CMMS Data Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 27, 2017

3.2
Ruth Hughes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at CMMS Data Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a fast-paced and agile work environment that utilizes the unique strengths of each employee.

Cons

I can't pinpoint any cons.

2. "Blind management."

Current Employee - Sales Customer Success in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Customer Success in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CMMS Data Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers decent benefits and pays most of the cost. But the IRA contribution is pretty low but at least there is one.

Cons

Management is uneducated in the space we compete in. The CEO is a double-edged dual personality who will be your friend one minute and threaten you the next. Owners think their software is without competition. Somehow CMMS Data Group remains a small company with barely 350 customers and not quite $4M in annual revenue.
    It is not a unique player and their pricing is ridiculous. No wonder they lose more business than they win.

Advice to Management

Learn more about the competition that keeps beating you.

3. "Bad management, good coworkers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at CMMS Data Group full-time

Pros

The coworkers were some of the best I've encountered, eager to help each other out, friendly, and generally reliable. The work was interesting and allowed you to gain experience for when you inevitably move on to a better paying, less hostile job.

Cons

Nobody in management seemed to know what was going on. It was easily possible to get conflicting instructions from different people, and never actually find out which was correct. Management also regularly failed to pass on necessary information, leading to last minute frantic work, having to apologize to customers, and getting scolded from other management. Employees were regularly leaving the company for other opportunities.

Advice to Management

Better communication has to occur from management to employees. Management also needs to learn when to tell customers 'no'.

4. "great company to work for"

Pros

everyone is friendly, mature, and small enough for room to grow.

Cons

I have to put a minimum number of words here but there are no cons.

5. "Great Job, Great Coworkers, Ok Benefits"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CMMS Data Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pace of work is great - this is a very low-pressure workplace, so you have the time to produce quality work without cutting corners. I have found that my input is valued and appreciated, and that makes me feel like an important part of the team. While working at any small business you have to be prepared to function in multiple roles, and CDG is no exception. I've found that this helps me get familiar with the company as a whole, giving me valuable business experience that I can use anywhere.

Cons

It's a smaller company; I worry about career opportunities here as well as the potential for layoffs if sales slow down. I wish the benefits were more competitive, especially for healthcare.

Advice to Management

More competitive compensation and benefits will keep your current exceptional employees around and attract higher-caliber prospects in the future.

6. "CMMS Data Group is a fun, relaxing place to work downtown Chicago."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Downtown in the loop near all the trains. Small company that can avoid all the red tape to make decisions quickly.

The small size of the company will ensure that everything you do is important and has a lot of value to the day to day operation of the company.

Cons

CMMS Data Group is a small company, many people do not work well at a small company. The only downside I have seen is accidentally hiring employees who would like to have no accountability for their actions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

7. "No accountability."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

Pros

It is located in the city of Chicago, so it is an easy commute for those living in the area.

Cons

CMMS Data Group consists of an emotionally unstable work environment punctuated by putting down anyone who has new ideas. I would never recommend working here.

Advice to Management

The leaders had no one to keep them accountable, so they did whatever they felt like--whether that was threatening to fire people or bursting into fits of anger. No one could stand up to them.