CMG Financial "loans" Reviews | Glassdoor

CMG Financial Employee Reviews about "loans"

Updated Jun 10, 2019

Found 107 reviews

3.3
Christopher George
Pros
  • "Working for CMG is the best Lending Company experience in my 16 years working on loans(in 7 reviews)

• "Great benefits, competitive pay, bonus incentives, and lots of training(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Bottomline CMG can careless about their staff(in 8 reviews)

• "No raises unless you threaten to leave(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "loans"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Production Assistant"

Current Employee - Production Assistant

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family oriented company. Good benefits. Innovative loan programs

Cons

Marketing department is not good and promises more than they actually do

CMG Financial2018-12-01

"underwriter"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Irving, TX

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work tough files and hone skill of getting a loan approved. It's an income source.

Cons

No annual review nor salary adjustments. Management displays gross disparity to employees, if you are not a personal friend or family member, not much potential for growth opportunities. Company location is sub-par as building needs updates, no cafeteria or deli nor vending machine and distance to restaurants eat up lunch break.

CMG Financial2018-11-30

CMG Financial Response

March 20, 2019Human Resources Business Partner

Performance Management is a priority for the Human Resources Department and CMG. We are currently looking into several processes and hope to have one in place very soon. We strive to provide a environment for employees to enjoy working with. Feedback/communication is key and is ...

"A Nightmare with A Family Vibe"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are GREAT. Literally almost everyone, I can only identify 1-2 people I've interacted with from management down that I didn't thoroughly enjoy.

Cons

ZERO processes or support where needed. No onboarding/training process to speak of, people that are hardly qualified for their job working from home instead of the office where they can learn and improve, and management that spends more time putting out fires and getting loans through the pipeline than actually managing people.

Advice to Management

Take a step back, stop trying to grow so fast, and recognize that CMG doesn't even have the processes in place to support the business they do now, let alone to be adding branches monthly.

CMG Financial2017-10-26

"More Experience at the Top"

I worked at CMG Financial full-time

Pros

This company has a good flow . The produce a lot of loans therefore they are lucrative.

Cons

No support from management. The reason for no support is no or very limited knowledge of the industry. No credentials...

Advice to Management

Screen upper management or test before hiring. Treat employees like they matter.

CMG Financial2017-06-13

"Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CMG Financial

Pros

LOVE this company. Fair and competitive compensation, good managerial support, good technical support, Excellent support team provided for submitting loans, great learning tools available to keep up on lending rules and changes. Good TEAM feeling. I will never work for another lending company.

Cons

Need to sharpen communication procedures, but I know that is in the works. Sometimes one underwriter will approve something that another underwriter will not.

Advice to Management

I wish underwriters would respond to my emails/phone calls. Seems like i have to get management involved to get a resolution.

CMG Financial2016-12-28
  6. "Senior Loan Processor"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Coronado, CA

I have been working at CMG Financial for more than 3 years

Pros

I have exemplary Management both from my Branch level and Corp. Working for CMG is the best Lending Company experience in my 16 years working on loans. I hope to retire for this boutique styled company that cares about both their borrowers and their employees.

Cons

Short on support staff at times

CMG Financial2016-12-27

"Very Happy at CMG"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Coronado, CA

I have been working at CMG Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive rates, quick turn-times, can-do attitude / supportive staff at corporate, good leadership on branch and corporate level. Everybody at my branch seems to be very happy and everybody at corporate is very friendly. Good size company - not too big, not too small. 2014 Scotsman Guide had 7 top producers in San Diego - 4 of those 7 were with CMG Financial. Good place to be if you want to originate loans in a...

Cons

Experiencing some growing-pains, but that is to be expected with a successful company that is expanding. Company may sometimes roll out new applications a bit prematurely, but they are quick to fix issues.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to suggestions for improvement from sales and operations staff - they are the boots on the ground and their advice is vital.

CMG Financial2015-12-03

"Proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at CMG Financial full-time

Pros

Flexible working hours/arrangements, friendly atmosphere among staff, generally commonsense credit guidelines and policy

Cons

As an employer in general, CMG leaves a lot to be desired. As a way for the company to save money on staff, there is no employee review or raise process, so the rate that you are hired at is the rate you will stay for the length of your employment with them unless you are able to negotiate yourself a raise. There is a lot of talk at the top about work ethic and values, but as a production employee it becomes obvious that...

Advice to Management

As long as ownership of the company stays the same I wouldn't expect much to change, but just be aware that your high turnover rates are because you are losing good employees over poor and ineffective management and oversight.

CMG Financial2015-08-28

"Unprofessional"

I worked at CMG Financial full-time

Pros

The company focuses on wholesale business across the USA and is basically a Fannie and Ginnie lender. Good sale commissions and they leave you alone. Loans close as long as they fit in the box. Loan operations etc. are above average.

Cons

Terrible Jumbo products, nepotism to the extreme, management plays favorites, no DPA programs, no marketing support, little product offering. Management is insulated and does not like any constructive feedback. Managers come and go with frequency. Management views the sales force with suspicion.

Advice to Management

Criticism doesn't mean one is not a team player...just the opposite.

CMG Financial2015-05-14