CMG Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Roesler

1. "Fantastic Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Licensing and Marketing Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Licensing and Marketing Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CMG Worldwide full-time

Pros

I was a previous intern for CMG Worldwide at their satellite office in Los Angeles, Ca, and what a fantastic experience I had! CMG is an incredibly reputable company in an industry not many people know about. By helping represent the families and estates of deceased celebrities, I gained a wealth of knowledge into the world of licensing, marketing, and talent representation. All of the employees were extremely approachable and willing to help me learn as much as I could.
    After my internship concluded, the fact that CMG Worldwide was on my resume without a doubt helped me land my first REAL job out of college!

Other pros:
    -Work directly with CMO and CEO
    -CMG allows you to dive right in and speak with clients - even as an intern.
    -Friendly staff
    -Nice office space in West Hollywood

Overall experience 9/10.

Cons

-Parking was limited in the office building.
    -Not a lot of storage space in the office, therefore the kitchen seemed slightly cluttered with boxes lying on the floor.

"Opportunity for an interesting experience, if you have patience and are willing to deal with management"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at CMG Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with celebrity clients, helpful employees, opportunity to deal directly with management on various large scale products or issues. From the beginning you have the opportunity to work with high profile clients on exciting projects.

Cons

unethical behavior, no growth opportunities, all staff is micromanaged and there is a lack of direction from management. There are no perks, benefits and pay could both use significant improvement.

Advice to Management

Offer growth opportunities, more structure, training. Employees would benefit from working in a more professional environment.

"CMG offers a potential resume builder for an intern, but not much else."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at CMG Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with high-profile clients, self-drive and laid-back work environment, most employees report directly to the CEO.

Cons

Poor pay, knee-jerk management style, no growth, micromanagement at all levels. You may be asked to do some things to benefit the company that most people would find unethical.

Advice to Management

You could really help employee morale by paying competitive salaries/wages and offering more PTO.

5. "CMG Represents the leading edge of IP Rights Management and a great place to work"

Former Employee - Legal Associate in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Associate in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at CMG Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Anyone who has worked here knows having CMG on their resume is an asset to their future. Learn IP rights management from the best in the business. Very rare is it that an entry level employee can have contact with key clients, but I was given this access.

Cons

HQ is in Midwest, which means sometimes you will need to travel there to handle business matters.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow employees access to clients and to learning the ins and outs of this interesting field.

6. "Great experience, amazing CEO, incredible opportunity, very satisfied"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at CMG Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mark is a great CEO.. really cares about all of his employees and very professional. He is the best in the world at what he does and he created his field. You can learn a lot from him. The work was really intellectually stimulating and rewarding. Very challenging and exciting. My time at CMG was definitely satisfying.

Cons

no cons, except some of the employees are really lazy and inefficient when Mark is in LA at his other office.

Advice to Management

Fire some of the lazy, inefficient employees.

7. "very laid back"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at CMG Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

not much to do, relaxed environment, direct report to CEO, no hierarchy, self driven,

Cons

no growth, micromanagement, no future, not a financial firm, lack of organization, lack of corporate culture

Advice to Management

start paying more attention to work then talking

8. "Lifeless"

Current Employee - Licensing Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Licensing Agent in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Introduction to Intellectual Property of Deceased Celebrities.

Cons

Very general information that lacks trends, 21st Century standards and industry related experience. You would be better off watching a PBS special on Brands, Royalties and GDP.

Advice to Management

Revisit the token principle of operating a successful company. Understand the definition of S-U-C-C-E-S-S and implement that interpretation throughout the company.

9. "Best Experience!"

Pros

I had the best experience working there, everyone was super welcoming and nice.

Cons

No cons working there, maybe the location, because there are not a lot of restaurants around.

"I would steer clear from this place if I were you"

Pros

The offices have air conditioned.

Cons

Clueless micromanagement, unethical behavior (we were running pirated copies of Microsoft Office and other productivity software), poor treatment to employees.

Advice to Management

I wish I had any, but you are a lost cause.

"Good stepping stone, TONS of problems"

I worked at CMG Worldwide full-time

Pros

Provides a great opportunity to recent grads to work on their skills with little to zero consequences. You will have an opportunity to work with people way above your pay grade at other companies.

Cons

CEO is lost - started the business, but was quickly surpassed by people/agencies with half the experience/age of CMG. CMG has no marketing strategy for its clients, no pitch material, no brand decks, etc.

Advice to Management

Invest in your own business.