CMG Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

4.4
Rich Beatty and Russ Lange
1 Rating

1. "Helping clients, and employees, achieve growth."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CMG Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at CMG Partners has allowed me to broaden and deepen my experience exponentially. Through collaborative projects with other high-caliber consultants, for both clients and the firm alike, I have grown into a passionate strategic marketing consultant. In the last two years, I have been exposed to so many new and exciting opportunities, and I have been given complete control over my career. Through project and firm work, I have been able to target my true passion and begin working on my professional development - regardless of where it takes me. Our team is wildly diverse, but incredibly close-knit. We are consummate marketing professionals who know how to play hard and have fun.

Cons

Culture is important in every business, and it is especially critical for a small business. Our small, but growing, team is currently spread out along the eastern seaboard, and we don't always have the pleasure of being able to work with each other.

Feb 2, 2016 – Head of Talent Management

Appreciate your feedback. It's wonderful to hear our team of curious thinkers and adaptive doers brings out the best in each other. We'll continue to find opportunities to bring everyone together ... More

2. "From the first phone call, I knew I wanted to be a part of the team."

Current Contractor - Contract Consultant
    Current Contractor - Contract Consultant

I have been working at CMG Partners as a contractor

Pros

Every team member is created equal at CMGP. Whether you're full-time or a contractor, early in your career or a tenured marketer, or new to consulting or a seasoned consultant, everyone is welcoming, approachable and wants to help the firm and it's team whenever possible. There is a clear focus on their employees from top to bottom as well as their growth in mentoring and development. If you're hungry for more or new opportunities, the team will help in any way to get you there. Within my first week, I had an invite for 1:1 check-in sessions that were initially used to be sure my transition and project were off to a good start and have evolved into advice about growth within the role and my future.

Cons

Since the culture is so contagious and the team is full of good people and smart marketers with varying backgrounds, you want to get to know as many of them as possible. This can be hard being spread across large client organizations and living in multiple locations. CMGP makes a regular effort to get the client teams together to discuss projects to enable real-time collaboration and give you a sense on who's working on what and how to best use CMGP resources on your own projects. They also try to get the team together socially for happy hours, etc. to help keep a CMGP-specific culture outside of client work.

Feb 2, 2016 – Head of Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. It means the world to us that you value our culture, employee focus and diversity. We'll keep working at bringing our team together, both full time and contractor.

"Great people, lots of good work to do"

I have been working at CMG Partners full-time

Pros

I really enjoy this group of people - they are smart, curious, very hard working and fun. The firm manages to maintain a cohesive culture even though we all work in several offices around the country. These are really smart people, but we have fun too. The work is excellent with strategic work for big brands - impressive for a smaller firm - great for building your resume and getting great experience with big names and interesting projects -- and even entry level folks (and interns) work on big projects.

Cons

The management of the firm is a bit unusual. No HR, Partners tend to rule by personality and there are reviews every quarter (too often).

Advice to Management

Balance critical "grows" with more positive feedback.

Feb 2, 2016 – Head of Talent Management

Thank you for your note. Our passion for our clients' success and the team's development (plus our ability to play as hard as we work) sets us apart. You're right that we're a bit unconventional in ... More

5. "Great place to work!"

Pros

Amazing people, very interesting work, rigorous and challenging environment but in a good way. The people also really make it a very personal experience and the company does a great job of bringing the team together for events like quarterly meetings and company-wide trainings.

Cons

Slightly older crowd so not as much after-work activities like happy hours

Feb 2, 2016 – Head of Talent Management

Appreciate your review. We work hard to bring our fantastic team together, and it's great to hear the experience reflects that. It's even better to realize our culture spills into after-work ... More