What people are saying about CN
Got a burning question about CN? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with CN employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management: Front line managers at CN are hired off the street because internal employees are not dumb enough to take management jobs." (in 87 reviews)
- "No work/life balance for 10" (in 62 reviews)
- "Long hours and being on call at all hour can be difficult for most people with families at home." (in 54 reviews)
- "It is normal to have a 10 to 15 hour journey home eating into any time off." (in 21 reviews)
- "The 2021 round of layoffs" (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of CN and is not affected by filters.
Found 388 of over 1K reviews
Updated Oct 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "pay and benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Jan 18, 2022ConductorCurrent EmployeeEdmonton, AB
Good Pay and feels rewarding performing job
No Life on call most of the timeCN Response2y
Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your hard work. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great compensation. We strive hard to create a work environment where all employees have an opportunity to develop and grow their career. When we recruit talent to our teams, we spend a lot of time going over the working conditions and the realities associated with the railroad operating 24/7/365 days a year, including how being on call can disrupt your family life and important events. With this 24/7/365 operation CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We thank you for helping move our business and the economy forward.