack of direct oversight makes me feel trusted, it also lets some important questions remain unanswered for hours or days, when those answers...

Advice to Management

The cons I mentioned above are already being addressed by management, and my advice would be for them to keep improving like they have been. More direct orders and stricter timelines would help me and other employees proceed with a surer sense of direction and a better idea of priorities. And I think the company could definitely afford to be more liberal when it comes to expenses like equipment and meals.

CMG Financial2017-11-03

"A Nightmare with A Family Vibe"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The people are GREAT. Literally almost everyone, I can only identify 1-2 people I've interacted with from management down that I didn't thoroughly enjoy.

Cons

ZERO processes or support where needed. No onboarding/training process to speak of, people that are hardly qualified for their job working from home instead of the office where they can learn and improve, and management that spends more time putting out fires and getting loans through the pipeline than actually managing people.

Advice to Management

Take a step back, stop trying to grow so fast, and recognize that CMG doesn't even have the processes in place to support the business they do now, let alone to be adding branches monthly.

CMG Financial2017-10-26
  9. "Transaction Processor"

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time

Pros

Lots of training, great people to work with

Cons

Don't have any just yet

CMG Financial2017-10-10
  10. "Every Customer, Every Time, No Exceptions, No Excuses!"

Current Employee - Satisfied Employee In Accounting in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

For me, it's all about the people. In our company I would with great people and am part of a fantastic team that functions very much like a family. The core values of the company align with my personal values and allow me to place the highest priority on integrity and internal and external customer service. I couldn't ask for more in an employer.

Cons

Sometimes the volume of work to be done makes it difficult to provide the kind of customer service I would prefer, but it also gives a chance for us to become more creative in doing so.

Advice to Management

Stay the course you are on and continue to learn and adapt as you receive feedback; which you are already doing. I have enjoyed this company more and more each year I have served, which must mean we are learning from each other. Awesome!

CMG Financial2017-10-10